Author Topic: Dramatic Drop in Frames per Second  (Read 3545 times)

jasonarmstrong

Dramatic Drop in Frames per Second
« on: July 05, 2012, 08:25:53 pm »
Hello!

I have been using your sceneries for quite some time and have never experienced this problem. I reinstalled FSX today as I had issues with my PC. I reinstalled KLAX and found a problem. For the first 60 seconds I get about 20-30 FPS, what i used always get prior to reinstalling of FSX and scenery. After the 60 seconds ellapse frames drop to 3-5 FPS. This is consistant in all FSDT sceneries that I have - KDFW, KLAX, KJFK, etc... I have also set graphics and AI sliders to what I used to always have. Do you have any suggestions as to what may be causing this problem? Thanks a lot!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Dramatic Drop in Frames per Second
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2012, 06:38:06 pm »
The only thing sure, it doesn't have anything to do with our sceneries.

Nothing happens after 60 seconds, all objects are loaded when the airport enters in sight. If anything, you should even have a slight *increase* of performances (more precisely, less stuttering) after a while, because everything has likely been cached in the vram.

One thing to check could be temperatures of both the video card, the cpu and the overall internals. It's possible that, after a while, the PC overheats and clocks down automatically in order to protect itself against burning. That wouldn't be so uncommon, in this season (if you live in the northern hemisphere...)

jasonarmstrong

Re: Dramatic Drop in Frames per Second
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2012, 11:01:46 pm »
Thanks for your advice! I will defenitly check it out!