Author Topic: Rendezvous with moving carriers  (Read 14593 times)

Amigo

Rendezvous with moving carriers
« on: July 02, 2012, 07:51:14 pm »
How can I prevent FSX moving default-carriers from disappearing from the screen after some time????
From "Orion" I got the departure schedule for moving carriers and I worked pretty hard to discover all routes of the basically eight moving carriers in detail. Thanks again Orion for your help.
I recorded coordinates and the appropriate time in one hour intervals for most of the carriers. In some cases I recorded the whole ground (sea) track of the entire carrier routing. Purpose was to have numerous recovery points to choose from for launches and/or renezvous before or after tactical low level missions.
However, after working out a few low level missions with approach phase, attack phase and recovery phase; I found out, "my" carrier was not available (visible) at the planned rendezvous point for recovery at minimum fuel stage. No matter, if launched from the carrier itself or from an airbase. On recovery to the appropriate carrier coordinates after 1 hour or more flying time, the carrier was just not visible at the supposed position.
As I found out later, the carrier was there (at the exact coordinates), but the carrier did not show on the screen.
I discovered by chance, clicking OK on the present GMT time-window, the carrier reappeared on the exact position where it was supposed to be; right underneath myself.
Because of this (actually unnecsessary) reactivation of the actual time, I lost my complete flight tracking on the geographical map and the total flight track analysis.

My question:
is there a way to keep the carrier alive (visible while cruising) throughout the entire flight, even if you are not overhead the ship or sitting on deck the whole time??
Any help from our carrier operators will be highly appreciated, Amigo

Johan

Re: Rendezvous with moving carriers
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2012, 08:45:37 pm »
Amigo,

-Make sure that your AI traffic settings are set to maximum (100%) for ships (not for planes, eats too much FPS).
-Sometimes AI traffic doesn't show up (planes or ships) , the AI engine in FSX has its own little flaws...A refresh on the clock like you did is a good test, but then you may lose other data unfortunately.
-You may try to use fsx2bmap143, a small utility downloadable from flightsim.com, which actually allows you to see on BingMaps AI traffic, both planes and ships. All AC carriers with live catapults will show in a radius of about 50 nm. It is a great tool.
-Finally, you can build your own AC carrier traffic by using aibtc02.
Good luck,

Johan

Herbie

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 12:32:21 am »
Hello Amigo!
Johan is right! Here is the Sludge Hornet sitting at Vancouver Airport and out at Sea, there are 2 Carrier Fleets. Have a look at the screenshot. Herb

Amigo

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 07:03:37 pm »
Hi Johan and Herbie;
Thanks to both of you for your speedy replies. I answered your posts already earlier today but obviously it didn't go through.
Yes, my traffic settings were at 100%.
I learned from you guys as much as I did from Orion on other posts to change my philosophy and learn more about add-ons, their availability and how to install them. Reading a lot of FSDT posts scared me off a little, when I saw how people got in trouble with their flight simulator operation after installing add-ons improperly. I'm just not (yet) knowledgeable enough to deal with PC malfunctions.
Nevertheless, I'll give it a shot and challenge your suggestions.
Herbie's carrier fleet is impressive and looks more realistic, and I assume the map shown is the very same bing-map suggested by Johan's fsx2bmap 143(?). Johan, what is aibtc02 and where can I find it?
And last but not least, where can I get my hand on the Sludge Hornet???
I really appreciate your help guys. Thanks, Amigo

Johan

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2012, 08:22:49 pm »
Hi Amigo,

Aibtc02 is a very nice boat traffic compiler for AI traffic. Please read all explanations. You should be able to find it through a Google search. That's what was used to build the carrier fleets in the Pacific North West.
The Sludge Hornet should be available in this forum. Look for "Sludge". He is a great contributor to this community among others who have put their skills together to assemble this amazing plane.

Johan

Blizzard59

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2012, 11:10:31 pm »
Amigo,
I am interested in the way you calculated the missions, the carrier race tracks and the exact location of the carrier. Could you share that?
Regards

Amigo

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 12:51:02 am »
Johan;
Thanks again for your time and your info. I sure will check on Google about the mentioned add-ons you suggested. Certainly I wont miss the opportunity to look for Sludge's wonder bird. I have read a lot of good comments about it and I'm eager to see and fly it.
Thanks again and fly safe, Amigo

Blizzard 59;
It will be my pleasure to share with you the data of the carriers I worked out. Give me a little time and I'm getting back to you on this very page.
Best regards, Amigo

Amigo

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 04:11:35 pm »
Blizzard 59;
Sorry, you may have to wait some time for the carrier data to be posted to you because I'm having trouble with one of my FSX machines after an add-on installation yesterday. I will getting back to you probably with a personal message to make sure you will get it right away.
Best regards, Amigo

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2012, 06:12:14 pm »
Amigo...

Just sent you a PM and if you still dont have the Sludge Hornet, let me know and Ill shoot you the links when I get back.

Later
Sludge

Amigo

« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2012, 07:21:47 pm »
Hi Sludge;
It's a pleasure to hear from you. From what I have been reading in FSDT, you became already a legend and I enjoy being around people like you and other professionals who help out the greenhorns.
Yes, your link would be great to have. It will give me the opportunity to fly a bird modified by a person who I think has quite some cockpit experience.
I'm looking forward to hearing from you. Best regards, Amigo

Amigo

« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2012, 09:46:04 pm »
Blizzard 59;
Here are some of the requested data.
On May 17, 2012 our FSDT member Orion passed me the link of the departure and arrival schedule for the FSX carriers:http:/www.simtours.net/defaultaircraftcarrier.php.
The below table shows some of the actual FSX carrier positions.
The positions are based on GMT and Honolulu VORTAC HNL 114.80 by RAD and DME.
The Thursday carrier cruises from Pearl Harbor clockwise around Islands Molokai, Maui, Kahoolawe and Lanai back to Pearl Harbor. The Sunday carrier takes the same routing but anticlockwise.
Thursday carrier:
14:41 carrier cranking up engines
14:45 carrier leaving harbor
16:37 81/41 heading 070
16:55 80/48
17:01 80/53
17:33 77/64
17:58 75/75
18:01 75/76 shortly before turning 123
18:32 78/86 heading 123
18:42 80/90
19:01 81/95
19:33 88/105
19:45 90/110
20:02 90/115
20:31 92/125
20:33 92/126 turning 195
20:48 98/125 heading 195
21:01 99/126
21:15 101/125
21:32 104/125
21:33 105/124 turning 257
21:50 108/117 heading 257
22:38 111/102
23:01 115/94
23:19 119/89 turning 298
00:01 119/70 heading 298
01:04 121/44
02:07 119/17
02:40 150/3 variable
02:44 entering harbor

Enjoy your carrier landings, Amigo

Blizzard59

« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2012, 10:54:07 pm »
Amigo,
Thanks a million :)

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #12 on: July 09, 2012, 08:18:15 am »
Amigo...

If you havent done it already, the download/install link is on the bottom of my SIG. Just click on that Sludge/Combat Hornet Integration LINK, download the SHCHI.EXE program, then run it. It will download the files from SH.com and then install them automatically, including the effects. It will give you Sludge Hornet v1.2 Charlie, with all the mods up to that point. Thatll be a good place to start.

Once you get the hang of that Sludge version and all the systems, then I'll get you LINK for the v1.2 DELTA Test Bird currently in testing/modding phase right now.

Later
Sludge

Amigo

« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2012, 07:33:13 pm »
Hi Sludge;
I really do appreciate your time and your help to get the Sludge-hornet installed. I tried my very best with downloading and installing but sometimes the very best is not good enough. Neither online nor offline methods did work on both of my FSX loaded machines. Both are Windows 7 and one is brand new. Both machines indicate malfunction with installer.
Just last week I installed Orion's suggested aicarrier2r2 add-on and it still works fine, and so do other add-ons I installed just now. Just to see if the installer works properly.
My limited computer knowledge doesn't tell me anything more to solve the problem. May be you or other members reading this post may be able to help.
The hope will die last. Thanks, Amigo

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #14 on: July 10, 2012, 10:41:23 pm »
Amigo...

I'm at work now, but when I get home, I'll be PM'ing you with some instructions and a download link to get the Sludge TestBird 2 (current Test version). You may as well get all the bells/whistles of the TestBird as I'm gonna make a new installer for the Sludge Hornet.

Later
Sludge