Author Topic: CTDProxy.dll Error  (Read 3286 times)

ccourtney

CTDProxy.dll Error
« on: June 15, 2012, 01:58:43 am »
When I boot up FSX I get an error message: CTDProxy.DLL This DLL can only be loaded in the native 32-Bit environment.  It seems to be associated with Coutal.  I have downloaded the latest add-on manager with virus protection off.  My OS is Windows 7 64-Bit.  Any ideas what I have done wrong? 

Thanks,

Chris

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: CTDProxy.dll Error
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 12:18:06 pm »
That .DLL is not part of any of our software, but is part of the Creative audio drivers, which of course any program that use audio will use. You if search google for CTDProxy.dll, you'll find this error can be trigger by any software.

Try to update your audio drivers first.

ccourtney

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2012, 01:56:34 am »
Thanks for the reply.  Interesting, I downloaded OpenAL which seems to have corrupted my Realtek drivers.  After downloading and installing OpenAL all of my audio sounded like a Chipmunks movie.  I'll download the latest drivers and see if that helps.  The reason I assumed it was associated with an FSDT product is because the Python logo pops up when it happens down in my menu bar.       

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, 09:44:20 am »
We use OpenAL for sound, but your drivers shouldn't panic if you install it. Maybe they support OpenAL, but their support is buggy or not complete, so OpenAL applications don't work well.