Author Topic: New Reason to Do Houston IAH  (Read 6419 times)

cowings1588

New Reason to Do Houston IAH
« on: April 27, 2012, 05:04:23 am »
COA9g&index=3&feature=plcp

COA9g&playnext=1

Houston will be revonating there Terminal B South Side.. So another reason in the future to hopefully get FSDT to do Houston IAH.. I'd love to see Houston IAH done by FSDT especially after the real Houston gets done with all these renovations.. They'll have more glass features on there newer additions which I know FSDT loves to show off with your capability of having the glass really shine..  :) 

So hopefully in the future this will give FSDT a reason to finally do Houston George Bush Intercontinental Airport.. Worlds New Largest Hub for the worlds Largest Airline United/Continental Airlines  :)
COA
Bill

flapsup

Re: New Reason to Do Houston IAH
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2012, 06:05:58 am »
+1
That would be awesome to get the FSDT treatment. I also believe the later this year, United will be using the 787 on ETOPS from Houston to Auckland NZAA, which will be the longest etops flight in the world (Source: Flightaware)

cowings1588

« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2012, 05:51:57 pm »
However as much as I want FSDT to do Houston, they should probably wait until all the real renovation is over because I'm sure they'll be alot of changing of gate numbers in so forth at the real one seeing there making an all new facility. This way when the real one is done, this will allow for more accuracy on the part of FSDT making it look not just more real but being correct on the gate numbers & so on.. 
COA
Bill

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 03:08:27 pm »
They've taken a pass on airports like Newark because of their proximity to other airports they've done, like Kennedy.  Why would they change their stance and do Houston?
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

CX 747-400

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 06:26:25 pm »
They've taken a pass on airports like Newark because of their proximity to other airports they've done, like Kennedy.  Why would they change their stance and do Houston?

Bruce, you need to remember that there is a huge difference in distance from Dallas toHouston, compared to JFK and the other new York airports.  Dallas is about 350 miles from Houston. United and american have flights from houston to dallas. I don't think you can say that Jetblue has flights from jfk to Newark.
Jonathan

A part of the Flight Sim world since 1983
-----------------------
MS Windows 10 64bit Home / Intel Kaby Lake i7 @4.2 / ASUS MAX IX Hero Motherboard /Corsair DDR4 16.00G Ram /Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

blackforce

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 08:34:34 am »
252 i drive it alot, no where near 352.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2012, 02:51:23 pm »
Dallas is about 350 miles from Houston. United and american have flights from houston to dallas.

Still too close to expect FSDT to do it, especially since B#######t already has.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

jakey12

« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2012, 08:15:04 pm »
Dallas is about 350 miles from Houston. United and american have flights from houston to dallas.

Still too close to expect FSDT to do it, especially since B#######t already has.
FSDT has made multiple airports in the state of hawaii why cant they have one more airport 7 hours away from dallas.
but i think they should really make Houston hobby airport that would be cool its smaller than IAH but about the size of buffalo the entire airport is pretty much owned by southwest airlines.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2012, 09:19:03 pm »
FSDT has made multiple airports in the state of hawaii why cant they have one more airport 7 hours away from dallas.

Because some developers don't like to infringe on another developer's territory, out of respect.

CX 747-400

• Beta tester
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2012, 01:03:24 am »

Because some developers don't like to infringe on another developer's territory, out of respect.

Bruce,
   You also need to remember that Mr V. has said that FSDT will do any airport they want to, and it doesn't matter who else has done it. To me, Houston would be a great choice for FSDT to do. United's largest hub, and the largest gateway serving south america.
Jonathan

A part of the Flight Sim world since 1983
-----------------------
MS Windows 10 64bit Home / Intel Kaby Lake i7 @4.2 / ASUS MAX IX Hero Motherboard /Corsair DDR4 16.00G Ram /Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2012, 01:20:43 am »
...FSDT will do any airport they want to, and it doesn't matter who else has done it.

He may have said it, but he knows that it does matter.  When any payware developer releases an airport that has already been released elsewhere, he's gambling that his rendition will sell better than the other. The idea is to be the first, and let the other developer take that gamble.