Author Topic: Having a door issue on FSX B738  (Read 5019 times)

PDXMike

Having a door issue on FSX B738
« on: March 17, 2012, 02:50:38 am »
For some reason the door 3 command (shift+E+3) has quit working on my default 737-800.  So I can't cater the aircraft.  It was working a week or so ago, but last few times I've tried to use it, nada!  If I call the catering truck and can't open the doors, then I have to reset coatl to do any thing else in GSX.

I first noticed the problem while flying IYP-VA flights, but I have tried it with the default 737-800 also.

Update!  I tried the A321 and it worked just fine!  So I took a look at the aircraft,cfg files to the A321 and both Boeings. The number exits for the A321 was set to 3 whle the Boeings were set to 2!

I have no idea as to what changed those settings!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Having a door issue on FSX B738
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 10:43:44 am »
Update!  I tried the A321 and it worked just fine!  So I took a look at the aircraft,cfg files to the A321 and both Boeings. The number exits for the A321 was set to 3 whle the Boeings were set to 2! I have no idea as to what changed those settings!

The settings with 2 exits on the 737 and 747 ARE the original FSX settings, which are *wrong*, as they were released by Microsoft. The GSX installer FIXES them, by putting the number to 3 when it runs but, if you have restored the original files, either from a backup you made or some other utility that restored the original aicraft.cfg, you would lose the service door on both airplanes, just like as if you never installed GSX which, as I've said, correct the error when it runs its installer.

Sx-ako

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2012, 01:39:22 pm »
Do you know how can someone add them. I have lost the correct configuration and I would like to be able to add the correct doors as well as other for catering.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2012, 02:54:10 pm »
Do you know how can someone add them. I have lost the correct configuration and I would like to be able to add the correct doors as well as other for catering.

If you lost the default 737 door fix, which was made by the GSX installer, change the following line in the original aircraft.cfg of the 737-800:

number_of_exits=2

INTO THIS

number_of_exits=3