Author Topic: Gates turned to the GSX  (Read 10382 times)

marcellopantoja

Gates turned to the GSX
« on: March 14, 2012, 04:33:33 pm »
We will have the gates of all airports activated? I think what is missing for this wonderful program.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Gates turned to the GSX
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2012, 04:37:23 pm »
If you are saying that GSX will activate static/fake gates from 3rd party sceneries that doen't have animated jetways, then no, we are not planning this right now, because it would require programming jetways for each single airport, and charging for each airport, which we don't want to.

altena

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 11:27:41 am »
Does this mean, that in fact the jetways of all AES supported airports does not work?

Kind regards,
Henk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 11:34:51 am »
Does this mean, that in fact the jetways of all AES supported airports does not work?

I don't see how this is related to AES in any way. As explained, many times already in the forum and in the GSX manual, Jetways will continue to work ( or not ), exactly as they were before.

This means:

- If the scenery it's a default scenery and has jetways, they'll continue to work using CTRL+J with GSX

- If your scenery had an FSX compliant jetway (like all FSDT sceneries, or UK2000 for example) it will continue to work using CTRL+J with GSX

- If your scenery had jetways that moved using non-standard ways, like COM frequencies, it will continue to work with its own method, with GSX

- If your scenery had static jetways, they will remain static with GSX

- If your scenery had moving jetways because it's supported by AES AND you purchased credits for it, it will continue to work that way, with GSX

I think to have covered all the possible cases but, of course, the whole point could have simply explained with:

GSX doesn't CHANGE Jetways operations in any way.

altena

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 02:40:49 pm »
Thanks for the quick answer. What I don't understand, is that if I'm parked at for instance FlightBeam's KSFO (with AES desactivated),and I press the <CTRL> +J keys, the jetways don't move. I guess, they should. I don't think, that it has something to do with GSX, but why don't those jetway move. There are more airports with no moving jetways. However, the command <CTTR> +J is in my FSX control-settings menu. Really don't understand this.
am I doing something wrong?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 02:45:27 pm »
if I'm parked at for instance FlightBeam's KSFO (with AES desactivated),and I press the <CTRL> +J keys, the jetways don't move

That's very simple: that scenery doesn't use FSX jetways so, they are static without AES.

rsm2000e

• B738 Pilot AAL-211 YouTube Channel rsm2000e
    • Visit my YouTube Channel today!
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2012, 08:06:57 am »
I am annoyed that the pay airport at KSFO the gateways no longer move, which they DID before I buy GSX!  So what's going on with that?  I won't use AES since buying GSX.  Can you help us get the jetways moving, do we need to move KSFO up higher in the scenery folders or something?

Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: April 19, 2012, 09:24:47 am »
I am annoyed that the pay airport at KSFO the gateways no longer move, which they DID before I buy GSX!

No, they didn't, since that scenery always had static jetways to begin with, and they only moved with AES, if you purchased credits for it.

As explained, countless of other times already on the forum, and of course the manual too, GSX doesn't change what jetways do in a scenery at all. If they move with CTRL+J, they'll continue to do so with GSX, and if they don't, they will not start moving thanks to GSX.

Plexi1

• FS-Flightcrew.de
« Reply #8 on: April 19, 2012, 02:43:42 pm »
KSFO jetway never moved without AES credits. You can find that information in the Flightbeam forums.

I have KSFO and I donĀ“t have AES and they never moved here, so this is absolutely correct and has nothing to do with GSX