Author Topic: PHKO ILS Problems  (Read 4239 times)

ESzczesniak

PHKO ILS Problems
« on: March 05, 2012, 10:51:00 pm »
I've been exploring the Hawaiian islands a bit more recently looking for some nice short turn flights for the PMDG 737NGX (and possible FS2Crew soon).  I have all the FSDT Hawaii airports, but had never flown in to PHKO before.  When flying the ILS 17 approach, I found the ILS directed me towards the runway extension 1,500-2,000' short of the TDZ start.  Interestingly enough, the PMDG HGS guidance (not the ILS itself, the circle to mark where your flight path should be) was pointing me more distant on the runway somewhere around the TDZ start.  Has anyone experience this other than me and is there a way to fix it?  I am not aware of any other AFCADs I'd have laying around for PHKO as I've never installed any other scenery.  That was about the only thing I could think of.

Also, I was flying out on the DP and found that the KOA VOR used was not present in FSX.  Am I doing something wrong here?  I know the FSX navigation database is outdated, but VORs have rarely been the issue.

Thanks for any help.

johndrago

Re: PHKO ILS Problems
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2012, 12:05:14 am »
I've been exploring the Hawaiian islands a bit more recently looking for some nice short turn flights for the PMDG 737NGX (and possible FS2Crew soon).  I have all the FSDT Hawaii airports, but had never flown in to PHKO before.  When flying the ILS 17 approach, I found the ILS directed me towards the runway extension 1,500-2,000' short of the TDZ start.  Interestingly enough, the PMDG HGS guidance (not the ILS itself, the circle to mark where your flight path should be) was pointing me more distant on the runway somewhere around the TDZ start.  Has anyone experience this other than me and is there a way to fix it?  I am not aware of any other AFCADs I'd have laying around for PHKO as I've never installed any other scenery.  That was about the only thing I could think of.

Also, I was flying out on the DP and found that the KOA VOR used was not present in FSX.  Am I doing something wrong here?  I know the FSX navigation database is outdated, but VORs have rarely been the issue.

Thanks for any help.

I've flown to PHKO numerous times in the LDS 767, and have never had a problem with the ILS on 17.  I do have the NGX, but have not flown it within the islands yet.

-John

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: PHKO ILS Problems
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2012, 10:04:34 am »
I've checked the scenery AFCAD and it's all fine, glide and localizers are placed correctly, so it's surely another AFCAD in conflict.