Author Topic: KLAX Gate 6 Jetway Issue - RESOLVED  (Read 4967 times)

XCLTM3

KLAX Gate 6 Jetway Issue - RESOLVED
« on: February 21, 2012, 12:46:26 pm »
Hi Umberto,

just to report an issue with Gate 6 Terminal 1 at KLAX.

When flying the PMDG 737 NGX 800WL  - when pulling into the parking position (aligned correctly with the line markings & Marshaller directives), once you shut down, engage park brakes and call the jetway over, the jetway actually pulls up appr 3 metres away and short from the actual NGX front doorway. It ends up closer to the wing exit door but about 3 metres from the actual aircraft. So far, I've used most of the other parking positions in Term 1 (Southwest Airlines) but this one has this specific problem.

PS: I posted a problem with KLAS taxiway lights over a week ago but no response? I understand you're pretty busy with GSX, but I need your action/suggestion.

Thanks and Regards,
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 09:23:03 pm by XCLTM3 »
Latebra Factum, Tertia Optio

Angelo

Re: KLAX Gate 6 Jetway Issue
« Reply #1 on: February 29, 2012, 01:23:54 am »
If you are not using AES then, FSDT does not control the default jetway in any way. It is strictly FSX related and maybe be a door position coordinate in the aircraft file. An intelliscene file from AES may correct the problem but it is no guarantee. You do not need to own the AES program in order to get the intelliscene file.

Angelo

XCLTM3

« Reply #2 on: February 29, 2012, 04:03:07 am »
If you are not using AES then, FSDT does not control the default jetway in any way. It is strictly FSX related and maybe be a door position coordinate in the aircraft file. An intelliscene file from AES may correct the problem but it is no guarantee. You do not need to own the AES program in order to get the intelliscene file.

Angelo

Thank you for the reply Angelo.

Can I ask from a logic standpoint, why is it that this problem is only with this particular gate at KLAX? So far, I've tested with other gates at the same terminal and no problem. My thinking is that it cannot be the aircraft file because that would mean that this problem would occur at every other gate at KLAX. Is this incorrect?

PS: Don't have AES (GSX only).

Rgds,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 29, 2012, 01:45:41 pm »
It's likely the problem is the jetway is a bit far from the parking center on that specific parking spot, so FSX can't attach it to the airplane door.

XCLTM3

« Reply #4 on: February 29, 2012, 09:22:39 pm »
It's likely the problem is the jetway is a bit far from the parking center on that specific parking spot, so FSX can't attach it to the airplane door.

Roger that Umberto, thanks for the reply.

Rgds,