Author Topic: Can't get enough of the detail!!!!!  (Read 9848 times)

WilliamJSS

Can't get enough of the detail!!!!!
« on: February 21, 2012, 08:34:16 am »
Man, the more I use this airport, the more detail, and little places I find!

Hope you enjoy!

Lawgiver

Re: Can't get enough of the detail!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2012, 06:26:17 am »
KLAX ??

Rob

Deltalpha

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2012, 07:59:08 am »

WilliamJSS

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2012, 09:20:27 am »
Ya. I have to admit, I was not prepared for what I bought. It is unreal...no offense, but it makes FlyTampas stuff look seriously dated, but the frames are actually better than some of my default airports...I just don't understand it....

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2012, 01:47:35 pm »
Ya. I have to admit, I was not prepared for what I bought. It is unreal...no offense, but it makes FlyTampas stuff look seriously dated, but the frames are actually better than some of my default airports...I just don't understand it....

That's because KLAX is entirely native FSX code, there isn't a single instruction of FS8/9 code, which forces the graphic engine to take a different path. And, fact it uses 4-5 large 4096x4096 textures instead of 80-90 1024x1024, also helps, because we used the larger size to minimize rendering state changes with less textures at the same overall resolution.

And, fact we use shaders to do ground, means we can put the video card to do more work for us ( FSX doesn't really use it so much ), so we can have fully custom ground, sharp appearance, realistic materials, without having to use any FS8 ground polygons, which can be really slow, especially with large airports.

Of course, none of this could be done without a bit of help from the Addon Manager, otherwise the ground would flicker horribly, if it was "just" a .BGL

Now, the interesting bit is: what could we do with the next airport (CYVR) to make *KLAX* look "dated" ? Maybe we found a way...:)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2012, 10:14:36 pm by virtuali »

WilliamJSS

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2012, 06:28:02 pm »
Well, GSX and KLAX were my first purchase from you guys, and I have to say, you made a loyal customer. Can't wait for the next one....KLAX to CYVR sounds like a good flight to me...

Lawgiver

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 07:21:47 am »
Well, GSX and KLAX were my first purchase from you guys, and I have to say, you made a loyal customer. Can't wait for the next one....KLAX to CYVR sounds like a good flight to me...

GSX was my first purchase. To say I am impressed would be an understatement.  The quality and support have been "unreal".  I want to pick up KLAX or KLAS.  Haven't made up my mind yet.  I know what you mean about Fly Tampa.  Don't want to knock them either.  "Dated" is a good word.  I have a couple of their titles one of my favorites being Princess Juliana (TNCM).  I can only imagine what FSDT could do with Juliana.

Rob

FlyNext

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2012, 05:11:05 pm »
@virt

When you make KLAX outdated i swear i kill myself  :(

WilliamJSS

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2012, 08:26:36 pm »
When they make KLAX outdated....I swear it will be in another future game. There just is no way possible to get a airport looking better....

You saw the screenshot I took of the engine down looking at the ground. Holy crap....looks like rain could actually collect in those groves.

New games like BF3 and Crysis 2 don't have as much detail.

haztronic

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, 01:22:03 am »
I agree that frames are great in FSDT sceneries but on approach they drop a little but its to be expected especially in the NGX. But I am running at 4.6Ghz

psykie

« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2012, 07:59:00 pm »
William

Great shots of LAX.  I have been having such a hard time importing Fed-Ex into FSX.  Is that your PMDG Fed-Ex or do you have cflight plans and aircraft that you imported? 

Matthew
Matthew
i7-4770K3.5Ghz OC 4.5Ghz on a Z87-Pro ASUS MOBO, with a 240GB SSD for FSX only, 16gb/2400 Vengence DDR-3, Nividia GeForce GTX 780, on Win 7, 64 bit operating system.

WilliamJSS

« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2012, 10:47:35 pm »
That is the PMDG MD-11 with the McPhat payware paint for it. Pack number 2 I thing...it also have Martin Air, and UPS and a couple others.
I am a part fedexvac.org so I use this 99.9% of the flights I make, the other is just GA stuff....usually around KLAX..lol

kopykopykopy

« Reply #12 on: May 08, 2012, 01:00:44 pm »
Gonna have to pick up that McPhat texture!  Airport looks even better than it does in the FSDT screenshots...dang!

kalib

« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2012, 08:24:13 pm »
Love the last one!..my fav  :)

WilliamJSS

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2012, 03:46:14 am »
Thanks!
I am still trying to get the McPhat lighting correct for the front most lights...seem a little off to me. Also, one real downside of it is I cant seem to keep the light out of the cockpit once turned on. Its like the flood light turns on.