Author Topic: Help please gsx pain kit  (Read 3259 times)

meds60

Help please gsx pain kit
« on: February 20, 2012, 04:09:16 am »
About a week ago I got an up date saying Frontier should be working the gates at KDEN but its still United I downloaded the paintkit but can not find where it downloaded on my computer just the documentation on hiw to use it.Can some one please help me out here? Also is possible to assign what ground crew you use per gate? I would like to fly in to dfw and use Frontier ground crew and not AA since Frontier actually has there own ground crew there and its not contracted out.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Help please gsx pain kit
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 10:39:35 am »
The PaintKit documentation can't be easier to find: its installer adds an Fsdreamteam icon in the Windows start button, with just one entry: the PaintKit documentation.

Once you'll read it, you'll understand why you might not see Frontier at KDEN: the operator IS set correctly, with 4 letters ICAO, so it has 4 points, just like United, which also has 4 points so, the selection would then depend on the airline parking code in the airport AFCAD, the ones with a matching airline code will get an additional 0.5 points, and the one with the highest score will be assigned.

Which means, on a parking with an UAL airline code but no FFT, United will *always* win against Frontier 4.5 to 4. On parking with only FFT code, Frontier will always win, and on a parking when both codes are listed, the selection will be again random.

On default airports, which don't use airline codes at all, a selection will always be random, since they both have 4 points.

In any case, all of this was already explained in the PaintKit documentation.

meds60

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2012, 11:42:26 pm »
I understand the KDEN issue I just want to know where the paintkit program is installed so I can do some of my own repaints. I found the documentation just not the .exe file to actually run the paintkit program.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2012, 02:24:49 pm »
There's no paint kit "program", why you think there would be one ? Nowhere we mentioned a Paint Kit program, the Paint Kit is just a bunch of objects folders, and a documentation.

Of course, if you *read* the documentation, it would have been apparent why a paint kit program is not needed.