Author Topic: FedEx cargo for KLAX?  (Read 6651 times)

WilliamJSS

FedEx cargo for KLAX?
« on: February 17, 2012, 02:46:44 am »
Before the update comes out that labels the parking, does anyone know the selection for the Cargo area for FedEx is at KLAX? I fly for FedExVac, and while it is not mandatory for use to start from a certain parking ramp, I would like to do it because no other reason than I am OCD.  ;)

I have tried to load up and each one, but I can only get to like 10 reloads before my computer gets to the point of crashing. Any help if able would be great.

Thanks guys!

WilliamJSS

Re: FedEx cargo for KLAX?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 10:12:04 pm »
Nobody?

Maybe one of the developers would be able to point me in the right direction?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2012, 10:17:50 pm »
The map that comes with the scenery lists the cargo area as ICC (Imperial Cargo Complex), and if you install GSX, which is free to use at our airports, it will also indicated it like that in its parking selection menu, so you can see which FSX parking names are assigned to it.

caffman263

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2012, 03:40:58 am »
FDX doesn't actually park at the ICC, they park just West of it. On the AFCAD (opened with ADE) the actual FDX spots are Cargo Ramp spots 26 through 31.

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/2017/laxade.jpg
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 09:52:49 am by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2012, 10:03:16 am »
First, you are kindly asked to post screenshots according to the Screenshots posting rules here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3076.0

Especially if your images is fairly large.

In any case, I can see FDX parking codes in the ICC area too with the AFCAD supplied with KLAX, in parkings from 32 to 37. Whether this is entirely realistic or not, it's another matter, but surely one would be able to find Fedex airplanes parked there, at least in the scenery.

All parkings from 26 to 37 are grouped as ICC in the GSX menu anyway, since I couldn't find a better name for the area west of it.

WilliamJSS

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2012, 07:32:13 pm »
Thank you guys...and for the help. You pointed me in the right direction. Some of the spots are smaller, but still used by FedEx from photos I was able to dig up, along with the PDF that you pointed me to.

I found that Ramp-Cargo 26-29 will accommodate a MD-11 to the point that GSX likes! Thanks again!

caffman263

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2012, 09:52:58 pm »
Sorry about that, and yes I was referring to where they park in reality. They have their own building outside the ICC, while the ICC is used by various other operators as well as the cargo areas farther west.