Author Topic: Follow Me Vehicle Error  (Read 7101 times)

Lawgiver

Follow Me Vehicle Error
« on: February 14, 2012, 06:49:33 pm »
Hi Umberto,

I have an issue with the follow me vehicles.  When I am approaching my assigned parking spot with the follow me vehicle, it will stop, turn around and drive right through me on its way out of the parking area.  This occurs when my aircraft is approaching the parking "T" or the point at which GSX wants me to stop and shut down.  The vehicle will drive down the taxi markings, stop in front of the marshaller, upon my approach, turn around in front of me and drive right through the aircraft on its way out of the parking area following the taxi lanes. Also, if I am not taxiing fast enough approaching the parking spot, the vehicle will return, driving right through the aircraft from the rear, stopping in front of me.   It will pause for a few seconds and drive out again going through the aircraft on its way out of the parking area.  Results are the same with any aircraft selected default or 3rd party.  I use default airports in FSX.  I have one 3rd party airport I have purchased with the same results.  Just wondering if this in normal for GSX??  I have searched the forums and have not found another posting which mentions this.

Regards,
Rob   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Follow Me Vehicle Error
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 08:27:22 pm »
Please make an example that we can test of an airport used, airplane used and parking selected.

Lawgiver

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 10:24:24 am »
Hi Umberto,

Thanks for the fast reply.  I have tried several different default airports with various parking assignments and aircraft.  (Freeware, default, and payware) all with the same results with one exception being KDTW.  I normally fly out of my home airport of Akron/Canton KCAK.  When I purchased GSX, I wanted to try it right away.  I selected KCAK and spawned on an active runway with the default CRJ-700.  I pulled off on a taxiway and called up the GSX menu selecting gate G-4 with a follow me vehicle.   Upon approaching the parking T, the vehicle turned and drove through the A/C.  It's been that way since day one.  I have included some screen shots to show you what is going on.  These are of the default 737 approaching parking spot #7 at KCAK on the far side of the field away from the terminal.  On a side note, the last shot is of the push-back from spot 7.  The air stairs failed to retract and return to their position.  Thats new, never happened before.  I don't know if that means anything or not.  Now for KDTW.  Today, I flew from KCAK to KDTW with the Captain Sim 727-200.  Upon landing, I allowed FSX to assign a gate for parking.  I called up GSX and chose the same gate (A-88) with a follow me vehicle.  Approaching the parking T at A-88 the vehicle turned and I expected the usual.  Instead of driving through the A/C, the vehicle drove up to the nose of the A/C, turned quickly, drove back down the taxi marking and parked next to the baggage cart.  It sat there until engine shutdown at which point, it just disappeared.  Is that what it is actually supposed to do ??  Thats new as well, never happened before.  I don't know, I think GSX has a mind of its own and is just toying with me.  I am running version 1.1 on a vista 32 bit system.  Quad core with 3 gigs of RAM. NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GS.  Thanks for your time.  I appreciate it.

Regards,
Rob

flapsup

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 12:50:25 pm »
Please make an example that we can test of an airport used, airplane used and parking selected.
Here is one for you Umberto:
AS EDDP GAP 2- 2012
Gate 130
NGX 800 WL
AES in use for Jetway only. GSX Marsheler diabled. rest of GSX options enabled. Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 12:52:16 pm by flapsup »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 05:24:19 pm »
We tried the approach at KCAK, Parking 7, and I believe to have understood what happened to you:

First, the parking tee in the default scenery doesn't look right: if you put the airplane front wheel on it, it will be too far behind the AFCAD parking center, which is where the GSX marshaller expect you to stop.

So, you probably stopped on the tee, but you were supposed to stop further ahead, and the Follow Me thought you were "lost", and reached for you.

We are changing the algorithm to disable this function when you are already in sight of the parking and the marshaller has made the "Identify Gate" gesture.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 06:34:01 pm »
A Live update that should hopefully fix your problem is online now. We also made the Follow Me vehicle a bit easier to follow, with a wider turning radius on the taxiways.

Lawgiver

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2012, 07:28:18 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Thanks again for the fast reply.  Your answer is very interesting.  I was actually going to ask about the parking/AFCAD issue on another thread.  I have noticed that GSX always parks me well beyond the "T".  I have found this at several airports.  Even at KDTW with the CS 727, I was still beyond the "T" at A-88.  I follow the marshaller as I am usually in "VC" mode.  After I recieve the engine shut down signal, I switch to an external view and back up to the "T" so I can use the jetway if available, or just to make it look right instead of having the nose-wheel in the grass.  By that time, the follow me vehicle has done its thing so to speak, and is out of the way.  Just about every parking/gate at KCAK is like this.  Since using GSX, I have found only one airport where I was actually parked on the "T" That was KLCK with a 747.  I was curious how GSX serviced the heavy jets.  I thought I remember reading in a post you can adjust the AFCAD to align the center of the parking spot so the nose wheel stops on the "T"  Could your AFCAD editor include this feature, or is this something that requires some serious tweaking to align the center properly.  I personally, have never messed around with AFCADS.  It was always something I was curious to learn about.  As far as the "follow me" thinking I am lost, that actually makes sense to me.  I am now watching from an external view when approaching a parking spot/gate so I can see what the vehicle exactly does.  As soon as it drives through the length of whatever A/C I am using, it instantly turns 180 degrees and drives back down to the parking "T" where it sits until I get close enough then parks itself next to the baggage cart.  It only does this one time.  I have never had it drive through me a second time.  Thanks for making the change to the software. I was just notified of your "live update post" as I was typing this.  I will grab the update and let you know the results.  On a side note, I was curious on what the proper behavior was  for the follow me vehicle.  Is it actually supposed to park next to the baggage cart and then disappear when you shut down the engines instead of driving off somewhere.  Just wanted to make sure that part of the software was working correctly.  Thanks again for your time Umberto, I am grateful.   

Regards,
Rob

Lawgiver

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2012, 10:16:51 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Got the update for the follow me vehicle.  I took the day and tested it with just about everything I currently have and it worked flawlessly.  What an improvement !!  I even tried it with a freeware Constellation from "Team L1049"  which is one of my favorites, and it worked with out a hitch !!  Two issues have come up that weren't present before the update I wanted to make you aware of.  First, is a push back issue with the Captain Sim 727-200.  The tug attaches to the nose wheel basically at its front bumper so to speak.  The tow bar goes through the nose wheel of the AC.  I have included screens below.  I have tested my other Capt. Sim products and all is well.  The 727-100 works fine as well.  The issue seems to be with the 727-200 only.  It is also not airport specific.  I have tried several airports with the same results.  However, the screens are of parking #1, and #17 at KCAK.  The second is with parking at spot #11/ramp cargo at KCLE.  Catering vehicles are now driving through the wings of the AC and go past the AC through buildings, spinning around (360 degrees) and coming back to the AC.  Baggage carts are doing the same as well.  Just about anything that services the right side of the AC is having some issues.  Any AC chosen gets the same results.  I have tried several different aircraft freeware, payware, as well as default.  The screens are of the Captain Sim 767 and the default 737.  These issues were not present prior to the install of the follow me vehicle update.  If you need any additional info or screen shots, let me know.

Regards,
Rob
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 10:22:17 pm by Lawgiver »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2012, 10:33:40 pm »
The problem with the 727-200 nose gear position has been fixed, will appear in Live Update soon.

I can't see any problems with Parking 17 at KCAK, and I don't have any cargo parking spot, with the default scenery so I guess you use an addon scenery with its own AFCAD ? If it's freeware, were I can test it ?

Lawgiver

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2012, 10:58:32 pm »
Hi Umberto,

No problems with the parking at KCAK.  I only wanted to provide you with the parking to give you as much info as possible on where I was at when I took the screens.  Parking #11 is at KCLE.  I do use Aerosoft cities Cleveland X.  I did check with them and was told they did not modify the airport (KCLE), only its surroundings and Downtown Cleveland.  I apologize for not mentioning that.  Since I was told they did not modify the airport, I did not think it was worth mentioning.  If aerosoft did not modify KCLE, there should be a spot #11 with the default scenery.  If need be, I can uninstall Aerosoft to verify.  I have used this parking spot #11 at KCLE prior to the last update with no issues.   

Regards,
Rob

Lawgiver

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2012, 08:33:43 pm »
Hi Umberto,

I deselected the Downtown Cleveland scenery (Aerosoft) from the scenery library.  The catering vehicles and baggage tug behave as they should.  I dont get it.  If US Cities X Cleveland did not change the default airport (KCLE) to begin with.  How would not using the scenery change the way GSX operates??  The only issue now with parking #11 at KCLE is still the follow me vehicle.  It will park on the Tee until you get very close.  You are unable to see the marshaller.  When the vehicle does move, it drives right over the marshaller.  Any ideas??     

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2012, 08:57:54 pm »
If US Cities X Cleveland did not change the default airport (KCLE) to begin with.  How would not using the scenery change the way GSX operates?? 

Because it apparently changes it. Maybe just with an AFCAD, but that's the only possible explanation.

Lawgiver

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2012, 08:46:11 am »
Hi Umberto,

Been advised of a possible fix from Aerosoft.  I will check it out and post the results just in case anyone else fly's out of the KCLE area and uses the downtown scenery package.  Any ideas on why the follow me vehicle drives over the marshaller at KCLE/parking #11 using the default scenery??

Regards,
Rob

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2012, 01:22:50 pm »
If it's happening only at that parking position, you can try using the parking customization option to change the Max marshaller distance. Maybe that will fix it.

Lawgiver

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2012, 06:02:58 am »
Hi Umberto,

Moving the marshaller back worked just fine.  So far, spot #11 at KCLE is the only incident of the vehicle driving over the marshaller that I have found.  Thanks for your time and the great customer service.  GSX is my first FSDT purchase.  I am very impressed with the quality of the add-on, and the level of support.  Wishing now I would have taken advantage of the discount that was offered on another FSDT title when I purchased GSX.  Thanks again for your time.  I appreciate it.

Regards,
Rob