Author Topic: List of supported airplanes in GSX  (Read 350179 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: List of supported airplanes in GSX
« Reply #120 on: April 14, 2012, 11:54:44 pm »
Are there any thoughts about adding all the Thomas Ruth Airbuses in the nearby future?

Is this airplane using non-standard doors commands ? If it doesn't, you can add it yourself using the GSX Aircraft Editor.

fipsi

« Reply #121 on: April 15, 2012, 01:52:59 am »
But I actually didn't purchase this product to have to do some edits myself. I mean, why can't you just continue adding planes to the database?
Ok, there has been created a corner in the GSX support forum for offering finish edited plane files, but there're only two posts yet and, weirdly, when comparing the activities in this forum, then there haven't been any new posts for a quite a long time.

Beyond, AES has got an option to modify airplanes' doors assignment, but people who don't want to have a lot of work are able to download such completed files.

I neither used AES in the past nor will I use it in the future, but it had to be mentioned though!

bkwood20

« Reply #122 on: April 15, 2012, 05:44:12 pm »
What about Overland Airbus package? Thanks

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #123 on: April 15, 2012, 06:12:01 pm »
..why can't you just continue adding planes to the database?

They probably will continue adding the most popular aircraft, but they can't possibly catch every single one.  At least there is a database, AES only supports defaults.  You have to configure everything else yourself.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

thomas888b

• Fly UK
« Reply #124 on: April 15, 2012, 06:33:39 pm »
Would abacus Airbus package be possible?how about the default FSX 747?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #125 on: April 15, 2012, 06:39:08 pm »
how about the default FSX 747?

All default airplanes are supported already.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #126 on: April 15, 2012, 06:50:36 pm »
But I actually didn't purchase this product to have to do some edits myself. I mean, why can't you just continue adding planes to the database?

Since it's so easy to do, our time would be better spent adding new *features* to GSX, rather than chasing thousands of freeware airplanes.

What makes sense to add, is airplanes using non-standard commands to handle doors, we would rather identify and support those types, rather than simple models using all standard commands that would only need to tweak measurements.

Ok, there has been created a corner in the GSX support forum for offering finish edited plane files, but there're only two posts yet and, weirdly, when comparing the activities in this forum, then there haven't been any new posts for a quite a long time.

The section was added 10 days ago only so, I wouldn't call that a "long time". That area will surely become more lively after we'll complete the scenery editor. And, the airplane editor will become interactive and graphic at some stage, so easier to use, hopefully people will share more.

Beyond, AES has got an option to modify airplanes' doors assignment, but people who don't want to have a lot of work are able to download such completed files.

GSX has such option too, it has a comprensive internal database of the most popular commercial airplanes, and it reads AES files as well.

However, that's not the point: it's not that you can't use GSX if an airplane is not recognized. GSX WILL work with an unrecognized airplane, because it WILL take the door locations and the pushback point from both the aircraft.cfg and the simconnect data. It's just they might not be perfect, because the doors coordinates as needed for the jetways don't have to be as precise as the one needed by GSX, but they are a reasonable starting point that shouldn't need many adjustments.

thomas888b

• Fly UK
« Reply #127 on: April 15, 2012, 07:20:51 pm »
how about the default FSX 747?

All default airplanes are supported already.

Ok, just wondering, the default 747, when opening door 1, 3 doors open, I get 2 staircases.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #128 on: April 15, 2012, 07:29:40 pm »
Ok, just wondering, the default 747, when opening door 1, 3 doors open, I get 2 staircases.

Are you sure ? With the default 747, if I open the door 1, 2 doors open and 3 staircase appear. To open the other doors on the left side, you need to open the door 3 (service) which opens *all* the remaining doors on left and right side.

thomas888b

• Fly UK
« Reply #129 on: April 15, 2012, 07:35:23 pm »
Yes, just going to try it out whilst testing EDDH

- worked this time!
- 3 staircases, front two doors opened.

Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #130 on: April 15, 2012, 07:43:46 pm »
Again, which airport (ok, EDDH, which scenery, default or 3rd party ) ?

As I've said (I've just tested it now), with the default 747, if I open the door 1, 2 doors open and 3 staircase appear. To open the other doors on the left side, you need to open the door 3 (service) which opens *all* the remaining doors on left and right side.

The reason why I doubt you are seeing exactly what you described it's because (forgetting the staircases for a moment), it's just not possible you would have 3 doors opening when opening the Exit 1 with the default 747, as you described.

Only the first 2 are linked to the Exit 1 in the default 747, and this doesn't have anything to do with GSX, it's how the default 747 model is made, it would be like this regardless if GSX is installed or not, since GSX doesn't control the airplane doors at all, only the airplane model ( and its gauges) itself can do this.

thomas888b

• Fly UK
« Reply #131 on: April 15, 2012, 07:45:56 pm »
I'm sorry, see above, last time this happened, I only got two staircases, and have mistaken the rear door, not sure why it is 3? Maybe cleaners could board there in the future? Thanks for all your help, and sorry for the trouble. Btw, freeware EDDH

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #132 on: April 15, 2012, 07:57:46 pm »
I only got two staircases, and have mistaken the rear door, not sure why it is 3? Maybe cleaners could board there in the future?

On a parking without a jetway, I can see all the 3 stairs just fine, are you sure you haven't customized either the scenery or the airplane to exclude the rear stairs ?

About why the rearmost passenger door animation is linked to the service exit (Exit 3) that would be more a question for Microsoft that made the default 747 that way...

fipsi

« Reply #133 on: April 15, 2012, 08:00:56 pm »
However, that's not the point: it's not that you can't use GSX if an airplane is not recognized. GSX WILL work with an unrecognized airplane, because it WILL take the door locations and the pushback point from both the aircraft.cfg and the simconnect data. It's just they might not be perfect, because the doors coordinates as needed for the jetways don't have to be as precise as the one needed by GSX, but they are a reasonable starting point that shouldn't need many adjustments.

Unfortunately, it doesn't work at all, I guess, with saying that the vehicles might not be 100% precise at the doors you still mean that they're quite close to the doors, but this doesn't fit with Thomas Ruth's Airbuses, no single vehicle is close to its supposed door.

I tried out the editor but, for instance, the cargo door 2 from the A346 doesn't even have coordinates which got shown up in the menu.  

thomas888b

• Fly UK
« Reply #134 on: April 15, 2012, 08:31:57 pm »
No, you misunderstand, I'm not sure why there are three staircases. Only two doors open.

On another note:

Does AES configure the CFG file, I want to edit the doors on one plane, however, I'm not sure how to do it just editing the CFG using GSX's method.