Author Topic: GSX/AES  (Read 25521 times)

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: GSX/AES
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2012, 06:05:45 pm »
There aren't any issues, James.  All we need is for Oliver to set up AES like GSX, nothing happens until you request services, except maybe the jetway.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

suavi.akar

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2012, 09:08:31 pm »
Everyone,

Just a suggestion:
One thing I would like to mention to you guys, since Mr. Pabst has made several underlining changes to his product, is that NONE of you are mention the version of AES you are using; assuming that you all are NOT using the latest one of course ... but, if you are using the current version (AES v2.21 as of Feb. 2nd '2012) then you might want to indicate it in order to help both FSDT and Aerosoft to co-ordinate their efforts, since both products are going to go through a series of changes in the next few months to address these issues.

I have both products, as well, and will have the same issues as most of you.
I'm using AES v2.21 as of today (Feb. 2nd '2012).

Thank you for your attention.

Good suggestion, I use AES 2.21. To make the picture complete, the aircraft in the test is pmdg ngx.

Suavi

data63

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2012, 02:00:52 pm »
Hi!

i'like to revive the thread 'cause I've got a problem in the "cooperation" between AES and GSX. :'(
I used the option to set all exits in the intelliscene File to off (except main passenger door).
Parked the aircraft (iFly 737-800) and AES (V.2.21) Jetway docks.
After calling GSX Services (deboarding/luggage or catering) the respective vehicles pop up and vanish - but the service seems to be carried out.
It looks as if AES puts an exclude around an aircraft serviced by it.

any suggestions?

Happy Landings

Juergen

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2012, 02:39:11 pm »

Pete Dowson did that with his latest version of FSUIPC4, it excludes all default vehicles when used in conjunction with AES, and it sees GSX vehicles as default so it excludes them.  Pete is aware of the issue and is fixing it for the next version.  Might already be released.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Pete Dowson

• Beta tester
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2012, 03:07:30 pm »

Pete Dowson did that with his latest version of FSUIPC4, it excludes all default vehicles when used in conjunction with AES, and it sees GSX vehicles as default so it excludes them.  Pete is aware of the issue and is fixing it for the next version.  Might already be released.

I released a version which made an exception for GSX vehicles as soon as it was reported, just a couple of days after the GSX release!

The only currently supported versions, 4.80 or later, certainly do not delete GSX vehicles, only defaults. (And in any case even in earlier versions it only occurs at AES-supported airports and could be switched off by a documented INI file parameter).

Pete
« Last Edit: February 18, 2012, 04:51:16 pm by Pete Dowson »

data63

« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2012, 03:37:09 pm »
Thanks to you both - that fixed it  :)

now I remember to have read about that feature of FSUIPC - but it seems to have evaded my mind (I'm getting old...)

Is there anything in FSX/FS9 where FSUIPC has no solution? - one of the best pieces of Adoon I ever bought!

Happy landings

Juergen

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2012, 06:51:26 pm »
I released a version which made an exception for GSX vehicles as soon as it was reported, just a couple of days after the GSX release!

Well, it might have been helpful if you informed about this here, as soon it was released, since it is GSX-related.

Pete Dowson

• Beta tester
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2012, 01:58:37 am »

Well, it might have been helpful if you informed about this here, as soon it was released, since it is GSX-related.

But you already knew about this! See this post!

Re: GSX Vehicles not showing
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2012, 11:27:36 AM »
   Reply with quoteQuote
I bet you use AES and the latest FSUIPC, which removes all ground vehicles from a parking. There's a way to prevent this, until the next version of FSUIPC will recognize GSX vehicles, and will not remove them:

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/361500-aerosoft-aes-vs-fsdreamteam-gsx/page__view__findpost__p__2247142

Support for FSUIPC and new versions for FSUIPC are provided in my Support forum. And the currently supported versions of FSUIPC make a special case for GSX vehicles.

Pete

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2012, 10:09:55 am »
But you already knew about this! See this post!

That post simply shows that I knew you were *working* on a version that didn't remove GSX vehicles, not that I knew it was already out.

Support for FSUIPC and new versions for FSUIPC are provided in my Support forum. And the currently supported versions of FSUIPC make a special case for GSX vehicles.

Fair enough but, since GSX doesn't require FSUIPC, not us nor GSX users should be expected to check the FSUIPC regularly, it might have been helpful if you announced it here as well.

Pete Dowson

• Beta tester
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2012, 11:02:37 am »
Fair enough but, since GSX doesn't require FSUIPC, not us nor GSX users should be expected to check the FSUIPC regularly, it might have been helpful if you announced it here as well.

Your users were already helped by you pointing to the 'fix' for the earlier version, by a simple change of a "yes" to a "No" in one line of the INI.

I am often the first line of support for innumerable other FS add-ons because FSUIPC is present in so many systems and so becomes the first suspect when a problem arises. As a consequence I have enough to do without posting changes I make on all the support forums for all the add-ons which may possibly be affected.  I try my utmost to help folks with all sorts of problems, I don't need additional hassle thank you very much.

Regards
Pete

WebMaximus

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2012, 11:18:59 am »
I'm with you on this one Pete, what you've done for the FS community throughout the years is unmatched!
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2012, 11:23:17 am »
I try my utmost to help folks with all sorts of problems, I don't need additional hassle thank you very much.

But it was you that were complaining that I should have known the version that doesn't remove GSX vehicles was already out!

The above is exactly my point: since I ALSO try my utmost to help folks with all sorts of problems *here*, I can't possibly know of all the updates for FSUIPC (a product we don't require), which is why you shouldn't have complained about me being outdated on its most current status.

WebMaximus

« Reply #27 on: February 19, 2012, 11:55:34 am »
I suggest you guys shake hands  ;) You are both giving the FS community great stuff and I for one is very grateful for that, for me as I'm sure for many other FS is not a game but more of a real hobby and it wouldn't be if it wasn't for guys like you!
Richard Åsberg

Andrew737

« Reply #28 on: February 19, 2012, 12:54:04 pm »
Insert Quote
I suggest you guys shake hands   You are both giving the FS community great stuff and I for one is very grateful for that, for me as I'm sure for many other FS is not a game but more of a real hobby and it wouldn't be if it wasn't for guys like you!

I agree 100 % Well Said
Regards Andrew

Pete Dowson

• Beta tester
« Reply #29 on: February 19, 2012, 01:31:07 pm »
But it was you that were complaining that I should have known the version that doesn't remove GSX vehicles was already out!

No I did not. I merely spotted the post from Mr. Hamilton who was concerned, so I posted the information for him, trying to be helpful. It was you who then butted in and started mithering me! When you implied you didn't know, I pointed out your other post showing you did, that was all. I was not complaining, unlike you!

Anyway, I'm out of here now. I obvioudly shouldn't have tried to help your users here. :-(

Pete