Author Topic: esellerrate failure  (Read 4283 times)

timmo73

esellerrate failure
« on: January 03, 2012, 01:48:08 pm »
I've got the registration serials and now I have to go through all this activation key stuff and I keep getting esellerate failure.  I got a new pc.  I'm just frustrated right now as it seems to be getting ridiculous now.  I prefer the ones where you just enter the registration number and be done with it.  Is there anyway I can fix this.  Right now I will NOT get another from any scenery that has this addon manager.  It's too much of a pain in the neck especially after paying money.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: esellerrate failure
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2012, 02:09:11 pm »
I prefer the ones where you just enter the registration number and be done with it.  Is there anyway I can fix this.

This is exactly like what you are describing, you just enter the registration and be done with it. Fact there's an activation is no different than any other software, including FSX and Windows itself...

It's just normal you would get an activation failure message if you updated your system, it should be enough to simply select "Register Serial" and insert your serial to reactivate it.

If, instead, you got a generic "Esellerate failure" message without any code, it means there's a problem with your user account permission, running Flight sim As Administrator, at least once, should fix the issue.

Of course, it would have been helpful if you said which Flight sim you use and under which OS

timmo73

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2012, 08:38:44 pm »
I have FSX and I register the serial number and then it sends me to a site asking whether to activate through esellerate.  It aks to enter like 10 different series of numbers and then you hit to activate but I keep getting esellerate failure.  No matter what I do I can't activate it.  Before I had no problem and now I can't even set it up at all.

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2012, 08:42:07 pm »
Maybe it's your firewall  ??? But why are U reacting like that? I'm sure that Umberto will try to help you.
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2012, 09:29:58 pm »
I have FSX and I register the serial number and then it sends me to a site asking whether to activate through esellerate.  It aks to enter like 10 different series of numbers and then you hit to activate but I keep getting esellerate failure.

That's the manual activation procedure, which should come up only if you have no internet connection. So, either you really don't have an internet connection, or (most likely) you have a software firewall that is blocking online access to FSX. The default Windows firewall doesn't have this problem, it's surely some other product you have installed or (worse) two firewalls together (default + addon), which can cause all sort of problems like these.

It's best if you check your firewall to grant online access both to all our installers and to FSX itself. And, be sure you don't run an additional firewall on top of the default Windows one, only one firewall should run at a time.

timmo73

« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 05:06:46 am »
I figured it out.  I have to put in the serial number and then put in the series of numbers and then hit reinstall and put in the serial number again and then it's active. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2012, 11:33:57 am »
Yes, that offline procedure works, but it's more complex and it should used only if you really have no internet connection. The real problem is that Flight Sim couldn't access the internet, which was likely caused by a firewall.