Author Topic: Addon Manager question  (Read 2901 times)

B777ER

Addon Manager question
« on: December 14, 2011, 06:25:30 pm »
I do not have the fiber frame fraction tweak in my fsx.cfg. I see that the addon manager from you all have this set at .33. I do not want that tweak in my cfg. Does the addon manager force that tweak? Is so, how is that removed? I don't particularly like having something outside my fsx.cfg screwing with it.
Eric

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Addon Manager question
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 08:27:54 pm »
As explained other times in the forum, the Addon Manager doesn't touch (or "screw") anything in your fsx.cfg, unless YOU press the "Save to FSX" button.

The settings you see there are READ from YOUR fsx.cfg, and just displayed. If you don't have that specific tweak in the fsx.cfg, the Addon Manager will display a default value, but that will be written back ONLY if you press the "Save to FSX" button.

In your specific example, even if you don't "want" that tweak, you still have it because, if there's no FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION setting in the fsx.cfg, FSX defaults to 0.33 just as if the tweak was there so, pressing the "Save to FSX" button or not won't make any difference in this case.

And, in any case, even if it made any difference, it would affect mainly single-core systems, which basically nobody uses for FSX anymore...