Author Topic: vLSO Beta release  (Read 823071 times)

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
Re: vLSO Beta release
« Reply #1260 on: March 21, 2015, 03:32:34 pm »
SHB stands for $hit Hot Break. Google is your friend (plenty of reading and videos)  :)
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #1261 on: March 21, 2015, 05:10:07 pm »
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?action=printpage;topic=1443.0 (out on the Utube there is a great video 'Shit Hot Break')
"...We can start grading anywhere we want. In my airwing, we gave upgrades for the SHB - shit hot break, but only if you could handle it...."
http://www.everything2.com/e2node/How%2520to%2520land%2520a%2520jet%2520plane%2520on%2520an%2520aircraft%2520carrier

« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 05:16:38 pm by SpazSinbad »
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #1262 on: April 01, 2015, 12:47:00 pm »
Guys,
The 0.8.2.6 beta is out

GOONIE

« Reply #1263 on: April 01, 2015, 05:55:40 pm »
Nice Paddles!

It was already hard enough to get a plain old OK, now I can only dream to see an OK again  ;) Still no joy on the SHB.

Can vLSO monitor fuel state via sim connect in lbs? I was thinking it would be a nice update to have the ability to add a Tank and Bingo fuel state via the vLSO GUI, and then if vLSO senses/monitors your fuel state in FSX is at or below that level you would get a audio call "your signal is Tank" or "your signal is bingo".
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #1264 on: April 02, 2015, 05:56:35 am »
Still no joy on the SHB.
Can I get your ACMI file(s) with unsuccessful SHB attempts?

Can vLSO monitor fuel state via sim connect in lbs? I was thinking it would be a nice update to have the ability to add a Tank and Bingo fuel state via the vLSO GUI, and then if vLSO senses/monitors your fuel state in FSX is at or below that level you would get a audio call "your signal is Tank" or "your signal is bingo".
Technically it is doable. The program already knows and monitors your fuel state and reports it at the ball call position, remember? 
Do you have any samples of those calls, btw?

GOONIE

« Reply #1265 on: April 02, 2015, 09:25:46 pm »
I don't have any "tank" calls, but maybe your automated voice used for "99 CASE One recover..." could work. I'll email you some bingo .wav files.

Thinking it would be a nice feature as fuel status is one of the most important things during recoveries, used for trap settings, tanking, and bingo/divert.

If you are able to add a feature in the GUI for bingo and fuel states, maybe it is possible to add a MODEX.

For example MODEX: 100 Tank: 3.8 Bingo: 2.7, and vLSO would call via the automated voice "100 your signal is Tank". Not sure what you are using to generate the automated CASE calls, but I assume it can call numbers (e.g. 100, 204).

I'll also grab some more ACMI files and send your way for the SHB. 

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #1266 on: April 03, 2015, 06:08:49 am »
Do you suggest using a separate GUI parameter for modex?
I guess the most suitable AC parameter would be the flight number (the atc_flight_number parameter in the aircraft.cfg file). And the only problem here is the mix of letters and numbers, because in FSX there are no strict requirements for using this parameter (at least I know none of them). Something like 'DS101' is not uncommon...

Easy solution - the program could strip all letters out of the flight number and use the remainder as modex, i.e 'DS101' -> '101' (one zero one). Will that do?

And how/when vLSO should remind the pilot of his tank/bingo state? When the fuel state is equal to tank/bingo settings?

GOONIE

« Reply #1267 on: April 03, 2015, 03:22:11 pm »
Using the AC parameter works as well to identify modex.

I think vLSO would monitor fuel state and give the tank or bingo call when fuel reached the set level via the vLSO GUI. I think it should only make the audio call once, since it would be annoying to keep hearing the call "100 your signal is tank" during the AAR process. Once your fuel state goes above tank level, it could reset the trigger for the call.

Seems that this feature would integrate well with vLSO since it already deals with tankers. Also if folks don't want this feature, they could just set the tank and bingo levels to 0.0.

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #1268 on: April 03, 2015, 06:44:14 pm »
Got it

rsgunner

« Reply #1269 on: April 05, 2015, 05:05:37 pm »
I am getting the following error, multiple times.

"N/A" is not a valid floating point value.

Russ
Many may fly and some are rewarded
handsomely, but the wings of gold of a
United States Naval Aviator mean more
than flying. It is dearly bought, requires
sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #1270 on: April 06, 2015, 01:31:31 pm »
Russ,
Please try the latest 0.8.2.7 beta and see if the error has gone.

rsgunner

« Reply #1271 on: April 06, 2015, 06:39:35 pm »
Paddles

That seemed to fix it.

Russ
Many may fly and some are rewarded
handsomely, but the wings of gold of a
United States Naval Aviator mean more
than flying. It is dearly bought, requires
sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

Victory103

« Reply #1272 on: April 17, 2015, 10:47:28 pm »
I am getting the following error, multiple times.

"N/A" is not a valid floating point value.

Russ

Paddles, just got this last night with .8, in the groove with my hands full in the AS Tomcat and heard the Windows chime going crazy on my desktop, about 20 error pop-ups opened rapidly.
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #1273 on: April 19, 2015, 01:27:01 pm »
Do you get such errors when flying other aircraft?

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #1274 on: April 21, 2015, 10:52:13 am »
Thinking about future MODEX, TANK and BINGO parameters I came to this - I should use a separate GUI parameter for setting MODEX instead of utilizing the atc_flight_number (how many of us do care of this parameter? I personally never use it...). This way it won't depend on the atc parameter's value, whatever it is.

By the way, should there be any range limits for the Tank and Bingo values? For example, 10.3 for the Tank seems rather meaningless. I guess something like 4.0 (Tank) and 3.0 (Bingo) would be reasonable. Correct me if I'm wrong...