Author Topic: vLSO Beta release  (Read 823037 times)

Orion

Re: vLSO Beta release
« Reply #1170 on: January 01, 2015, 07:30:46 pm »
I think Serge should make note of that (or if he has already, maybe make it more obvious) -- that's at least four of us with wave-off patterns because manual ball call was on and we didn't realize. :P

Letourn

« Reply #1171 on: January 02, 2015, 04:01:09 am »
Mickey thanks for the tip. After not flying for a few months i reinstall the latest version and after a few pass i was always getting WOP thought i lost the Edge ;)

rsgunner

« Reply #1172 on: January 03, 2015, 07:42:07 pm »
Paddles

Experienced a new error. Running P3D V2

"N/A" is not a valid floating point value.

vLSO made multiple copies of the error. I have made no cfg changes.

Russ
Many may fly and some are rewarded
handsomely, but the wings of gold of a
United States Naval Aviator mean more
than flying. It is dearly bought, requires
sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #1173 on: January 04, 2015, 07:36:58 am »
When do you get this error?
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

rsgunner

« Reply #1174 on: January 04, 2015, 02:36:09 pm »
Paddles

It occurred after the program loaded and I was in NASP airspace.

I think it was a fluke because it has not happened again.

I did a reboot to clear everything and vLSO seems to be working well.

Russ
Many may fly and some are rewarded
handsomely, but the wings of gold of a
United States Naval Aviator mean more
than flying. It is dearly bought, requires
sacrifice to keep and represents a way of life.

ESzczesniak

« Reply #1175 on: January 06, 2015, 08:47:07 pm »
Can somebody help me figure out if I'm a bad pilot of am using the program wrong?  I'm having an impossible time not getting a "wave-off" on case 3 night approaches.  I've gotten the day down ok now, but basically just can't land at night.  I understand this is much more challenging even in real life.  However, it seems like anything that is anything out of dead on OK get's me a wave off.  I finally decided to let the Aerosoft F-14X autothrottle/ACLS have a try and even this can't do it...in fact I get a better boarding rate without it.  My settings and debrief at below:

Settings:

Glideslope:

Lineup:

I see I trend low, but only briefly drop below (LO) and then come back up in the center.  The only setting I know that's caused a problem is manual ball call, which I do not have enabled.  What gives?

Orion

« Reply #1176 on: January 06, 2015, 09:06:57 pm »
Oh, I just had an idea: Serge, could you possibly use SimConnect_RequestReservedKey to set up a keyboard command for manual ball call?  That way people don't have to assign the water rudder to anything.

pyroperson87

• To those who love aviation, the sky is home.
« Reply #1177 on: January 06, 2015, 10:51:16 pm »
ESzczesniak I think you are getting waved off as soon as you cross the (LO) threshold. Try flying a cresting high ball and see what you get with that. Do you have other waveoff examples that you can post?
Pops

ESzczesniak

« Reply #1178 on: January 06, 2015, 10:53:02 pm »
ESzczesniak I think you are getting waved off as soon as you cross the (LO) threshold. Try flying a cresting high ball and see what you get with that. Do you have other waveoff examples that you can post?

I'll have to fly some more passes to get an example, but yes, I get waved off.  (anything) waves me off.

sonofabeech

• sonofabeech is in the slot
« Reply #1179 on: January 07, 2015, 01:43:18 am »
Hi ESzczesniak

Im just a virtual pilot so open to correction..As I understand it as soon as you dip below the dotted line the LSO is going to start nagging you to "add a little power"
or "your'e a little low". As you get closer to the ramp, the margin for error becomes a lot smaller indicated by the narrowing
cone. The point at which you were waved off was in close. At that point to be below glideslope (dotted line)is dangerous enough but to
be outside of the waveoff limits (cone) under the green line in close means you are in danger of becoming a red smear on the fantail of the carrier.
which is why they waved you off. To recover from that low position in close would probably require some gymnastics with the throttle and stick
and would result in unsettled flight dynamics which in turn will also result in a wave off. Sludge , Jimi feel free to jump in anytime.
Simon"Sonofa"Beech
If you have use full afterburner to taxi to your parking spot it means that you landed with your gear up!!

Orion

« Reply #1180 on: January 07, 2015, 01:50:49 am »
To recover from that low position in close would probably require some gymnastics with the throttle and stick
and would result in unsettled flight dynamics which in turn will also result in a wave off.

You mean like this? ;D

sonofabeech

• sonofabeech is in the slot
« Reply #1181 on: January 07, 2015, 03:21:38 pm »
Waahahaha Orion you crack me up ..exactly like that
Simon"Sonofa"Beech
If you have use full afterburner to taxi to your parking spot it means that you landed with your gear up!!

Mickey_Techy

« Reply #1182 on: January 07, 2015, 04:39:49 pm »
............I see I trend low, but only briefly drop below (LO)...............

ESzczesniak,

If you drop below (LO) IC, you WILL get waived off.
Your line up is exceedingly nice. Try and fly the ball centered. I'm thinking, at the point you are getting waved off, you are atleast half a ball low, if not more.

The fact that you have chosen to use vLSO implies you like to do it the realistic way. You just need to practice a little more mate. Nothing beats practice.
As you can see, right from the point of ball call, you are tending to fly a shade below GS. Make corrections from that point on, and then KEEP the ball centered through out.

Make (small) corrections with power in anticipation of ball movement, and not after you see the ball move. If you chase the ball AFTER its begins to move, half the battle is already done.

Hope that helps mate.

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #1183 on: January 07, 2015, 05:20:58 pm »
ESzczesniak,

To what guys here have already mentioned, I just want to add that it's the downdraft burble that spoiled your near perfect approach. With 30 kts of WOD the program generates two quite noticeable burbles behind the boat. Just be prepared and anticipate them...

And never accept a low ball.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2015, 05:22:47 pm by Paddles »

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #1184 on: January 07, 2015, 07:24:53 pm »
Guys,

Another vLSO beta is out.