Author Topic: vLSO Beta release  (Read 827267 times)

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
Re: vLSO Beta release
« Reply #1155 on: December 29, 2014, 07:05:35 pm »
whiteside,
Yes, the 'tower' calls are all synthesized because I had to compose samples so that the bearing and altimeter callouts matched the real numbers. Tried to use real-world samples, but in vain. The output was awful..
Does this current 'tower' voice sound too artificially?  :)
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #1156 on: December 29, 2014, 07:20:07 pm »
just downloaded the latest version and I am getting all clear when im on glideslope then as soon as I hit the deck I get a "bolter bolter" then a "ball call" then another "bolter bolter" and then I get 3 debrief screens. First one is ok then I get two of these.
Very strange... No ball call registered, no glidepath plotted. Do you have this each time landing on the same carrier (CV63) in the same plane?

whiteside

« Reply #1157 on: December 29, 2014, 11:50:25 pm »
whiteside,
Yes, the 'tower' calls are all synthesized because I had to compose samples so that the bearing and altimeter callouts matched the real numbers. Tried to use real-world samples, but in vain. The output was awful..
Does this current 'tower' voice sound too artificially?  :)

As far as the tower calls go, they sound convincing enough especially when you are hearing the LSO real life calls. I should have asked if there are synthesized calls mixed into the LSO calls? 

Victory103

« Reply #1158 on: December 30, 2014, 08:21:41 am »
whiteside,
Do you mean the "you're fast" or "you're low" calls with the other voice?
DUSTOFF
ARMY PROPS

GOONIE

« Reply #1159 on: December 30, 2014, 03:16:17 pm »
You can remove or add additional .wav files in the sound folder (just following the file naming convention) to get the LSO calls you prefer.  ;)
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #1160 on: December 30, 2014, 06:22:35 pm »
...if there are synthesized calls mixed into the LSO calls? 

No. All current LSO calls are real, probably except for a couple of calls with Snort's voice (obviously studio recorded, w/o static, hum etc.).

whiteside

« Reply #1161 on: December 31, 2014, 02:10:14 am »
  Roger all of that!
Thanks.
I like it.

whiteside

« Reply #1162 on: December 31, 2014, 02:14:01 am »
Who is Snort btw?

GOONIE

« Reply #1163 on: December 31, 2014, 03:13:38 am »
Snort is Dale Snodgrass's call sign. He is a well respected F-14 pilot, highest amont of hours,etc. He is also my buddies uncle, small world. He worked with a company several years ago to make an LSO program for FSX based on a pay as you fly, it also had competitions and prizes based on your landing grades. I always competed and it was fun. Paddels' vLSO is light years better, and free, which is great. The only thing missing is a greenie board competition outside of a virtual squadron  ;)
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

Mickey_Techy

« Reply #1164 on: December 31, 2014, 05:26:17 pm »
.............The only thing missing is a greenie board competition outside of a virtual squadron  ;)

More than 2 years of vLSO, and I STILL can't manage a landing without either a LIG or a LUL, and a competition greenie board :)

I thought this was fixed in the new version, so this can only mean one thing.....vLSO hates me, and Paddles even more. :)

whiteside

« Reply #1165 on: January 01, 2015, 12:42:02 am »
Snort is Dale Snodgrass's call sign. He is a well respected F-14 pilot, highest amont of hours,etc. He is also my buddies uncle, small world. He worked with a company several years ago to make an LSO program for FSX based on a pay as you fly, it also had competitions and prizes based on your landing grades. I always competed and it was fun. Paddels' vLSO is light years better, and free, which is great. The only thing missing is a greenie board competition outside of a virtual squadron  ;)

RGR!

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #1166 on: January 01, 2015, 09:29:48 am »
More than 2 years of vLSO, and I STILL can't manage a landing without either a LIG or a LUL, and a competition greenie board :)
What? :o Still having LIGs even in manual mode?

I thought this was fixed in the new version, so this can only mean one thing.....vLSO hates me, and Paddles even more. :)
Nothing personal, vLSO just watches your approaches and if you keep getting LUL comments, it only means that lineup is your problem...  ;)

Mickey_Techy

« Reply #1167 on: January 01, 2015, 05:21:34 pm »
..............What? :o Still having LIGs even in manual mode?................

Nah....not in manual mode Serge.
Actually, come to think of it, I have NEVER flown the vLSO in manual mode. It's always been Auto Ball Call.

Will test with the manual option and report back.

Fryman

« Reply #1168 on: January 01, 2015, 06:54:21 pm »
I have been trying to get an OK on a case III recovery and all I can get is a WOP. WO used to be a problem but I could still get mostly OK landings. In the write up it was indicated that the WO parameters have been relaxed but now it is WOP and I cannot get an OK even when getting the three wire. The last landing I was within all of the limits and got a WOP right before the wires. I have tried with meet Navy NATOPS checked and unchecked in the settings page. Without an OK you loose your currency. Any suggestions?

Mickey_Techy

« Reply #1169 on: January 01, 2015, 07:08:03 pm »
Fryman....the latest version of vLSO ships with "Manual Ball Call" enabled by default.
So, either call the ball manually, or change over to Auto Ball Call.

I'm guessing this could be an issue, since the first time I fired up the latest vLSO, I got WOP calls repeatedly also.