Author Topic: No Buildings Appear  (Read 4478 times)

corkyb

No Buildings Appear
« on: September 28, 2011, 12:56:01 pm »
I cant tell you how frustrating this is.

I downloaded the LAX trial version about a week ago, which worked fine.

Over the weekend, I migrated by PHNL scenery from FS9 to FSX - that took a while to get working, but I finally worked it out.

I then purchased LAX, and now cannot see any buildings - only Jetways.

To answer your usual questions:

The usual questions:

- Do you have the Addon Manager AND the Couatl powered products menus inside FSX ? Do you have both, only one, or none at all ?  YES I HAVE BOTH
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 03:44:25 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No Buildings Appear
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2011, 03:51:42 pm »
- Do you have the Addon Manager AND the Couatl powered products menus inside FSX ? Do you have both, only one, or none at all ?  YES I HAVE BOTH

You could have stopped there, because the usual questions are only made to diagnose the most common problem, which is the antivirus blocking the software running, which result in no Addon Manager or Couatl menus so, if you have both, you can safely discount anything related to the antivirus.

I downloaded the LAX trial version about a week ago, which worked fine.

Over the weekend, I migrated by PHNL scenery from FS9 to FSX - that took a while to get working, but I finally worked it out.

I then purchased LAX, and now cannot see any buildings - only Jetways.

What do you mean with "migrating PHNL scenery from FS9 to FSX" you can't migrate anything, there's no way to use the FS9 version in FSX, you have to use the FSX installer, which simply installs the scenery without having to do anything on your part.

The activation will stay without having to do anything on your part, unless you reinstalled Windows from scratch, or changed hardware, or run FSX on a different system. In that case, you would need to reactivate, we can't be simpler, just select "Register Serial" and insert the same Serial Number you used for FS9.

So, fact that you are saying that you "migrate" PHNL and took a while to get it working, seems to indicate you must have done something strange, like trying to run the FS9 version under FSX or so, because otherwise it would only needed to simply download and install the PHNL FSX installer.

Since it's not clear what you have done by migrating PHNL, reinstalling KLAX should fix everything, and be sure you use the current 1.1 version.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2011, 03:57:10 pm by virtuali »

corkyb

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 09:31:42 pm »
Sorry if I was unclear:

Since purchasing a new PC, I have upgraded to FSX.  I downloaded the latest installer for phnl, and activated using the serial number I received when making the original purchase.

PHNL is running fine - no problems at all.  I only added that information, as the trial version of KLAX worked, before installing PHNL.

The issue is with KLAX, which I have uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times.  The version of LAX which is installed, is V2.  I havent upgraded to V2, I just used the installer downloaded from your website.   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 10:01:43 pm »
You are confusing the version number with the scenery name. KLAX v2 is the scenery name, it means it's our 2nd scenery of KLAX (the first one was made in 2006), when I've said you have to be sure you are using the 1.1 installer, it means the 1.1 of the "KLAX V2" scenery.

As I've said, if you install the current version of KLAX V2, which is 1.1, it should fix your problem. The installer will say which version is going to install when you start it so, if it's not 1.1, you need to download it again.