Author Topic: Jetways  (Read 9313 times)

Fabiosko

Jetways
« on: September 19, 2011, 01:38:32 pm »
Hi,
first of all congrats for the gorgeous job!!!
I am experiencing a pair of minor issues:
- using mostly the new PMDG NGX I noticed that jetways always sink to reach the 737 door level (jetway's wheels sink and are no more visible).
- also at some parking, e.g. #61, and even if aircraft is correctly positioned the jetway does not reach it.

Thanks and regards,

Fabio
« Last Edit: September 19, 2011, 01:45:04 pm by fabiosko »
Fabio Poles
i7 4770K@4.8, Sabertooth Z87, Gainward 780 GLH, 8G GSkill C9, 7Pro64-PCie 240G, Sim-VR 1T

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetways
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2011, 01:41:34 pm »
- using mostly the new PMDG NGX I noticed that jetways always sink to reach the 737 door level (jetway's wheels sink and are no more visible).

About the sinking wheels, there's not much we can do, we don't control the jetways reach, FSX does it internally, even default jetways with default airplanes has the same problem at certain places (try the default CRJ-200 on a default airport, for example)

We can probably fix instead the issue of jetways not reaching the door.

rvandiver1

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2011, 09:59:33 pm »
Hey....I was just going to post a topic about the Jetways not reaching the doors.  Hopefully this will be a fix in the near future.

Thanks Much!!

johndrago

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2011, 10:51:55 pm »
Hi,
first of all congrats for the gorgeous job!!!
I am experiencing a pair of minor issues:
- also at some parking, e.g. #61, and even if aircraft is correctly positioned the jetway does not reach it.

Thanks and regards,

Fabio

I use the NGX at KLAX all the time, and the sinking jetway wheels are normal.  It not only happens at FSDT airports, but at default airports too.  It's just the way it works unfortunately.

I've never seen a jetway not reach a plane at any airport.  I'll have to research.

- John

rvandiver1

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2011, 12:13:10 am »
John......I use Quality Wings 757, and there are several Jetways that do not attach to the Aircraft doors.

rvandiver1

« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2011, 05:47:20 pm »
I just downloaded the update for LAX...flew from PHX.  When parking at gate 6....the Jetway did not even come close to attaching to the aircraft.  I thought that the update was going to fix this problem??

Thanks Much!!

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2011, 06:14:34 pm »
Try switching to a default aircraft and check it.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

rvandiver1

« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2011, 12:37:05 am »
tried that....like I said...doesn't even come close to the aircraft!!

cosnowboarder_777

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2012, 07:45:36 am »
I wonder what they did with AES to get it to work. On their jetways, the height can adjust up and down.  I don't know too much about programing so I don't know how hard that is to model in the game.
John Bauer

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: January 05, 2012, 09:09:57 am »
I wonder what they did with AES to get it to work. On their jetways, the height can adjust up and down. 

AES was made for FS9 when Flight sim didn't had any support for animated jetways, so it had to developed its own method, which is still in use in FSX. We also made animated jetways for FS9 using another system, but the FSX system is entirely different, and our FSX sceneries use that one, which is not very reliable, even default airplanes on default airports sometimes have trouble with jetways.

When comparing with AES, you shouldn't forget that you have to pay extra to have animated jetways, most developers simply don't have any animated jetways to begin with and some don't even give the option to buy AES.

We'll eventually have a look at the jetways too, eventually replacing the FSX system with our own, this is something we are surely planning to do.

cosnowboarder_777

« Reply #10 on: January 05, 2012, 04:03:38 pm »
Yeah you guys are definitely one of the very few who animate your jetways.  I am definitely looking forward to your GSX.
John Bauer

theshack440

« Reply #11 on: January 05, 2012, 08:53:58 pm »
I agree, thanks so much for having very nice and moving jetways. It adds so much to the "living, breathing" aspect of the airport. And what's a flight if you can even let your passengers off?
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

joehibb

« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2012, 12:50:40 am »
I don't know about all the jetways, but most of the Southwest airline jetways number from 1-14 do not work unless you back up the your aircraft a few feet. I have tried PMDG 737 and the MS 737 and the results where the same. Also some jetways are too far extended to start with so they miss the door and plow into the side of the aircraft.