Author Topic: Ground Vehicles  (Read 4423 times)

soundman

Ground Vehicles
« on: September 17, 2011, 11:12:03 pm »
1.I am getting this with some of the ground vehicles. Not all. Just some of them.

2. Are the FSX Ground Vehicles turned off at the gates? They are present at the cargo ramps.

Thanks for this great scenery!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Ground Vehicles
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2011, 11:21:20 pm »
You probably have set the SmallPartRejectRadius in your FSX.CFG too high, in order to ask FSX to not display small parts, like weels on vehicles. It's a setting that is usually suggested on forum, because it can increase performances with Autogen and AI airplanes but, of course, it affects everything that has small parts, like ground vehicles.

In the Addon Manager there's an easy to use slider to set it at any value. The default is 0 (nothing is rejected) but you might try to experiment is with the highest value that doesn't reject the vehicle wheels. You need to restart FSX at each try.

Yes, the default vehicles are intentionally switched off at most gates, in order to save fps and in preparation for GSX...

soundman

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2011, 10:04:10 pm »
Sorry never responded to this.

That WAS the issue. Once I set it to "0" they all appeared normally.

and, I know it's ben talked about in another forum, but I for one don't want AES support and will wait patiently for GSX.

For me, the AES textures just look terrible in the FSDT airports.   

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2011, 10:35:51 pm »
GSX at KLAX below :)

soundman

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2011, 10:55:08 pm »
Just spectactular.