Author Topic: US Airports Vol. 1 " Suggestion"  (Read 6622 times)

laxclipper

US Airports Vol. 1 " Suggestion"
« on: August 10, 2011, 09:21:04 pm »
Hello,

I have brought this topic up before and I believe there are lots of great possibilities. I think The Hawaii airports are doing well? I have all of them better yet I have all FSDT Airports. My suggestion is to do similar packages for airports like KSNA, KBUR, KSAT, and KAUS. Etc.  An airport vol with let’s say KSNA and KAUS would be perfect. I would definitely buy it. I think there is a huge demand for small airports. oRBX/FTX do lots of small sceneries and I think these will bring more customers who might only fly small Cessna planes ( General Aviation).

What do you guys think?

Sincerely

Edgar

Angelo

Re: US Airports Vol. 1 " Suggestion"
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2011, 09:40:39 pm »
Oh my god, this would be great, KSNA is my home airport, so I have a special spot for that one. Its where I started working on my PPL I got 68.5 hours logged so far from there. I love landed and taking off with a 737 or 757 on the parallel.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 09:49:41 pm »
We don't think there's a big demand for small airports. In fact, our sales seems to correlate airport size with sales figures almost directly.

We completed the Hawaiian Airports package, because we promised to do it, and because the smaller one might help driving PHNL sales BUT, it might have been probably better doing a single large airport instead of 4 small ones.

We'll keep sticking to very large airports in the future, because this is what sets us apart from other developers.

It only takes relatively easy to find graphic skills to create a very nice small airport, but doing a large hub and making it usable and good to look at at the same time, requires a whole different set of skills, which we believe it's something unique we can offer to the flight sim community.

infus1on

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2011, 05:16:07 am »

We'll keep sticking to very large airports in the future, because this is what sets us apart from other developers.

That makes me as a FSDreamteam customer very happy and relieved. Thank you.
Mike

FSDreamteam: KLAX Los Angeles * KDFW Dallas Fort Worth * KLAS McCarran * KJFK New York * KORD O'Hare * PHNL Honolulu * Hawaiian Airports Vol. 1 & 2 * LSZG Zurich CYVR Vancouver

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2011, 01:28:45 pm »
I understand the reasoning for sticking to large airports, but there are a lot of potential customers practically begging for certain airports like Houston Intercontinental, and nobody of any quality seems interested.  A golden opportunity should be seized.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 04:15:36 pm »
but there are a lot of potential customers practically begging for certain airports like Houston Intercontinental, and nobody of any quality seems interested.  A golden opportunity should be seized.

That the potential customers are "a lot ", it's not confirmed by the cold hard facts, which are the actual sales numbers.

Unless you mean that, if a customer is really "begging" for his favorite airport, he would be prepared to buy it a 5x the price, which would be the only way to balance the lower numbers compared to a large hub.

laxclipper

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 04:32:11 pm »
I wish that instead of Hawaiian Airports Vol 1 or 2 they would have tried smaller airports in the mainland. Why not start a poll? I really support FSDT and their excellent quality that's why I bought all their airports and I intend to buy any other airport they make.
I seriously think that a Poll would help at least to give the FSDT an idea of what we would like.

Thanks

Edgar

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 04:48:11 pm »
Unless you mean that, if a customer is really "begging" for his favorite airport, he would be prepared to buy it a 5x the price, which would be the only way to balance the lower numbers compared to a large hub.

Shouldn't need to pay five times the price, if you're making four times the quantity.  Those four Hawaii airports were pretty quick to produce, and could've been sold as individual airports.  If you can produce four small airports in the time it takes to do one large hub, each airport only has to sell a quarter of what the large hub sells for you to break even.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 05:56:03 pm »
but there are a lot of potential customers practically begging for certain airports like Houston Intercontinental, and nobody of any quality seems interested.  A golden opportunity should be seized.

That the potential customers are "a lot ", it's not confirmed by the cold hard facts, which are the actual sales numbers.

Keep in mind Umberto that while large hub airports are great, The small ones are much in part a factor as well. :)
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 07:07:56 pm »
Shouldn't need to pay five times the price, if you're making four times the quantity.  Those four Hawaii airports were pretty quick to produce, and could've been sold as individual airports

It's enough checking the relevant backdoors, to verify how wrong is this:

Hawaii1 was announced in January 2010, and released in October, 9 months.
work on Hawaii2 started shortly after that, and was released in July 2011, another 9 months.

KLAX was announced in October 2010, and will probably be released in August 2011, roughly 9 months, and this is taking so much, because we tested an entirely new development method, JFK was made in less than 6 months, KDFW took about 7 months. PHNL took 7 months also, from the same developer of Hawaii1/2

There's a lot of overhead that doesn't depend on the airport size, which is collecting pictures and any other data, setting up a project, writing documentation, installers, etc and, on top of that, people expect more attention to detail to small airports, so they end up being as long to develop that large ones, but they sell roughly a quarter.

So no, the economics of small airports are not favorable, and this proven by facts.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2011, 01:26:10 pm »
Maybe its because we're more anxious, but Hawaii didn't seem like 9 months each, and LAX feels more like 12.

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2011, 07:36:03 pm »
Whose really counting?....We as(customers) are getting superb,high quality airports right. :)
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

skimmer

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2011, 04:51:21 am »
RIGHT ;D

Alliano Ricot

« Reply #13 on: August 15, 2011, 02:36:32 pm »
Look I will buy Any thing from your catalog until I see some esle better and more technological.

Houston Intercontinental (IAH) Airport- Will Buy

Orlando International Airport- Will BUY

Miami International Airport- Will Buy and yes I think there is some other company doing it but They Suck ;D

Philadelphia International Airport- Will buy

Portland International Airport- Man come on I can mke a list here but In all simple means I seek the best Fight sim experience and is willing to pay for it cause Its an OBBSESSION ::)

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #14 on: August 15, 2011, 03:52:50 pm »
Look I will buy Any thing from your catalog...

They aren't currently doing any of the airports you listed.   ;D