Author Topic: No ILS  (Read 5751 times)

glenm

No ILS
« on: August 02, 2011, 12:29:14 am »
I took advantage of the recent sale and bought  V1 V2 and PHNL and I am having a problem. I have no ILS at any of the airports. If  I go into map view and

click on desired airport, at PHLI for example, about 30 runways are listed, no ILS info and surface is listed as Ice. I can deactivate in the scenery tab and map is back to

normal, ie correct runways ILS freq\, etc. Anyone seen this before?  And have any Idea how to correct.

Thanks,
Glen

Ps, downloaded and installed update for V2. in hopes that might solve issue.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No ILS
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 09:11:02 am »
Not a problem of the scenery but, most likely caused by another AFCAD of another product (AI traffic pack ?) which is in conflict.

Use the free FSX Airport Scanner to find AFCAD duplicates and remove all the extra not in the FSDT folders but NOT the default ones.

The multiple ice runways are not a problem of course, they are made intentionally to allow crosswind runway operations, and they could't affect the ILS on the main runways anyway.

danroman

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2011, 08:07:06 am »
I have the same problem, but no duplicates for PHNL show up.  My problem is that the data for FSDT does not show up on FS Commander.  I looked at the FSX Map and the ILS are there.....   Trouble is, I use prefer to use FS Commander.

--Dan Roman; Sunland, CA; P3D v4.2; ASP4;  REX2;  Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit); Total Physical Mem, 15.92 GB; CPU Intel Core(TM) i7-4930K @ 3.40 Ghz (clock speed 3.40 (overclocked)); NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti; Motherboard:  Alienware (Alienware Aurora R4).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2011, 12:47:29 pm »
My problem is that the data for FSDT does not show up on FS Commander.  I looked at the FSX Map and the ILS are there.....   Trouble is, I use prefer to use FS Commander.

That's probably a bug of that program, that only displays navdata for a scenery coming from that scenery's AFCAD.

PHNL doesn't include navaids in its own AFCAD (since they haven't changed from the default, it doesn't make much sense to duplicate them), it will use the one coming from the default PHNL, which is just standard practice and, in fact, you can see the ILS is working, because FSX displays it on the map.

danroman

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2011, 03:34:51 am »
Very true.  The ILS worked fine, though I could not see it on FS Commander.  Wish the bug were fixed.....   but, I can work around it. 
--Dan Roman; Sunland, CA; P3D v4.2; ASP4;  REX2;  Windows 7 Home Premium (64 bit); Total Physical Mem, 15.92 GB; CPU Intel Core(TM) i7-4930K @ 3.40 Ghz (clock speed 3.40 (overclocked)); NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti; Motherboard:  Alienware (Alienware Aurora R4).

ahuimanu

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2012, 04:18:09 am »
There's a way to use Airport Design Editor X to bring the default navaids back into the FSDT AFX file and create a new .BGL.  However, you'll have to backup the existing BGL.  Also, whenever FSDT updates the scenery, you'll have to do it again.

I can confirm this problem on my end as well.