Author Topic: Missing airport buildings  (Read 24637 times)

Jolun

Missing airport buildings
« on: July 26, 2011, 09:41:54 am »
Hi,

For all my Fsdt airports there are now airport buildings. I have the Addon manager menu but not the Couatl menu (there is a Couatl folder in the FSdreamtem folder). Should I un-install all my Fsdt addon's or it is it enough to un-install one and then reinstall?

Edit: I have un-installed all Fsdt scenaries and installed KFDW (re-booted win anfter uninstallation and after insatallation) but I'm still mssing airport buildings and the Couatl menu.

/Jonas
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 10:33:24 am by Jolun »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Missing airport buildings
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2011, 11:44:26 am »
 If only Couatl is missing, than it's 100% sure you haven't correctly set the antivirus, please follow this to the letter, don't skip any step.

- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the scenery with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\Couatl\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

Jolun

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2011, 01:51:29 pm »
Hi

I followed tour instruction. But I can't see the Couatl menu. The coutl.exe file is there as well as the bdlmanx.dll. I use Norton 360. I used the "fast Controll butoms" to switch it off. The Couatl.exe starts and run when I'm running FSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2011, 02:20:38 pm »
The Couatl.exe starts and run when I'm running FSX.

Do you mean you opened the task manager, and saw the couatl.exe process running ? Did it keep running, or it closed it down ? Is still running when you are inside FSX and don't see its menu ?

Check the following folder:

%APPDATA%\Virtuali

and see if you have a Couatl.err file inside. If you have, post its content here.

Jolun

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2011, 03:51:04 pm »
Yes it is running when I run the FSX. I could see it in the task manager. What does %APPDATA% mean? is it my path to FSX?

No there was no Couatl.err inside only a file keyMapping file

« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 03:56:08 pm by Jolun »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2011, 03:53:43 pm »
I could see it in the task manager. What does %APPDATA% mean? is it my path to FSX?

Just type that in the blank area of the Windows Start button, and press ENTER, it will open a folder.

Jolun

« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2011, 03:57:48 pm »
Ok but no Couatl.err file there

Edit: I made a Log file and it looks like this:
couatl v2.0 (build 2119)
log started on Tue Jul 26 15:39:26 2011

connecting to SimConnect...
connected to FSX
bglmanx non ready yet, waiting.
connected to bglmanx
disconnected from SimConnect. <- after I closed FSX
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 04:03:10 pm by Jolun »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2011, 04:05:47 pm »
couatl v2.0 (build 2119)
log started on Tue Jul 26 15:39:26 2011

That's not the very latest version. Can you try reinstalling the scenery again, so it will get the current one online ?

Jolun

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2011, 04:07:41 pm »
Ok but i downloaded the scenary (KDFW) yesterday? Where do I get the latest Couatl?

I downloaded KJFK but it's the same problem no Couatl menu, no buildings. Now the log file is empty and no Couatl.err file
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 04:37:52 pm by Jolun »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2011, 05:37:30 pm »
Just reinstall KDFW, will get the current version.

Note that, it's slightly older than yours, but it should work, we put it an older version that used to work, while we fix the problem with the last versions.

Jolun

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2011, 05:51:46 pm »
I did use the version that I downloaded yetser day. So I should allready have the latest version?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2011, 05:52:57 pm »
I did use the version that I downloaded yetser day. So I should allready have the latest version?

No, reinstall again the scenery, will get you the correct version.

Jolun

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2011, 05:56:08 pm »
I did that no Couatl menu and no buildings. Could it still be an issue with Norton 360?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 06:00:47 pm by Jolun »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2011, 06:00:49 pm »
i did that no Couatl menu no buildings

This can't be

- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- Reinstall the scenery, check you get the trust question, reply YES to all questions.

- Don't worry if you don't have the menu at the first launch, exit from FSX, wait a bit to be sure it closes cleanly, the launch it again.

Jolun

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2011, 06:07:21 pm »
This can't be

- Reinstall the scenery, check you get the trust question, reply YES to all questions. -> only got one question and answered yes.  

- Don't worry if you don't have the menu at the first launch, exit from FSX, wait a bit to be sure it closes cleanly, the launch it again. -> no menu 1st time loaded -> 2 min wating no menu after restart -> couatl.exe running - no couatl.err file
« Last Edit: July 26, 2011, 06:15:59 pm by Jolun »