Author Topic: Work in Progress / 06  (Read 83148 times)

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
Re: Work in Progress / 06
« Reply #75 on: May 23, 2011, 07:37:22 pm »
Since my guess is that the NGX will come before KLAX, I start with Routes from LOWW to EDDM, LFPG or LCLK or something like that. Once KLAX is released, I will fly from KLAX to PHNL or KLAS, definitely  ;D

I don't see how you figure that.  LAX and FSDreamteam next scenery after that will be out before PMDG NGX!!!    :P
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 11:00:35 pm by juniormafia27 »
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz
64.0 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Ram
Corsair 1200 Watt
 Corsair H115i-Water Cooler
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI
Samsung 49 inch Curved Monitor

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #76 on: May 23, 2011, 10:16:35 pm »
Since my guess is that the NGX will come before KLAX, I start with Routes from LOWW to EDDM, LFPG or LCLK or something like that. Once KLAX is released, I will fly from KLAX to PHNL or KLAS, definitely  ;D

I don't see how you figure that.  LAX and FSDreamteam is going to be out before PMDG NGX!!!    :P

What are the odds?   ;D
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #77 on: May 24, 2011, 05:27:28 pm »
50/50   ;)
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Anders Bermann

« Reply #78 on: May 24, 2011, 07:41:38 pm »
Really? Is the NGX that close to being released... (not that I know of the exact progress of KLAX), but in my mind, I would be amazed, if the NGX was released this side july e.g - but I haven't really been following the progress...

Would certainly buy it, when it arrives... (that goes both for KLAX AND the NGX from PMDG) ;)
Best regards, Anders

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #79 on: May 24, 2011, 10:34:33 pm »
Really? Is the NGX that close to being released... (not that I know of the exact progress of KLAX), but in my mind, I would be amazed, if the NGX was released this side july e.g - but I haven't really been following the progress...

Would certainly buy it, when it arrives... (that goes both for KLAX AND the NGX from PMDG) ;)
I have been following the PMDG NGX progress and from the screenshots e.g. VC,Exterior. :) In the most recent post thread by Robert S. Randazzo (not an exact quote) but he said when they reach certain miles markers in the progress of the NGX and release to the wider beta teams to make sure there are no "bugs" or performance issues; PMDG will start talking about a release date(internal). :-*

P.S.
No matter what, Wherever the progress is for KLAX it is more likely that it will be released before PMDG NGX. 8)
« Last Edit: May 24, 2011, 10:38:49 pm by PUP4ORD »
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #80 on: May 24, 2011, 10:53:40 pm »
I think that PMDG is losing some money over this delay issue. I know plenty of people at http://www.swavirtual.com/?content=home that already have bought ifly instead.
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

masondom

« Reply #81 on: May 24, 2011, 11:11:50 pm »
Hi

Now that iFLY's Boeing FSX is released, its of their own (PMDG) interest to wait a little bit.
They are producing the most formidable aircraft ever, anyway.

Will they loose money? Oh no.
Will they loose some credibility ? Maybe but you can buy some new credibility with money, can't you ?

(dammit i am wild tonight !)

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #82 on: May 25, 2011, 12:39:15 am »
Will they loose some credibility ?

They will only lose credibility to the handfull of folks who constantly complain that the plane wasn't released in a period of time that suited them and thus settled for another version. To all others who have a little patience and dont mind waiting for what will likely be the most advanced addon a/c ever produced for a dest top flight sim, their credibilty will remain unchanged. I think most serious simmers who have been in this hobby for some time know that PMDG is the best at what they do, which is to produce airliners that operate as close to the real world a/c given the confines of what FSX/FS9 is able to handle.

I think this abbreviated post by the PMDG boss best sums up their position on why they do what they do in relation to releasing the NGX.

At PMDG we aren't interested in quickly cranking out a product that loosely approximates an airplane based on a bunch of stolen flight manual pdf's that we jacked off an internet site...  because in doing so you invariably wind up giving customers an airplane that does some things well, looks nice, but doesn't fly like the airplane, doesn't act like the airplane in takeoff, climb, cruise descent and landing, and is partially functional in the PFD/ND and FMS....

I've seen some uninformed posts where folks have proclaimed that we are packing too much into this product and that it will be out of reach of some simmers...  PMDG got to where we are by knowing who our current customers are- knowing who are future customers are- and knowing how airplanes actually behave...   So we aren't doing anything NEW here- we are simply doing it better.

The whole reason we continue to hold the airplane and thoroughly test the entire product is that we FIRMLY believe we owe you a complete product that is as problem-free as we can possibly make it.  After all- the day a customer purchases this product- they are giving us their hard earned money in exchange for the opportunity to see what it is like to fly the 737NG- and that is exactly what they should get.  No hassles, no frustrations... no waiting for 200 patches while we try to fill in gaps between the pieces that work...

That just isn't how we operate.

As far as what will be first - KLAX or NGX?

I think the NGX will be first. We still have probably 3 to 4, or maybe more,  "Backdoor" previews to go based on the amount of previews we typically get for a new airport.

ESzczesniak

« Reply #83 on: May 25, 2011, 01:23:18 am »
They will only lose credibility to the handfull of folks who constantly complain that the plane wasn't released in a period of time that suited them and thus settled for another version...

I don't think they will lose any credibility in any circles.  Regardless of how things have played out, PMDG does make the best aircraft around.  For me, they have lost respect though for their practices...broken promises and deadlines for new updates and veiled bashing of other producers efforts (this is what a REAL NGX looks like...).

They do make the best aicraft around though and for that I will definitely be buying the NGX.  For now though, I have another spectacular NG I get to flyin in FSX finally.

pride545

• Beta tester
« Reply #84 on: May 25, 2011, 08:23:13 am »
Is this a pmdg OR fsdt FORUM?
Moe Works

simon747

« Reply #85 on: May 25, 2011, 11:00:05 am »
cmm'on KLAX, some more screens............ :P

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #86 on: May 25, 2011, 06:18:38 pm »
PMDG Needs to have a stellar model of the 737NG.  Because anything else would prove to be a major blow for future aircraft to come out of that company.
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz
64.0 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Ram
Corsair 1200 Watt
 Corsair H115i-Water Cooler
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI
Samsung 49 inch Curved Monitor

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #87 on: May 25, 2011, 06:26:31 pm »

I wonder...

sjt375

• Flight Director
« Reply #88 on: May 25, 2011, 09:36:10 pm »

I wonder...

it is a PMDG forum, within a work in progress forum, within a backdoor forum, WITHIN an FSDT forum... FORUMCEPTION

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #89 on: May 25, 2011, 11:52:33 pm »
Two products that we are eagerly awaiting!