Author Topic: Work in Progress / 06  (Read 85180 times)

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: Work in Progress / 06
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2011, 04:33:02 pm »
.... I found myself (and still do today) checking here and avsim like 10 times a day, waiting for KLAX and the NGX.

Yeah me too, although I work at home and am on the computer all day long, so I probably check this site and the Avsim and Avsim PMDG page like 30 times a day to see if there are updates to LAX or the NGX.

Once LAX is out, then I will probably be here checking all the time to see what Umberto's next move is as far as the next airport or updates to existing airports. I guess you could say checking forums is almost like a hobby itself, haha.

Silverbird

« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2011, 05:07:42 pm »
.... I found myself (and still do today) checking here and avsim like 10 times a day, waiting for KLAX and the NGX.

Yeah me too, although I work at home and am on the computer all day long, so I probably check this site and the Avsim and Avsim PMDG page like 30 times a day to see if there are updates to LAX or the NGX.

Once LAX is out, then I will probably be here checking all the time to see what Umberto's next move is as far as the next airport or updates to existing airports. I guess you could say checking forums is almost like a hobby itself, haha.

lol I agree its is like its own hobby checking forums ;D it has become part of my life lol  :D I'm really keeping a close eye on what Umberto will do after klax since we also have ms flight being in development. good thing we have gsx which will greatly enhance scenery's and of course klax once it is released
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

theshack440

« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2011, 12:47:36 am »

Agreed. I am very curious as to what they will begin work on (besides continuing on GSX). I still am not sure if they will begin to update their best selling airports (LSZH, KJFK, etc) or if they will just get them ready for Flight. Regardless, we probably won't know because of the NDA so we can only speculate unless Umberto tells us.  ;D

I also agree that checking forums is pretty much a hobby in itself as well... as ridiculous as that sounds to anyone who doesn't (like my family... lol). I spend just as much time checking forums as I do playing fsx, during the week at least -- probably more. It really brings a smile to my face to think how many people there are that are as passionate (and even much more) about flying, real and virtual, as I am.

Regards
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2011, 04:04:00 pm »
..we can only speculate unless Umberto tells us;D

And considering how secretive they were on revealing GSX, that ain't gonna happen.   ;D
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

aircanadajet

« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2011, 01:29:21 pm »
hmmm I got tired of waiting so I bought ALL of the airports you guys sell. I thought LAX was going to be out in the Spring? No? Maybe the Summer?

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2011, 05:09:14 pm »
;D PMDG is VERY late... I wonder who will come first, Ifly737X or PMDG?

Well to answer you question Ify 737X has beat PMDG out the gate as far as release.  Bout to download now.  :)
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz
64.0 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Ram
Corsair 1200 Watt
 Corsair H115i-Water Cooler
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI
Samsung 49 inch Curved Monitor

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2011, 07:25:02 pm »
Well to answer you question Ify 737X has beat PMDG out the gate as far as release.  Bout to download now.  :)

Yep, iFly is the first one.

I was thinking about trying it, but after seeing all the screen shots and videos of it, then comparing it the those of the PMDG version, I am just going to wait for the NGX. If it at least had the collimated HGS, the "Lotus" style landing lights like the PMDG does, and better VC lighting besides just on or off,  I would probably give it a shot. Plus I hear the click spots in the VC are a pain to use.

Granted it they do have the 30 day refund, but I have a feeling I would just end up returning it anyway. If it was the only good 737 available for FSX I would surely have purchased already.

theshack440

« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2011, 08:07:03 pm »

I was thinking about trying it, but after seeing all the screen shots and videos of it, then comparing it the those of the PMDG version, I am just going to wait for the NGX. If it at least had the collimated HGS, the "Lotus" style landing lights like the PMDG does, and better VC lighting besides just on or off,  I would probably give it a shot. Plus I hear the click spots in the VC are a pain to use.

Granted it they do have the 30 day refund, but I have a feeling I would just end up returning it anyway. If it was the only good 737 available for FSX I would surely have purchased already.

+1. I completely feel the same way - the iFly looks good but I have been following PMDG with this for years and the NGX, in my mind, is well worth the wait.
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2011, 08:19:10 pm »
Ifly is HIGHLY recommended! 
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2011, 11:00:45 pm »
Ifly is HIGHLY recommended! 

Your on FS9 if I remember correctly, which in that case, the iFly is the best version.

I dont think anyone who has followed the countless posts on the PMDG Avsim forum or on their Facebook page and compared screen shots and videos of both products, as well as features and accuracy, can dispute the PMDG version will be a much richer product.

I'm not saying that the iFly is bad or bashing them, but there is no doubt that if your interest in a true "study sim" for lack of a better expression, as well as one with better cosmetic features and modeling accuracy then the PMDG is the way to go.

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2011, 11:05:26 pm »
But the sales price for the pmdg version will probably be about $100  ::)
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2011, 12:11:24 am »
Price has'nt been decided yet, At least the last time I checked. ;) Besides PMDG NGX is not that far off from being released..... :)
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #57 on: May 21, 2011, 05:26:13 am »
Price has'nt been decided yet, At least the last time I checked. ;) Besides PMDG NGX is not that far off from being released..... :)

That's what they said in 2009   ;D
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Corsair 1200 Watt
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2011, 05:27:56 am »

While you are waiting I am enjoying my flight  :)  Still will get NGX but for now ifly is the way to.......well...fly!!   :D
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Corsair 1200 Watt
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

Anders Bermann

« Reply #59 on: May 21, 2011, 12:00:47 pm »
Hehe! Yearh! I wanna see it, before I actually believe it... The PMDG NGX, has been listed as "Coming Soon" for half a year (if not longer) - I would actually be suprised, if the release is "just around the corner"... (<-- which in my world, means within 4-6 weeks)...

But we'll see, I guess... In the meantime, I must join the crowd of 'supporters' for the iFly! :D - it's really an amazing plane...
And as someone on the iFly forum said - how can you compare iFly, with an aircraft, which hasn't been released yet...? ;)

Anyway - just my 2c! :)
Have a great weekend, folks!
Best regards, Anders