Author Topic: Buildings don`t appear in the activated and even not in Trialmode **SOLVED**  (Read 6094 times)

Julian007

Hi,
I set up my FSX new and after i installed JFK and addonmanager i just saw the jetbridges but not the buildings after beginning of trial mode.
Then I entered the serial and the JFK scenery switched to activated but no buildings showed up.
I installed everything now 3 times new and tried everything but I cant get JFK to work.
Please help me, before everything worked fine.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2011, 09:35:24 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Buildings don`t appear in the activated and even not in Trialmode
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 12:00:05 am »
his is usually caused by antivirus, try this:

- Uninstall the scenery. Reply YES when asked if you want to remove the Addon Manager and the Couatl Engine. Reply YES to both questions.

- TURN OFF your antivirus. Don't just exit from its interface, but turn off the real time protection. Actual wording changes between products, however, it's the option to scan every file that gets open in real time, without user intervention.

- Reinstall the scenery with the Antivirus TURNED OFF. Don't launch FSX yet.

- Configure the antivirus to exclude the following files from scanning:

YourFSXFolder\bglmanx.dll
YourFSXFolder\fsdreamteam\couatl.exe

YourFSXFolder it's usually C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X, if you installed it in the default folder.

- Now you can turn the antivirus back on, and launch FSX.

- Check you are seeing BOTH the "Addon Manager" menu AND the "Couatl powered products" menu under the "Addons" menu.

Julian007

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 12:22:26 am »
I tried it but it didnt work, still no buildings.
But the addon manager shows up in the menue and on this was I activated it.
And it also tells me on the other scenery`s i havent buyed "Trial period had started" but no buildings appear...

Edit: After looking through this forum I found ot that ive got the same problem like this guy here http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?action=printpage;topic=2608
Althrough this post is older, is there any solution for this yet?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 12:34:07 pm by Julian007 »

Julian007

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 07:30:46 pm »
Is there any solution?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2011, 07:36:53 pm »
But the addon manager shows up in the menue and on this was I activated it.

I've asked if you see BOTH the Addon Manager AND the Couatl menus. If one of them is missing, buildings will not show.

And it also tells me on the other scenery`s i havent buyed "Trial period had started" but no buildings appear...

Sorry, but if you are sure you don't have that scenery installed, this indicates you don't have the current Addon Manager, because this problem was fixed a while ago.

Since the latest version is always downloaded online when you run any scenery installer, it's not possible you would end up with an older version, under normal conditions, except in case it's the ANTIVIRUS (or a firewall or a similar security program) is blocking the download, so you are stuck with an old version.

Please, be sure the antivirus is disabled when installing, and don't skip the step to configure it to exclude BOTH the above files from scanning.

Julian007

« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2011, 09:35:23 pm »
Is there an extra menĂ¼ for couatl?
I just see the addon manager menue

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2011, 09:51:35 pm »
Is there an extra menĂ¼ for couatl?
I just see the addon manager menue

That's the issue, you are supposed to have two menus, that's why I've specifically asked if you seem them both.

As I've said this, coupled with the fact you see Trial messages for sceneries you don't have installed, seems to indicate you have two issues at the same time: an oudated version of the the Addon Manager, which at least is running, but a non-working Couatl program, and both issues might have been created by the antivirus blocking the Addon Manager update, and the Couatl altogether. It might also be a firewall program, not necessarily an antivirus.

Please, follow my previous explanation to the letter, don't skip any step, be sure you are asked confirmation to run BOTH the Addon Manager AND the Couatl program, and reply YES to both.

Julian007

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2011, 08:39:45 pm »
Thank you for your kind support
everything work probably now
Best regards Julian