Author Topic: Odd appearance: 'Trial period for FSDT Hawaiian Airports Vol. 1 has startet'  (Read 5746 times)

hotelfox

Hi,
just wanted to do a flight at PHLI again - the stress is on 'again', which means I flew there several times already and never had any issues - and was quite surprised when I realized heaviest stutters - I' d rather call them interruptions. In addition a green line popped up reading 'Trial period for FSDT Hawaiian Airports Volume 1 has startet'.

Funny enough, I never ever downloaded/installed your PHLI on my comp. Funny enough I was surrounded by the default FSX scenery. Funny enough I can' t spot any files on my PC which might indicate an (accidental) installation of your PHLI add on. I carefully checked this at all possible locations and also ran Sruffyduck' s AirportScanner.

I get the same line popping up when I fly in to PHLI.

Can anybody help me to regain the clean default (free of stutters/pop ups) PHLI scenery? Thank you very much in advance. Naturally I am also curious to know how something like this can happen ...

Best regards from Bavaria

hotelfox

« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 01:44:57 pm by hotelfox »
Leaving the frequency - good bye!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
You are not using the current version of the Addon Manager, just reinstall any our our sceneries to get it.

hotelfox

Thanks for your prompt reply!

To be frank I don' t understand what you mean. As I said - I never downloaded/installed your Lihue scenery (or any other FSDT scenery). So what does have an Addon Manager to do with the stutters and the pop up in the default PHLI scenery?

I can fly at PHNL and PHNG for example - without any issues. But at PHLI I get the problems as described in my first post  ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
To be frank I don' t understand what you mean. As I said - I never downloaded/installed your Lihue scenery (or any other FSDT scenery). So what does have an Addon Manager to do with the stutters and the pop up in the default PHLI scenery?

Either you have downloaded some FSDT scenery in the past, so the Addon Manager is still there, or you use another product that requires the Addon Manager too, for example the QW757

But at PHLI I get the problems as described in my first post  ???

In older Addon Manager versions there was a specific problem ONLY with the PHLI detection (meaning, detecting if it's not installed, in order not to give unneded Trial messages if you don't have the scenery) and yes, if an airport handled by the Addon Manager is incorrectly listed as being installed when it's not, it will also result in stuttering, since the program is trying to find files that don't exists, which is why the program needs to search if a scenery is really installed, and this wasn't correctly implemented at PHLI, but it's now fixed in the current version of the program.

You can get the updated Addon Manager either by reinstalling a product that uses it (perhaps the QW757 ?) OR by downloading the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, which is available in every "Info" page of every product in this web site.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2011, 10:49:37 pm by virtuali »

hotelfox

Bingo, that solved my prob (it was the QW757)! Perfect job - many thanks!