Author Topic: Work in Progress / 03 / Updated x2  (Read 115204 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Work in Progress / 03 / Updated x2
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2011, 10:13:13 am »
... OMG it looks AMAZING!!! I just heard the release date is 10 days????????? WOW.

Nobody has said that either.

We said that, AFTER we complete the FSX version (the date is not known at the moment) IF we can create the FS9 version in less than 10 days, we'll release them together.

ddo2

« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2011, 03:52:07 pm »
Can't wait for a night shot of the lighting on that epic arch.  Looks great guys.  A mandatory purchase. 

AA777-200ER

« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2011, 04:25:04 pm »
Great work virtuali, any chance of the In & Out Burger being included since it is a major landmark on the north side?

This is a "must" purchase (depending on the Dollar vs Euro) since it's home turf!  ;D

Darryl

bradl

« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2011, 07:45:08 pm »
And either copy of KIAH is not even up to date.

They just released it in October, can't be too outdated.  ;)

I just moved to Houston and stay right next to the airport.....matter of fact the planes are so close to the house I can throw a tennis ball and hit on during final.  That airport is "NOT" up to date. :)

Cool. Then while you are waiting for an up to date KIAH, do us a favour, and put up a KIAH LiveATC feed!  ;D

BL.

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #79 on: January 27, 2011, 08:59:02 am »
I just moved to Houston and stay right next to the airport.....matter of fact the planes are so close to the house I can throw a tennis ball and hit on during final.  That airport is "NOT" up to date. :)

Hey Juniormafia,

I have been thinking of getting the BP KIAH since there is no alternative for FSX, however I am not very familiar with the airport. Can you tell me what is wrong or not up to date with the BP version before I buy it.

Thanks

Well the first thing is the vehicle terminal arrival and departure are not even close to looking right.  The overall landscape hasn't even been touched.  Not even a fence around the airport.  Even Imagine Simulations has that.  Hwy 59, I-45, and FM1960 should be apart of the scenery considering how low they fly over it.  Anyone from Houston will tell you that.  You can see the plans stacked up for about 20 miles up to 15,000ft depending when the cut on their landing lights.  They are still building a new terminal there....don't see it on here.  I almost rather roll stock over this ..."trash".    In my opinion...., if you arer going to build a KIAH you should also do Houston Hobby as well with a "HUGE" attention to detail in and around the airport...especially the trees and other vegetation.  I hope that helps????

ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz
64.0 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Ram
Corsair 1200 Watt
 Corsair H115i-Water Cooler
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI
Samsung 49 inch Curved Monitor

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

SirIsaac726

« Reply #80 on: January 27, 2011, 05:48:50 pm »

Hey Juniormafia,

I have been thinking of getting the BP KIAH since there is no alternative for FSX, however I am not very familiar with the airport. Can you tell me what is wrong or not up to date with the BP version before I buy it.

Thanks

Well the first thing is the vehicle terminal arrival and departure are not even close to looking right.  The overall landscape hasn't even been touched.  Not even a fence around the airport.  Even Imagine Simulations has that.  Hwy 59, I-45, and FM1960 should be apart of the scenery considering how low they fly over it.  Anyone from Houston will tell you that.  You can see the plans stacked up for about 20 miles up to 15,000ft depending when the cut on their landing lights.  They are still building a new terminal there....don't see it on here.  I almost rather roll stock over this ..."trash".    In my opinion...., if you arer going to build a KIAH you should also do Houston Hobby as well with a "HUGE" attention to detail in and around the airport...especially the trees and other vegetation.  I hope that helps????

So...how on earth does that make it outdated?  It is up to date it just isn't up to your standards of how much is included.  And if you notice, you said "building"...how far along are they?  If they aren't even close to done finishing it, that is probably why Blueprint didn't include it.

JamesChams

« Reply #81 on: January 29, 2011, 10:25:50 am »
KLAX will use the Python engine for several things, from the usual ParkMe and YouControl, to the special lights ( RWSL lights, FAROS (Flashing PAPI), RHLs and THLs ) introduced with KDFW, and probably the handling of the changing colors on the light towers.

Texture quality and shaders usage will be another step up from KDFW...the actual scenery as seen in game, will not be very different from the rendering.
Good....BUT, it could use a lot more 3D grass, animated FS *people*, and ... Its still missing this... :-\

"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #82 on: January 29, 2011, 11:32:05 am »
Good....BUT, it could use a lot more 3D grass, animated FS *people*, and ... Its still missing this... :-\[/quote]

I think you have been already explained, we'll have all sort of people in the scenery soon enough, but not in the eye-candy only way you are keep referring, but as fully functional part of the scenery that makes sense for aviation, without any of the limitations that other apparently similar solutions seems to have (like working only with a specific airplanes, and static on top of that..., etc.), and it will be something that can be used by users, not just in screenshots/videos.

This, of course, is possible because we have a complete language engine that drives objects and interacts with the sim, and the animations are not fixed (those limitations are because of this), but reacts on changing situations like different airplanes, parking sizes, airport layouts, etc.

Which is why we are not out with a product yet: we started from the foundations that makes this possible, not from the animations, just to have something to show.

JamesChams

« Reply #83 on: January 29, 2011, 11:54:49 am »
...I think you have been already explained, we'll have all sort of people in the scenery soon enough, but not in the eye-candy only way you are keep referring, but as fully functional part of the scenery that makes sense for aviation, without any of the limitations that other apparently similar solutions seems to have (like working only with a specific airplanes, and static on top of that..., etc.), and it will be something that can be used by users, not just in screenshots/videos.
You must be really tired or sleepy when you are typing this... I am finding it a little hard to understand what you are saying due to incorrect grammer usage.  Please rest a little while and when you have a chance re-type/edit your paragraph, please, do so.  Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 11:56:51 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #84 on: January 29, 2011, 12:07:59 pm »
I think you have been already explained, we'll have all sort of people in the scenery soon enough, but not in the eye-candy only way you are keep referring, but as fully functional part of the scenery that makes sense for aviation, without any of the limitations that other apparently similar solutions seems to have (like working only with a specific airplanes, and static on top of that..., etc.), and it will be something that can be used by users, not just in screenshots/videos.

This, of course, is possible because we have a complete language engine that drives objects and interacts with the sim, and the animations are not fixed (those limitations are because of this), but reacts on changing situations like different airplanes, parking sizes, airport layouts, etc.

Which is why we are not out with a product yet: we started from the foundations that makes this possible, not from the animations, just to have something to show.

I must say Umberto, I am really excited about KLAX and all of the new things FSDT is working on as far as the new way of using shader and the ground objects/people you talk about, however the only bad part it that KDFW and KLAX are going to start making the older sceneries FSDT has done in the past seem not so great. As much as I like KORD, KDFW, and KFLL, they now seem no where as nice as KDFW is and on top of, KDFW for all of its size and complexity seems to load the fastest and be less prone to the slight pauses when loading of objects as KFLL, KORD, KJFK, etc. are.  Which begs the question, are there any plans to convert KFLL, KORD, KJFK, or any of the other sceneries to the level at which KDFW is and what KLAX will be? I know that you mentioned that doing so at KJFK probably wouldn't give any if much of a performance increase, however it would sure be nice to get ALL of the sceneries to have the type of lighting that KDFW has. For example the lights at KDFW dont seem as dependant as the other sceneries where the lights pop on and off. At KDFW all the lights are on and can be seen from every angle of the airport. Also the taxiway/path lighting pops on and off at KJKF depending on how far you are from it. Personally, I wouldn't mind spending $15 or so per airport to get the older FSDT airports upto the same standard as KDFW.

On a side note, its going to be very interesting to see if, when, or how fast FSDT sceneries will either be able to be ported to work in Flight or if whole new airports will have to be built from scratch. That is the one thing that I am really excited to hear about, for the better or worse, when the info come out on backward compatibility. Hopefully, all the existing FSDT content will be easy to port over, otherwise its going to be a long road ahead if Flight requires all these airports to be done again from scratch. If that's the case, it will probably be years before we see a fair amount of 3PD content available for Flight.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2011, 03:56:14 pm »
You must be really tired or sleepy when you are typing this...

You must be even more tired or (most likely), just plainly polemic, as usual, since that message was very easy to understand, which will surely be confirmed by anyone else that will read it.

JamesChams

« Reply #86 on: January 29, 2011, 04:17:31 pm »
You must be really tired or sleepy when you are typing this...

You must be even more tired or (most likely), just plainly polemic, as usual, since that message was very easy to understand, which will surely be confirmed by anyone else that will read it.
::) Umberto, This was NOT intended as an insult.  I understand that you are not a native english-speaker so don't feel hurt, but much (all most all) of the grammer in the above message is incorrect.
Please re-type your above message, its not quite comprehensible.  And, yes, I think we both were tired.  So, lets excuse one-another and not be combative about every single request/suggestion made.

Thank you.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 04:34:28 pm by JamesChams »
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #87 on: January 29, 2011, 04:29:35 pm »
I must say Umberto, I am really excited about KLAX and all of the new things FSDT is working on as far as the new way of using shader and the ground objects/people you talk about, however the only bad part it that KDFW and KLAX are going to start making the older sceneries FSDT has done in the past seem not so great.

We were fully aware of this and, in fact, we have been saying this for more than 3 years: FSX IS a vastly superior platform to develop on, provided we could exploit it in full, using FSX-only techniques AND additional programming, which is nevertheless possible thanks to how much more flexible FSX is, if used properly.

The issue is, having to support FS9 as well, has forced us to run with the "handbrake on", it's only recently that we finally decided to focus more on FSX, even at the expense of the FS9 version quality and features. KDFW was the first result, and it works and looks so good, also considering the huge size, because it has been designed from the start to be FSX only and doesn't contain any of the FS9 code that "infects" any other FSX scenery out there. Yes, we have an FS9 version of it, but it's structurally very different, which also costed us some effort.

Personally, I wouldn't mind spending $15 or so per airport to get the older FSDT airports upto the same standard as KDFW.

On a side note, its going to be very interesting to see if, when, or how fast FSDT sceneries will either be able to be ported to work in Flight or if whole new airports will have to be built from scratch.

These two are strictly related. We really can't say much about this, other than we are surely on top things when MS Flight is concerned. The most probable case is that later sceneries using FSX-only methods should be probably easier to convert.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #88 on: January 29, 2011, 04:39:05 pm »
Please re-type your above message, its not quite comprehensible.  And, yes, I think we both were tired.

I really can't see how that message couldn't be misunderstood, also because it said exactly the same things I've been saying for weeks, since you started inquiring about animated people in the scenery.

I'll try to make it easier for you: there are already sceneries with animated people using advanced character motion, the first one I think was the Aerosoft fictional airport and, if we also count usage of default FSX objects, our freeware Ocala airport which was released 3 years ago, also contained animated people.

But, as I've said, regardless which was first to feature this stuff, all those sceneries have limitations, making the animated people nothing more than eye candy decoration, which will probably get old very fast.

Instead, we are trying to do something more interactive that can be used without limitations on the airplane or parking type, and will cover several aspect of the airport life which features animated people.

In any case, this is the KLAX preview forum, and nothing of this is specifically relevant to that scenery so, please, try not to hijack any thread by keep mentioning animated people, trying to force us to discuss another unannounced product, which is unannounced for the very reason we don't want to discuss it YET. It will be discussed, extensively, when we think the time is right.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 04:44:14 pm by virtuali »

777captain

« Reply #89 on: January 29, 2011, 05:20:56 pm »
You must be really tired or sleepy when you are typing this... I am finding it a little hard to understand what you are saying due to incorrect grammer usage.  Please rest a little while and when you have a chance re-type/edit your paragraph, please, do so.  Thank you.

I find your ignorance just plain annoying. You spelt grammar wrong and your paragraph was poorly worded, yet still you have the oddacity to complain and nag virtuali about his grammar. You ALWAYS have to piss of scenery dev's don't you? Source: English Masters Degree ..
« Last Edit: January 29, 2011, 05:22:30 pm by 777captain »