Author Topic: Work in Progress / 03 / Updated x2  (Read 115209 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Work in Progress / 03 / Updated x2
« Reply #60 on: January 24, 2011, 09:03:53 pm »
Something tells me most people aren't running and buying scenery for both.

There's no need to use both sims at the same time, you might also be one of the many users which instead are (or were) running FS9, then would like to switch to FSX, perhaps when upgrading your system (sooner or later, it will happen), and since we don't sell the two versions separately, switching to FSX will not require to repurchase any of our products.

That's the main advantage of selling the scenery under the same license, and it's far more common that those running two sims at the same time. We are trying to ease the transition towards FSX, but selling separately is a way to make it harder than it should and, basically, it's a way to commercially exploit this unfortunate market division.

There's no technical reason why an additional version should cost double since the biggest part of developing a scenery is not spent to create two versions, but modeling/painting.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2011, 09:09:40 pm by virtuali »

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #61 on: January 24, 2011, 10:45:22 pm »
If all you want is a "default replacement", any of the Mach 1 or FRF sceneries are much better and they're free.  Lower cost?  Blueprint's DFW would've cost me $50 because I run both sims.  The money I saved buying FSDT's version would buy me either copy of IAH, if I wanted it.

And either copy of KIAH is not even up to date.
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz
64.0 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Ram
Corsair 1200 Watt
 Corsair H115i-Water Cooler
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI
Samsung 49 inch Curved Monitor

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #62 on: January 24, 2011, 10:47:27 pm »

There's no need to use both sims at the same time, you might also be one of the many users which instead are (or were) running FS9, then would like to switch to FSX, perhaps when upgrading your system (sooner or later, it will happen), and since we don't sell the two versions separately, switching to FSX will not require to repurchase any of our products.

That's the main advantage of selling the scenery under the same license, and it's far more common that those running two sims at the same time. We are trying to ease the transition towards FSX, but selling separately is a way to make it harder than it should and, basically, it's a way to commercially exploit this unfortunate market division.

Tell 'em!! ;D

There's no technical reason why an additional version should cost double since the biggest part of developing a scenery is not spent to create two versions, but modeling/painting.
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Corsair 1200 Watt
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

B777ER

« Reply #63 on: January 24, 2011, 10:52:15 pm »
Umberto,

So is it safe to assume the FSX version once done will be held until the FS9 version is also done? No chance of the FSX version being released once done?
Eric

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #64 on: January 24, 2011, 11:47:59 pm »
So is it safe to assume the FSX version once done will be held until the FS9 version is also done? No chance of the FSX version being released once done?

As with all our previous sceneries, if the FS9 version would take a reasonable time (less than 10 days), we'll released them together, and it makes sense, because while doing the FS9 version, we usually notice things to fix in FSX as well.

DChockey08

« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2011, 02:24:41 am »

As with all our previous sceneries, if the FS9 version would take a reasonable time (less than 10 days), we'll released them together, and it makes sense, because while doing the FS9 version, we usually notice things to fix in FSX as well.
For a minute there i thought i read the release was only 10 days away... Helas, no such luck.  :D

SirIsaac726

« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2011, 03:50:21 am »

That was somewhat my point.  Most people aren't using both sims but might switch/upgrade sims at a later date.  In that case, having both versions is useful.  But if you don't foresee yourself switching anytime soon and you are okay with Blueprint's scenery, why not buy it if it is only 20 some odd dollars?

Exploit?  No.  What they are doing is selling one version because people will realistically only use one sim for a significant amount of time.  You guys happen to sell both...I see that as a bonus but I honestly don't see myself using the FSX version of your scenery ever, especially now that Flight will, I'm assuming, be better than FSX.  So when I upgrade my computer, I will upgrade it so I can play Flight, not FSX.  Otherwise I will just be a step behind.

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2011, 07:59:00 am »

For a minute there i thought i read the release was only 10 days away... Helas, no such luck.  :D

;D I wish...
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2011, 10:38:42 am »
Exploit?  No.  What they are doing is selling one version because people will realistically only use one sim for a significant amount of time.

That's not really relevant. My point was that price should be proportional to the developing cost, and making two version does not (at least for a very big part) add much to it, which means there are no reasons to charge separately for them, not the full price, at least.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2011, 04:39:02 pm »

They just released it in October, can't be too outdated.  ;)
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

SirIsaac726

« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2011, 05:39:38 pm »
Exploit?  No.  What they are doing is selling one version because people will realistically only use one sim for a significant amount of time.

That's not really relevant. My point was that price should be proportional to the developing cost, and making two version does not (at least for a very big part) add much to it, which means there are no reasons to charge separately for them, not the full price, at least.

I get what you're saying and definitely see your point, I just think "exploit" is a bit out there when we have no way of knowing their true intentions with their pricing point.  Obviously it is to make money but to say that they are exploiting the market seemed a bit harsh to me. :)

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #71 on: January 26, 2011, 03:43:12 am »

They just released it in October, can't be too outdated.  ;)

I just moved to Houston and stay right next to the airport.....matter of fact the planes are so close to the house I can throw a tennis ball and hit on during final.  That airport is "NOT" up to date. :)
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Corsair 1200 Watt
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

aircanadajet

« Reply #72 on: January 26, 2011, 04:31:09 am »
... OMG it looks AMAZING!!! I just heard the release date is 10 days????????? WOW.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2011, 05:12:06 am »
I just moved to Houston and stay right next to the airport.....matter of fact the planes are so close to the house I can throw a tennis ball and hit on during final.  That airport is "NOT" up to date. :)

Hey Juniormafia,

I have been thinking of getting the BP KIAH since there is no alternative for FSX, however I am not very familiar with the airport. Can you tell me what is wrong or not up to date with the BP version before I buy it.

Thanks

SirIsaac726

« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2011, 06:23:19 am »
... OMG it looks AMAZING!!! I just heard the release date is 10 days????????? WOW.

You heard wrong.  Keep dreaming my friend. ;)