Author Topic: Work in Progress / 03 / Updated x2  (Read 115667 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Work in Progress / 03 / Updated x2
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2011, 09:41:32 am »
KLAX will use the Python engine for several things, from the usual ParkMe and YouControl, to the special lights ( RWSL lights, FAROS (Flashing PAPI), RHLs and THLs ) introduced with KDFW, and probably the handling of the changing colors on the light towers.

Texture quality and shaders usage will be another step up from KDFW...the actual scenery as seen in game, will not be very different from the rendering.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #46 on: January 23, 2011, 04:48:05 pm »
..BluePrint announced they are just about to release LAX, what made everyone make LAX at one time?

Only a real diehard Blueprint supporter would buy it.  They sell each version seperately, so users of both sims will end up paying more than they would for the FSDT version, which will be far superior in quality.  Blueprint airports are nothing more than expensive freeware.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

Pontiac151

« Reply #47 on: January 23, 2011, 07:38:23 pm »
..BluePrint announced they are just about to release LAX, what made everyone make LAX at one time?

Only a real diehard Blueprint supporter would buy it.  They sell each version seperately, so users of both sims will end up paying more than they would for the FSDT version, which will be far superior in quality.  Blueprint airports are nothing more than expensive freeware.

I prefer them than Imaginesim because of the frames. I get better frames with BluePrint than Imaginesim, plus Imaginesim is nothing but retarded now..

Your last statement is very correct, but doesn't mean I'm diehard for BP, they just make more sceneries that make more sense than IS does now.

CX 747-400

• Beta tester
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2011, 08:36:42 pm »

I prefer them than Imaginesim because of the frames. I get better frames with BluePrint than Imaginesim, plus Imaginesim is nothing but retarded now..

Your last statement is very correct, but doesn't mean I'm diehard for BP, they just make more sceneries that make more sense than IS does now.

I can understand youyr point of view about BP and Imaginesim; however, Imaginesim is starting to take there products up a notch. They are looking better with each release. I would take Imaginesim over BP only becasue of AES.
Jonathan

A part of the Flight Sim world since 1983
-----------------------
MS Windows 10 64bit Home / Intel Kaby Lake i7 @4.2 / ASUS MAX IX Hero Motherboard /Corsair DDR4 16.00G Ram /Nvidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Rafal

Re: Work in Progress / 03
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2011, 09:49:05 pm »
more likely a Yes than a No. Sure, the FSX will look MUCH better, but we are confident will be decent in FS9 as well.
Grazie mille!  
i7 7700k 4.2GHz, GTX 1080Ti, Asus MAXIMUS 9 FORMULA, 32 GB RAM DDR4, WD40EFRX 4TB, SSD 850 EVO 1TB, SSD 850 EVO 250GB, LG 34UM68-P 34" ultrawide monitor, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit, MSFS2020

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #50 on: January 23, 2011, 09:51:28 pm »
Very true,since Imaginesim has been improving their previous sceneries while making new ones at the same time. :)
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2011, 10:09:28 pm »
Yeah... but since Imaginesim did go far-east I haven't bought any of there products. I hope they will return to US soil.  ;) 
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #52 on: January 23, 2011, 10:25:27 pm »
I get better frames with BluePrint than Imaginesim...

That's because absolutely nothing moves, including the jetways.   :)

I can understand youyr point of view about BP and Imaginesim; however, Imaginesim is starting to take there products up a notch.

They've also taken their prices up a notch, selling each version seperately for $25 each.  Too much.   :)
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

DChockey08

« Reply #53 on: January 24, 2011, 12:00:10 am »

That's because absolutely nothing moves, including the jetways.   :)

I can understand youyr point of view about BP and Imaginesim; however, Imaginesim is starting to take there products up a notch.

They've also taken their prices up a notch, selling each version seperately for $25 each.  Too much.   :)
Too much for too little. The least they could do is make them AES-compatible..

Pontiac151

« Reply #54 on: January 24, 2011, 02:13:01 am »
Yeah... but since Imaginesim did go far-east I haven't bought any of there products. I hope they will return to US soil.  ;) 

Amen! That's why I call Imaginesim retarded now, because NO ONE flies to Singapore or Delhi, which is their next airport. Pointless? I think so.

Pontiac151

« Reply #55 on: January 24, 2011, 02:14:24 am »

That's because absolutely nothing moves, including the jetways.   :)

They've also taken their prices up a notch, selling each version seperately for $25 each.  Too much.   :)

Maybe your too lazy to just move your plane and adjust it to the jetway instead, saves more time :). Jussayin..

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #56 on: January 24, 2011, 03:37:22 am »

On top of that the quality is just piss poor.  Just as simple as that.
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz
64.0 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Ram
Corsair 1200 Watt
 Corsair H115i-Water Cooler
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI
Samsung 49 inch Curved Monitor

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

SirIsaac726

« Reply #57 on: January 24, 2011, 07:22:15 am »
Wow, some of the comments in here are quite ridiculous...

Amen! That's why I call Imaginesim retarded now, because NO ONE flies to Singapore or Delhi, which is their next airport. Pointless? I think so.

Retarded?  Yeah, because they must be mentally challenged.  And way to generalize the entire flight sim. community to what you do.  Just because you don't fly to Singapore or Delhi doesn't mean no one does.  There are quite a few Asian VAs out there...something tells me they don't see ImagineSim as "retarded" for doing Eastern hemisphere airports.

Now, for those that criticize Blueprint, there is something you must learn.  They aren't trying to create top-notch sceneries that will rival the likes of FSDreamTeam and FlyTampa in visual quality.  They are trying to create an up-to-date representation (simplified) for those just looking for a default replacement at a price less than that of the FSDT or FlyTampa or ImagineSim sceneries.  They are attracting a different customer base and clearly it is working or else they probably wouldn't be continuing to create and sell their sceneries.

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #58 on: January 24, 2011, 05:11:09 pm »
If all you want is a "default replacement", any of the Mach 1 or FRF sceneries are much better and they're free.  Lower cost?  Blueprint's DFW would've cost me $50 because I run both sims.  The money I saved buying FSDT's version would buy me either copy of IAH, if I wanted it.

SirIsaac726

« Reply #59 on: January 24, 2011, 06:38:47 pm »
If all you want is a "default replacement", any of the Mach 1 or FRF sceneries are much better and they're free.  Lower cost?  Blueprint's DFW would've cost me $50 because I run both sims.  The money I saved buying FSDT's version would buy me either copy of IAH, if I wanted it.

Something tells me most people aren't running and buying scenery for both.  Could they switch in the future and want the version particular to that sim?  Sure.  But I just get the feeling most people aren't running and buying scenery for both at the same time.  Therefore, it is a little less expensive.

I love how you bring up other scenery designers.  Personally, I don't see Mach 1 as better than.  I'd say some of their sceneries are on par with Blueprint but most are a little less detailed.  Again, it all depends on how you define "better."  If what you want is just an up-to-date, simple representation of the airport, Blueprint does a fantastic job.

Are there freeware sceneries out there that are more detailed visually?  Yes.  The latest release from Shez and Ian (KPHL) is a perfect example of that.  However, that is the beauty of choice.  You, as the consumer, aren't obligated to use certain addons.  It is completely choice and some people will choose not to use Blueprint sceneries (like myself as their style of work isn't what I'm looking for) and some people will choose to purchase them.  So instead of continually trashing them in every single flight simulator related forum, why not just vote with your wallet?  Simply don't buy it.

(P.S. While you're trashing Blueprint, why don't I see anyone trashing Abacus?  Don't they have the same reputation? ::) )