Author Topic: Work in Progress / 03 / Updated x2  (Read 115200 times)

PUP4ORD

• UA777
Re: Work in Progress / 03 / Updated x2
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2011, 01:44:48 pm »
 Updated X2 set, are kiddin' me :o I'm just lovin KLAX even more :)
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

ch00scd

Re: Work in Progress / 03
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2011, 02:08:42 pm »

Correct me if I'm wrong, but when you buy a scenery can't you use it in both FS9 and FSX with one purshase?
[/quote]

Yes, this is correct, e.g. for Dallas, you pay USD 33 and you get automatically the FS9 and the FSX version. But I don't need the FSX version, so you could also imagine that the prices are as follows:

- getting only the FS9 version: USD 20
- getting only the FSX version: USD 20
- getting the FSX and FS9 version in a value pack: USD 33
- If you own the FS9 version and want to buy the FSX version later, you pay USD 15 for the additional version.

As I am only using the FS9 version, I still don't understand why I should pay for a FSX version that I don't need and that I don't want. This is just a thougt and it's for sure not the main issue for me because I like FSDT's airports and when they are programmed for FS9, I will buy all of them because they are very well done with a lovely eye for the details - so looking forward to the FS9 version of LAX :-).

Kind regards,

Daniel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2011, 03:15:45 pm »
Yes, this is correct, e.g. for Dallas, you pay USD 33 and you get automatically the FS9 and the FSX version. But I don't need the FSX version, so you could also imagine that the prices are as follows:

- getting only the FS9 version: USD 20
- getting only the FSX version: USD 20
- getting the FSX and FS9 version in a value pack: USD 33
- If you own the FS9 version and want to buy the FSX version later, you pay USD 15 for the additional version.

As I am only using the FS9 version, I still don't understand why I should pay for a FSX version that I don't need and that I don't want.

You got it entirely wrong: pricing for a scenery doesn't have *anything* to do with the number of versions made. What you are paying, is our developing time, which is common because 95% of the dev time is spent in 3DS Max modeling, and in Photoshop making textures. It's only at the very end, that we finally derive the two versions.

So, the price you are seeing is for THE version, and is correct for the developing time spent and the scenery quality. It's developers that are pricing separately, which are tricking you, because their "real" price is the price for a single version, and they are trying to charge twice for what would otherwise be a cheaper product (which it usually shows, you always get what you pay for...), punishing people that use both sims or want to upgrade.

Anders Bermann

« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2011, 06:39:16 pm »
Hmm - quite interesting...
Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Quite frankly I really applaud your 2-for-1 policy! It's not many developers who let customers purchase a scenery and get compatibility for both 'active' sims! :)

Thanks again for all you work. Keep it up! :)
Best regards, Anders

ch00scd

« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2011, 07:20:48 pm »
You got it entirely wrong: pricing for a scenery doesn't have *anything* to do with the number of versions made. What you are paying, is our developing time, which is common because 95% of the dev time is spent in 3DS Max modeling, and in Photoshop making textures. It's only at the very end, that we finally derive the two versions.

So, the price you are seeing is for THE version, and is correct for the developing time spent and the scenery quality. It's developers that are pricing separately, which are tricking you, because their "real" price is the price for a single version, and they are trying to charge twice for what would otherwise be a cheaper product (which it usually shows, you always get what you pay for...), punishing people that use both sims or want to upgrade.

Hi Umberto,

Thanks a lot for this clarification. It seems that I was really wrong and as long as you publish so fantastic airports for FS9, I really don't care if there is also an FSX in the package :-).

Keep on going with the excellent work; looking forward for LAX in FS9.

Kind regards,

Daniel

Kappa

• FSDreamTeam developer
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2011, 12:07:06 am »

JamesChams

« Reply #36 on: January 22, 2011, 12:46:59 am »
 :o Nice work, Kappa/Team!  8)

So, do tell, what will your coult engine be doing thats new for this airport?  Are you'll able to make AI taxi in/out of the parking lots or does this airport have some other feature (like Honolulu's Clock) that *needs* some specific code to run?  Also, I take it that this will be done in the *new* way? (i.e. with Wet runway effect, improved shaders, etc.)

PS:  From these shots, it reminds me of the LEGO sets I use to build & play with as a child.  What fun it is to play like a child...  Tell me is it fun for you guys to build these things or is it all just *work*?
« Last Edit: January 22, 2011, 04:05:22 am by JamesChams »
"Walk with the wise and become wise; associate with fools and get in trouble.” (Prov.13:20 NIV)
Thank you very much.
Sincerely,
From,
  James F. Chams

sjt375

• Flight Director
« Reply #37 on: January 22, 2011, 02:08:40 am »
these pics keep getting better!

Silverbird

« Reply #38 on: January 22, 2011, 03:23:42 am »
Super cool! some great 3d studio max, Photoshop skills ;)  ;D
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

PUP4ORD

• UA777
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2011, 04:04:32 am »
I'm at complete awe :o With each new set brings out more detail that we ever seen so far. Hopefully will see the whole KLAX airport soon. :)
KENNETH M."PUP"CRADDOCK II
Ladies and Gentlemen please fasten your seatbelts for a short ride......
http://pup4ordfsxmore.blogspot.com/

ALIENWARE AURORA R4 MSWIN7 64BIT  As for the rest of it......?????????

skimmer

« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2011, 05:31:54 am »
LAX is another I will not be without. Miami, being right next to FLL I can do without.

juniormafia27

• Better You Than Me
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2011, 07:25:02 am »
That is really good so far!!!   :D
ASUS Hero Motherboard
Windows 11 64Bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz   3.60 GHz
64.0 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB PRO Ram
Corsair 1200 Watt
 Corsair H115i-Water Cooler
NVIDIA RTX-3090TI
Samsung 49 inch Curved Monitor

FS9, FSX, P3D, MSFS 2020

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2011, 04:26:55 pm »
So, do tell, what will your coult engine be doing thats new for this airport?

Guess you'll just have to wait and find out, like the rest of us.   ;) ;D
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

01pewterz28

« Reply #43 on: January 23, 2011, 04:30:37 am »
Looking forward to some Socal flying with LAX (FSDT), SFO (FlightBeam), LAS (FSDT), oh the fun in FS9 :)

Sean

Pontiac151

« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2011, 06:56:49 am »
Man, LAX ATCT looks great. It's funny, BluePrint announced they are just about to release LAX, what made everyone make LAX at one time? Sheesh!