Author Topic: Download speed  (Read 3627 times)

daveygurm10

Download speed
« on: December 20, 2010, 10:23:34 am »
Hi,

I was just wondering if there are any problems your aware of with download speeds?

Last night i tried to download JFK for FSX and took the best part of over an 1 hour and have just started ORD for FSX and is going the same way. I never usually have download speed problems and for the size of the file I would usually download in minutes rather than 1 hour +.

Also, i never had this problem before when i used FS9 and downloaded the FS9 version of the files, yes these might be smaller but still the pace of the download was alot quicker.

Any ideas?

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Download speed
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2010, 11:01:31 am »
I can't see any speed problems for JFK or KORD FSX, tried just now, and the download reports less than 10 min to finish each one.

We don't host our downloads here, they are hosted by Mediafire.com, which is an high-capacity bandwidth provider based in the US, which has hundreds of different servers, and every file we offer for download, is stored on a different server, in order to minimize the chance that too many people download our files at the same time would slow down the overall speed.

daveygurm10

Re: Download speed
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2010, 04:26:04 pm »
Ok, well i have downloaded what i required now. Not sure why the speed was slow for me.

As a comparison, downloads off avsim.com were speeding through at 450kbs+ taking minutes or less to download 50mb+ files, and when i was downloading here was a mere 45-50kbs. Wierd.

Anyway thanks for the information.