Author Topic: Strange Sight - Floating Objects at LSZH?  (Read 4469 times)

kiwiflyer

Strange Sight - Floating Objects at LSZH?
« on: December 01, 2010, 02:37:12 am »
I just discovered an odd sight at LSZH. At Gate E23 there are two objects hanging in the air - one is a guidance system for docking (can't remember the right terminology) and the other seems to be a bit of a gate. I am attaching three screen shots - one shows the floating objects, the second is an overhead showing the gate location and the third will help you locate the site in the airport.

I know the Swiss are clever people but I don't think they have discovered the secret of levitation! Or maybe they have?   ;)
Ian

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Strange Sight - Floating Objects at LSZH?
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2010, 03:14:25 am »
That's not a problem of our Zurich scenery, you have probably installed another scenery for this area that is excluding some objects, added some of its own (the white Docking System is not ours) and since this other scenery is excluding some of our objects, the docking systems, even the correct ones (the one from our scenery is the darker grey one) appears to be floating, because there was probably a building there.

So, this is not an issue of the scenery, you just need to remove any other sceneries for this area you have installed, that are creating the problem.

And, of course, you should leave Zurich on top of the Scenery Library (only AES, if you have it, should stay on top of it), which where its installer place it. If you moved it to layers below, it's much easier to have such problem with other conflicting sceneries.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2010, 03:17:19 am by virtuali »

kiwiflyer

Re: Strange Sight - Floating Objects at LSZH?
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2010, 08:04:42 pm »
Thanks Umberto. I have a feeling that the culprit may be AES itself as I don't recall ever downloading any other LSZH scenery. But given that it obviously involves the docking system/gate it's probably just a little AES glitch. No problem - I'll just make sure I don't park there again! I might just drop Oliver Pabst a line about it on the AES support forum but it's really no big deal..
I LOVE this scenery as I do all your other products...