Author Topic: Terminal B Jetways  (Read 5844 times)

DrJ1

Terminal B Jetways
« on: October 05, 2010, 05:28:07 am »
Just installed the 2.0 update.  It looks great.   I noticed that a few of the jetways don't quite line up correctly at terminal B.   See the pic below.  Any thoughts on  how to correct this?

Silverbird

Re: Terminal B Jetways
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2010, 06:15:56 am »
Just installed the 2.0 update.  It looks great.   I noticed that a few of the jetways don't quite line up correctly at terminal B.   See the pic below.  Any thoughts on  how to correct this?

HI whats your mesh settings in fsx ?? I'm not sure if that's what causing the problem or possible afcad file duplicate . but try the mesh settings. this was taken right from the kdfw manual  I tried the same gate and its ok on my end. using trail version buts its the same thing as the full version of the scenery.

In order to enjoy the scenery at its fullest, we suggest the following:

•    Keep the “Mesh Resolution” slider at least at 10 m/pixel, or better, and the  
     “Mesh Complexity” slider at 100. With less resolution, some visual problems  
     might appear.

If that doesnt work fsdt support will help you out so dont worry.  ;)
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2010, 06:41:54 am »
I had something similar to that happen to me at KJFK once and I noticed that when I exited FSX, Couatl was still running in the background for some reason.

I rebooted my computer, launched FSX and it fixed the problem for me and I haven't had it since.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2010, 09:46:54 am »
That problem might also be caused by not having "Advanced Animations" ticked in the FSX graphic settings, which will disable all the skinned vertex and bones animations, which are required for jetways.

DrJ1

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2010, 12:28:56 am »
Mesh complexity is at 100%  Mesh resolution is at 76M.   Advanced animations are checked.   Rebooted computer.   How would I know if there are Mutiple AFCAD files causing the problem?

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2010, 01:07:35 am »
Mesh complexity is at 100%  Mesh resolution is at 76M.   Advanced animations are checked.   Rebooted computer.   How would I know if there are Mutiple AFCAD files causing the problem?

I think you misunderstood the mesh settings. You have complexity correct at 100% but Mesh Resolution needs to be set at 10M or better.

Mesh Complexity 100  
Mesh Resolution 10m  <----- Slider father to the right, not left. I think yours being at 76M is all the way to the left.

If you want to check for multiple AFCADs, go to Scruffyduck and download the AFCAD scanner. Here's the link (copy and paste into your browser)

http://www.scruffyduck.org.uk/filemanager/navega.php?PHPSESSID=5b807161c44d457020cc250a4c20d8e5&dir=.%2FFSX%20Airport%20Scanner%2FCurrent%20Version

After you run the scan if will show duplicate AFCADs. I caution to be careful of what you delete if your not sure what you are doing, since some sceneries like FlyTampa have muliple AFCADS that are really dummy AFCADS for the boat traffic. Just look for stuff containing AFCADS for the DFW area to keep it simple.

I'm thinking you could have multiple AFCADS if you installed Dennis' ADE file that updated the parking, then ran the update. If this is the case you will have the FSDT AFCAD called AP_DFW.bgl and possibly another file called KDFW_ADEX_DDM.bgl. When I updated from the last version to the newest I had forgot to remove the extra ADE file I have been using and had two also.

In the Fdreamteam/KDFW/scenery folder, you should only have 8 files:

000_exclusion.bgl
AP_KDFW_OBJ.bgl
CVX_KDFW.bgl
AP_KDFW.bgl <-------or another AFCAD if you are using Dennis' update one KDFW_ADEX_DDM.bgl
kdfw_jetway.bgl
KDFW_platform.bgl
mesh.bgl
TERRENOFSX.bgl
« Last Edit: October 06, 2010, 01:23:33 am by cmpbllsjc »

DrJ1

« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2010, 04:37:00 am »
Got it!  It was the mesh resolution was set too Low.   Fixed the setting and now jetways are correct!  Thanks for all the help!

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2010, 08:37:22 am »
Got it!  It was the mesh resolution was set too Low.   Fixed the setting and now jetways are correct!  Thanks for all the help!

Good to see to see you got it going.

Now go have some fun  ;D