Author Topic: Flashing textures and bleedthrough  (Read 9221 times)

Dicko

Flashing textures and bleedthrough
« on: August 14, 2010, 01:03:15 pm »
On approach to KDFW had severe flashing and texture bleedthrough, making it basically unusable. When on the ground textures returned to the normal.
 :( >:(
Andrew Dixon  
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 01:15:34 pm by Dicko »

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: Flashing textures and bleedthrough
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 01:24:18 pm »
Until Umberto can help you, are you set to these specs in your FSX scenery menu. Those seem to clear it up for most people.

Mesh Complexity 100 <- Full right slider
Mesh Resolution 10m
« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 01:28:37 pm by cmpbllsjc »

Dicko

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 02:09:41 pm »
Thanks, tried the setting Mesh Complexity 100%, seemed to improve the flashing quite considerably. I started getting a little annoyed after spending $35 odd bucks on an airport that was unusable when I have other payware airports that don't display these characteristics. I will continue testing fingers crossed.

Andrew Dixon

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 02:16:33 pm »
Thanks, tried the setting Mesh Complexity 100%, seemed to improve the flashing quite considerably.

That's not enough, it should also be used together with Mesh resolution at 10m/pixel or above.

Dicko

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 02:32:31 pm »
I have it at 10

Andrew Dixon

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 02:34:25 pm »
You said it's now improved considerably so, I guess the issue is fixed. Have you also applied the latest patch, here on the forum ? We just update it now, it also fixes a problem with landing lights.

Dicko

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 06:11:04 pm »
I am going to uninstall this airport. The flashing is terrible and bleeding textures on approach are unacceptable. Now when I view AI at KDFW they are half buried in the ground and the buildings have disappeared. I have several payware airports non of which have these characteristics. If I was to taxi around the airport and never get off the ground this airport is great visually but when you fly you have to leave the ground and this is when this airport becomes unusable. I am terribly disappointed.

Andrew Dixon

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2010, 06:24:17 pm »
I am going to uninstall this airport. The flashing is terrible and bleeding textures on approach are unacceptable.

Not so quick. The scenery doesn't have any texture bleeding, we just need to find out why it's doing it on YOUR system.

If you followed this discussion:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3350.0

It was discovered the problem was caused by UT2, which floods Simconnect with commands, and it was solved by tweaking some of its parameters.

Now when I view AI at KDFW they are half buried in the ground and the buildings have disappeared.

This might happen if you are in a similar situation then the one discussed in the above thread. Are you using UT2 ?

I have several payware airports non of which have these characteristics.

As I've said, the problem is NOT caused by the scenery, but somethign else, it might be UT2 or not in your case, we WILL find it out, as we find it in case of cmpbllsjc.

The fact that other airports do not suffer from this issue (caused by *other* products, that's why I say "suffer" and not "cause" this problem), it's because no other airport, not even our previous ones, depends from a working Simconnect to create the ground layer which, incidentally, it was make it so sharp and so fast, despite of its size. I repeat, the airport DOES NOT exibit that behaviour normally, we just need to find out what's affecting it in your specific case.

So, let's do it again:

- Have you installed the current version of the scenery ( 1.0.5 ) ?

- Do you use UT2 ? If yes, try to apply some settings to it, as suggested in this post:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3350.msg29684#msg29684

Dicko

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2010, 07:05:31 pm »
I have the latest version installed 1.0.5 and no UT2 installed. Look the visual effects on the ground are absolutly astounding but from an above view flashing and scenery bleed on my system.

Andrew

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2010, 07:32:44 pm »
I have the latest version installed 1.0.5 and no UT2 installed.

What 3rd party modules have you installed ? UT2 it's just one module that we found is overloading Simconnect with many commands, but there might be other we haven't found yet.

To DIAGNOSE the problem (I'm not saying you need to forfait all your addons, it's just a test...), try the following:

- Open your DLL.XML file, located at:

%APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX

with a text editor and look the <Disabled> parameter inside each <Launch.Addon> section. Set it to True (default it's usually False) for EVERY module section, EXCEPT bglman.dll. Don't touch the <Disabled> parameter in the main top section of the file, only the ones inside the several <Launch.Addon> commands.

- Do the same for your EXE.XML in the same location, set <Disabled>True</Disabled> for all addons EXCEPT Couatl.exe

- Launch FSX and try again.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2010, 08:32:25 pm »
For what its worth Umberto and Dicko, aside from UT2, EZdok was also causing problems for me at this airport due to its constant simconnect feeds. In my case that was the only other addon in my exe.xml that caused the problem.

Dicko, if you have EZdok try shutting if off in the exe.xml like Umberto mentioned.

Dicko

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2010, 08:51:37 pm »
The only addon in my exe.xml file are the FSDT exectuables. Before I installed this airport I didn't even have a exe.xml file. The airport just doesn't work on my computer and i feel as though I have wasted 35 bucks.
Oh well such is life.

Andrew

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2010, 08:57:19 pm »
The only addon in my exe.xml file are the FSDT exectuables.

I've said to disable also all your addons in the DLL.XML file. This is a test, if it won't work, we'll try other things but please, I need to be sure what's happening first.

The airport just doesn't work on my computer and i feel as though I have wasted 35 bucks.

First, if you'll keep follow my advice, we WILL make it work, as we make it work any product for everyone that has any problem.

Fact that we offer a Trial, that allows everyone to check a product on HIS OWN system before purchasing it, doesn't mean we don't keep insisting supporting everyone, until the issue is found and fixed.