Author Topic: DFW for FSX Serious start up Issue  (Read 46209 times)

marcanthonystorm

Re: DFW for FSX Serious start up Issue
« Reply #45 on: December 26, 2010, 04:26:36 pm »
If I didnt tell you how this happened already, I will tell you.  Perhaps it might shed some light.  I am with a team called Touch and Go Films, and we make flight sim videos especially for FSDT.  The vice president of TAGF offered me the program with a registration key.  Now I already owned several other airports like JFK, KLAS, OHare, Ft Lauderdale etc....  When he gave me the key on skype for KDFW, I copied it and pasted it in the registration window.  That is when it all went Bonkers and fsx shut off.  I then removed KDFW and purchased it if that was a problem.  But it didnt solve the problem. I believe that key had some type of virus in it and it's on my computer still since I didnt reformat the hard drives, I removed FSX and reinstalled it several times that week but its that key that is somewhere in my computer that needs to be removed.  Now was I wrong to use Spencer's key which he claimed to be authorized to give out to me since Im part of Touch and Go Films.  Thank you and I hope that info helps.  Spencer had the same thing happen to him on his computer before if happened to me when installing KDFW.  Thank you again

Marc 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #46 on: December 26, 2010, 06:16:42 pm »
A Serial Number can't contain a "virus", this is just not possible. If you are using someone else's key, these are the ONLY possible outcomes:

- The original user hasn't used up all his activations yet. In this case, the scenery will just be reactivated normally.

- The original user has used all his activations. In this case, there will be just a message of having exceeded the available activations, and the scenery will work in Trial mode, without any problems, for 5 minutes at time.

As I've said, many times already, you HAVE to follow my initial suggestion (which was repeated 4 times, yet you keep ignoring it), to first disable every module in your DLL.XML except the Addon Manager, and check if it works. This might work or not, but at least we can check for potential conflicts caused by different versions of the VC++ runtimes used by different installed modules.

Or, as an alternative, to remove ALL the VC++ 2005 runtimes installed in your system, and reinstall them from the links provided in the previous message.

Your issue is that you can't accept the problem is NOT the scenery, but is something that has gone wrong in your Windows installation (not your FSX installation, that's why it's useless to reinstall FSX), and that is what you need to find out, and I've provided several resolution steps. If you are really sure it's not caused by the antivirus and you properly disable it, it's very likely is related to problems with your VC++ runtimes, which is why I'm suggestion the above methods.

You'll not going to fix anything if you continue to assume there was a problem with the activation, the key, or anything related to our software or that it might have been the *cause* of this, when in fact is the opposite way around, and it's something that has gone wrong in your system that has *caused* the software to stop working.

marcanthonystorm

« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2010, 02:09:47 am »
I have Microsoft Visual C++2005 Redistributable   2 of them and Microsoft Visual C++2008 ATL Update kb973924, Microsoft Visual C++2008 Redistributable 4 of these, and
Microsoft Visual C++2010 x64 Redistributable too.  Do you want me to remove all of these  and replace with the ones you told me to and wont it effect other programs on my FSX.

Thanks
Marc

I did try removing these before and it didnt work but perhaps I did something wrong.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2010, 10:05:46 am »
Yes, remove them all, both 2005 and 2008, including the ATL update. Then reinstall only the 2005 versions FIRST, and test if it works. Then, add the 2008 version, and test.

There was a known bug in a version of VC++ 2008 runtime that, if installed, would create a conflict with the 2005 ones. We use the 2005 ones, because they are installed and required by FSX itself.

marcanthonystorm

« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2010, 01:54:27 am »
what about Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Compact Edition [ENU] and Microsoft Visual C++2010 x64 Redistributable.  I removed C++2005's and 2008's and then installed what you asked me too and it didnt work yet.  So the SQL and 2010 are the only ones left.  Im trying, I really am.  Thank you.

Marc

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2010, 08:17:24 am »
I don't know about the SQL redist of the VC++ 2010 redist, perhaps they also come with libraries that affect the 2005 redist.

You can try removing those as well but I think you have to do the whole process from scratch meaning, you have to remove *everything*, then start with the 3 2005 ones, and stop there, to test in FSX.

marcanthonystorm

« Reply #51 on: January 04, 2011, 01:12:54 am »
SOLVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This was solved with the help of Brad Robbinson from FrameFreaks88 on YouTube.  In less then 3 minutes and going into the "Regedit" file under HKEY_CURRENT_USER and then SOFTWARE file. In there you will find the FSDreamteam Folder that is stored there from the time you original installed it.  Inside it has all the records of what you purchase and all the bugs too if you happen to get one when registering.  Well, he erased the fsdreamteam from there and said, "try it now, it should work" with his English accent, so I did.  And it worked and so does Quality Wings. Brad is a Genius.  Let's here it for FrameFreaks88.  Brad your the best.  Thank you to the team at FSDT for sticking with me in trying to figure this problem out. Brad should be made an honorary member because he deserves the credit.  Thank you....
Marc

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #52 on: January 04, 2011, 05:00:24 am »
It would be interesting to know *what* exactly you had in the registry, possibly a strange/non-ascii/illegal character that you mis-typed when registering ?

Or, something too long (like thousand of characters) in place of the Serial Number, as if you pasted the whole email instead of just the Serial ? Knowing this would help us fixing this problem in the future.

marcanthonystorm

« Reply #53 on: January 07, 2011, 01:47:50 am »
that's what I was trying to tell you.  When I copied the register that has been given to us at TAGF, I copied as the whole message by accident and just pasted it and then pressed enter. That's when everything went wrong because I believe it copied the entire post and not just the registration key.  Anyway it is all solved now and Im happier than ever.  Seriously you guys should make Brad Robbinson part of your team, this isnt the first time helped me with fsx and he is a wiz at it.  Thank you again. 

Marc

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #54 on: January 07, 2011, 04:54:13 am »
that's what I was trying to tell you.  When I copied the register that has been given to us at TAGF, I copied as the whole message by accident and just pasted it and then pressed enter.

Well, you only said it happened when you copied the registration code, you haven't said anything about having copied the whole message, this might have helped. Perhaps it's a Skype issue, that insert strange characters which are not visible but create problems in the dialog screen.

In any case, nobody had this problem before (most of users either use the integrated purchase, which insert the code automatically, or they paste from *their* email, not from someone else's code on Skype), that's why we started with the usual diagnostic steps.

marcanthonystorm

« Reply #55 on: January 08, 2011, 06:24:16 pm »
well thank you Umberto for sticking with me and trying to resolve it with me.  I know it was difficult, I have to help friends too with their rigs when things go wrong with fsx and it is not always easy trying to figure out fsx.  Thank you  again.

Marc

b787

« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2011, 09:30:04 pm »
Hello,
Finally I joined to nice FSDT sceneries(KJFK-KDFW-LSZH) and QW757 users this week. :)
But I have exactly this problem:
My EZDOK camera stop working and I receive this message "FSX process not found. FSX_handle:0" inside of Ezdoc window. :(
I didn’t understand how marc solve his problem , please advise me with simple words and step by step please if possible.
EZDOK camera by flight1 is “must have add-on for me”

many thanks
Bob

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2011, 10:35:28 pm »
My EZDOK camera stop working and I receive this message "FSX process not found. FSX_handle:0" inside of Ezdoc window.

That's not really relevant to this or our products, that message is coming from EZDOK program which, apparently, can't find the FSX running process.

b787

« Reply #58 on: March 12, 2011, 06:24:06 am »
My EZDOK camera stop working and I receive this message "FSX process not found. FSX_handle:0" inside of Ezdoc window.

That's not really relevant to this or our products, that message is coming from EZDOK program which, apparently, can't find the FSX running process.

Yes , you are right but when I disable Bglmanx.dll in dll.xml this module (EZDOK) is working again!  ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #59 on: March 12, 2011, 02:56:01 pm »
Yes , you are right but when I disable Bglmanx.dll in dll.xml this module (EZDOK) is working again!  ???

That doesn't mean it's a bglmanx.dll problem.

The most likely source of potential conflict between two modules, is the C++ runtime library that they were compiled with and how they signal to Windows this, by using an embedded manifest file. Our module use the VC++ 2005 (SP1) runtime, which is the same as used by FSX and of course includes a proper manifest file inside to tell Windows about this. Even if this info might not tell much to you, it might be helpful if you report it to EZDOK developers, maybe they'll have an idea what the problem could be.

Another thing you can try, is to rearrange the *order* of the modules in the DLL.XML, this could make a difference.