Author Topic: Problems with AI-Traffic, cannnot see the airline-traffic, but only the title  (Read 7574 times)

Streit Michael

Hi,
I'm using FSX with SP2 (FSX Accelleration)with window vista, DVX-preview switched of, and Ultimate Traffic 07. On the other airports, ai-traffic is visible, no problem, but in ZurichX there i can see any airline-traffic, but only the infos (aircraft, fL, distance) air-traffic switches are on 100%. What I have to do to  make ai-traffic  visible? Pleas help

thanks,

Mike

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
It's a known issue of SP2, and it doesn't affects just Zurich, but also other airports (eg. Aerosoft EGLL) using runways with custom textures.

IF an airport with customized runway textures is used in combination with AI models made for FS9, the AI model will disappear, unless aircraft shadows are turned off. This is an SP2 but, the same airport+AI worked fine in SP1. The same airport doesn't have any issue using default (FSX) AI models.

The ideal solution would be using native FSX AI models, that would solve the issue and will probably result in better fps as well. The scenery solution, instead, would be getting rid of the custom runway textures or delete runway lights, something that not many users would be willing to accept, especially at Zurich, were the checkered runway texture is really defining the airport.

Streit Michael

Hi,
What do you mean with "native FSX Ai Models"? Should I download Models from PAI directly? In my FSX,  Aircraft shadows are turned off, problem ist still existing. Are there other possibilities (Add On Manager, FSX-Tuning (Scenery, Traffic o.e.)

What may I do concretly? Do anybody have same problems?

Thanks
Mike

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Native FSX AI models are AI models exported with the FSX SDK for Gmax/3ds. You have to enquiry with AI model developers to know which of their models are native FSX.

Fixing the problem by turning airplane shadows off depends probably on the AI models used, it might not always work.

There's no other solution at the moment, except changing the scenery to go back to a default runway something that, in our view, it's not acceptable and it's a much worse solution than using native FSX AI models.

We already explained our view about this issue:

- If the AI developer would recompile his models with the FSX exporters, the end result will be more compatible, better looking and better performing models, without having to giving away nothing.

- If the scenery developer would have to fix the scenery, instead, the end result would be a scenery with default runways. Something that at Zurich in particular (but even at other places, like Heathrow, just think about the non-standard UK type rwy markings, impossible to do without custom runways ), it's not really an option.

And yes, everybody has the same problem, under SP2, when using FS9 AI models + runways with custom textures. It's a known issue, that affects all airports using runways with custom textures with FS9 AI models.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 02:11:37 pm by virtuali »