Author Topic: Is this normal in trial mode? maybe another bug? see the screenshot  (Read 7478 times)

jimcho

hi fsdreamteam

im still trying Kfll and i dont know but look like its a new bug after the one i posted yesterday or maybe some conflict with some addon i have?

see the screenshots:

when i fly above 265 feet the colours and maybe the texture look good and similar the satellite image but when i pass from 265 feet to down happen a small flash and the colour change, why? if this is a bug too maybe u can fix it together with the bug i showed u yesterday (http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3305.0) so u dont need to do double job.

screen 1: colour look similar similar the realty...its like must suppose to be also below 265 feet

http://img809.imageshack.us/f/above265feet.jpg/

screen 2: colour became darker suddenly (if i have time i make a video)

http://img541.imageshack.us/f/below265feet.jpg/

regards
jim

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Is this normal in trial mode? maybe another bug? see the screenshot
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 10:59:06 pm »
That's not a bug, but a peformance optimization, the detail texture is turned off after a certain altitude above ground, in order to get the best possible fps on final. It's not the only thing that disappears after a certain altitude.

Beside, there's NO DIFFERENCE between the Trial and the Full version. If the Trial would look different/worse, it would defy the purpose of having a Trial. The Trial is EXACTLY the same as the registered scenery, the only difference it works only for 5-6 minutes at time.

jimcho

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 11:12:57 pm »
i know that the objects desappear for gain the performance but now im testing new york and honolulu and only KFLL make that strange thing: its not about disappearing objects but is about the different colour above 265 feet. take a look carefull the screenshots....put them close and compare. the tone of the colour is different:

above 265feet is clearer and below is darker....its that changing that bad because on the approch suddenly a flash (1/10 second) and the colour or tone of the texture change...thats why im writing again. the the colour change? why is darker? never seen in other fsdreamteam airport but only here. if u want i make a short video with my hd video camera but from the photo is enough. i expect to see objects disappear from far distance but dont understand why the tone/colour change.

regards
jim

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2010, 11:21:41 pm »
i know that the objects desappear for gain the performance but now im testing new york and honolulu and only KFLL make that strange thing: its not about disappearing objects but is about the different colour above 265 feet. take a look carefull the screenshots....put them close and compare. the tone of the colour is different

Since what we are talking here, it's the DETAIL texture, and the overall color of the ground is created by combining the base ground texture + the detail texturem, it's clear that, when the detail texture is turned off, the overall perceived color will change.

So, I confirm, it's not a bug, it's just how the scenery is made.

Not all our sceneries switch the same objects and at the same altitude, it's done on a case by case basis, and KFLL needed a more aggressive optimization than other sceneries, mostly because the default scenery behind it is already taking a lot of fps by itself.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 11:23:22 pm by virtuali »

jimcho

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2010, 11:30:35 pm »
ok. thanks again a lot. so i cant do anything about this?

thx in advancd and for your patience.

regards
jim

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 12:01:02 am »

No, you can't. As I've said, it's not a bug, it's how we designed the scenery.

jimcho

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2010, 12:28:19 am »
ok. thx so much. so hope for dallas airport the defferent tone/colour wont be planned.

grazie milla  :)
jim

jimcho

« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 01:29:27 am »
i understand but the team can make an utility and every customer freely can switch on or off depending on what computer they have. the textures turn off also in dallas? its difficult to make a small utility for who dont wanna turn off the texture detail? and what about the texture problem i posted in klas topic? it will be resolved after the dallas airport patch? in future fsdreamteam some chance for the utility for the texture?

thx in advanced
regards
jim

Silverbird

« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 12:17:39 pm »
i understand but the team can make an utility and every customer freely can switch on or off depending on what computer they have. the textures turn off also in dallas? its difficult to make a small utility for who dont wanna turn off the texture detail? and what about the texture problem i posted in klas topic? it will be resolved after the dallas airport patch? in future fsdreamteam some chance for the utility for the texture?

thx in advanced
regards
jim

Hi Jim, we all have are own opinion and a certain visual sense of things. some more sensitive then others. but I wouldn't let these things distract you to much from the scenery.

Like Umberto mentioned some things are easer to fix and some things are just to complicated to fix and to much time to invest. of course they do try to fix as much as possible. they try there best, but we all are human's so nothing can be ever 100%.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR