Author Topic: jfk disappears with -trial period ends now- what can i do?? **solved**  (Read 7117 times)

rickda

hi and hello .......

i downloaded (paid with paypal) me fsdreamteam jfk for the fsdreamteam website and installed it into my brand new fsx environment ......

id set up a flight  - all over sudden the complete airport disappears with -trial period ends now- but as i said before -  i installed a paid version ....... what is this??!! ..... has anyone made the same experience?? am i doing something wrong ??  ???

please help .... thanx in advance ... rick
« Last Edit: July 25, 2010, 01:50:19 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: jfk disappears with -trial period ends now- what can i do??
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2010, 11:45:22 pm »
but as i said before -  i installed a paid version ....... what is this??!!

There's no "paid version". There's only one version of the scenery available, and it's the Trail. So, you can't have installed a paid version, because there's no such thing as a paid version.

Of course, since you bought the product, you also got a purchase receipt with your Serial Number so, by registering your Serial Number, the Trial will become a Full version.

So, you simply need to select "Register Serial" from the Addon Manager, insert your Serial Number and let it activate.

rickda

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2010, 12:21:35 am »
ah okay ...... am trying to install the addonmanager on my rig and get following error msg:

an error occured while trying to replace the existing file:
DeleteFile failed: code 5
access denied ........

tried "try again" w/o success ..... what can i do now ???

attached .... pic of my desktop with errormsg .....

ric

rickda

« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2010, 09:58:50 am »
redownloaded addonmanager again - and now it works .....
thanx ... ric

rickda

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2010, 10:30:10 am »
oh no ..... my jfk has disappeared again - even after registration and add of my serial number into the addon-manager ..... what shell i do now ???

attached - a picture !!!!!!
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 03:55:53 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2010, 03:57:12 pm »
an error occured while trying to replace the existing file:
DeleteFile failed: code 5
access denied ........

Your error in this case, is that you ran the Addon Manager installer with FSX still running. On some systems it could take a while to really close down so, it might still be locking files even after its icons disappeared.

A Windows reboot would surely have fixed this.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2010, 04:05:56 pm »
Sorry, but you need to be more clear and precise with your description of the problem and, of course, you haven't been really smart posting your Serial Number on the forum. I've obviously edited it but, if someone read it, it might steal your available activations.

In any case, your description of the problem is not clear:

At first, you said first the scenery ran in Trial mode, and then it disappeared after 5 minutes.

This is PERFECTLY NORMAL, since the scenery doesn't register itself, if you buy on the Web. It does if you Buy using the integrated purchase procedure (so you don't need to insert any Serial Number), but since you use the Web purchase on PayPal, it's obvious you have to select the Addon Manager "Register Serial" insert your Serial Number.

You only had to do this, there wasn't any need to install the Addon Manager again. It comes with the scenery, and it was WORKING because, without it, you wouldn't had any Trial to begin with.

Now, you are saying the scenery disappeared. Again, you are not very clear: it's disappearing like in your first description (after the 5 minutes), or it simply doesn't appear at all ?

rickda

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2010, 11:54:15 pm »
oh my god .... finally got it working --- really did not know yr way of registering a addon scenery .... am new to fsdt ..... sorry ..... now i think i know ...

cheers ,,, ric