Author Topic: I too have a problem with Version 1.3, Please help  (Read 7621 times)

ja50n01

I too have a problem with Version 1.3, Please help
« on: January 20, 2008, 11:37:25 pm »
Hi there,

I installed version 1.3 and upon restarting FSX I have lost Add-on Manager and the Zurich Scenery is none existent. I can see the Runway textures and detail but no buildings etc.

Also I have lost FSUIPC and FSdiscover etc.

I have a few add ons, but apart from patching them I never go into the files or edit them etc.

I have looked at your forum and read a lot of comments and I am confused, It appears that another product or add on may have caused the error according to your company, but yet my FSX was running just fine until I updated to 1.3. Although when i tried to find version 1.2 to uninstall it wasn't there, So I just installed version 1.3 from scratch.

I haven't used Zurich for a few weeks so maybe some other add on may have caused the error, can you offer any advice or help,

I am a novice when it comes to the FSX editing etc, I use it to fly and never tweak

Many thanks in advance

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: I too have a problem with Version 1.3, Please help
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2008, 12:20:43 am »
You should have a backup file that was automatically created by the 1.3 installer, named DLL_XML_Before_Addon_Manager.xml, found at %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX

You can use this one to restore the DLL.XML as it was before. It would also very useful to me if you could send me the backup file via email, address is on the "Contact us" page.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 05:50:06 pm by virtuali »

ja50n01

« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2008, 10:43:49 pm »
Hi there,

Thanks for your reply,

Problem is I have no clue what a dll or xml etc does, so could you give me some basic steps so that i can repair my fsx and get my Zurich back,

I will happily forward the data via email,  Sorry for my lack of knowledge

thanks

p.s I am running Vista Ultimate 32 bit

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2008, 10:46:05 pm »
Just send me your backup file and your actual file via email, it will be useful both because I can fix it for you, and because by having a look of the backup file, I can understand why the installer went wrong.

ja50n01

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2008, 11:17:23 pm »
Hi there,

Yes that sounds great, but how do i find the file, i looked everywhere, I am running Vista 32bit,

As soon you can tell me where to find it I will send it over via contact us as instructed, also can you tell me how you want me to email it(will it go straight across as an attachment or do i have to save to notepad first),

Thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2008, 12:15:51 am »
DLL.XML, found under %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 05:49:54 pm by virtuali »

ja50n01

« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2008, 05:27:59 pm »
DLL.XML, found under %APPADATA%\Microsoft\FSX

WHERE???? I Explained I don't have the knowledge, I just use FSX and thats it, i never touch the file system or structure,

%APPADATA%\Microsoft\FSX means nothing to me or DLL.XML  ???

Even searched for folder of this name and no joy......I am using Vista and have my main FSX folder under C:\MicrosoftGames\FSX also under my username and documents I have a Microsoft flight sim x folder which has saved flights etc.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2008, 05:48:39 pm »
Just click on the start button (the one with a Windows icon that used to be labeled with "Start" before Vista), type %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX in the white area and press Enter: the folder containing DLL.XML will open. Send me your file via email, I'll check it for you.

Sorry for the typo: it is %APPDATA%, not %APPADATA%
« Last Edit: January 24, 2008, 05:51:04 pm by virtuali »

ja50n01

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2008, 06:19:01 pm »
Just click on the start button (the one with a Windows icon that used to be labeled with "Start" before Vista), type %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX in the white area and press Enter: the folder containing DLL.XML will open. Send me your file via email, I'll check it for you.

Sorry for the typo: it is %APPDATA%, not %APPADATA%

Hi there,

Just emailed it to you, no worries on the typo, it was spelt right earlier in the conversation,

what i was missing was not having my system showing hidden files, therefore i couldn't see what you were telling me, Sorry a bit of a newbie to all this but i got there in the end.

If anyone else struggled like me, i have coped below a brief instruction to show hidden files..

Find hidden files and folders

Windows hides certain system file types and folders by default to avoid "user confusion". Here is how to display them again so you can locate all necessary files:

1. From the Windows Explorer, select "Folder Options"
2. Display hidden files

* In the "Advanced Settings" CHECK "Show hidden files and folders" (1).
    * We also recommend that you UNCHECK "Hide file extensions..."(2).

Thanks