Author Topic: FSDearmTeam products causing me to lose other add-ons?  (Read 5830 times)

bankheadd

FSDearmTeam products causing me to lose other add-ons?
« on: June 26, 2010, 06:39:07 pm »
Okay I'm doing a reinstall of FSX Gold and all my add-on's in WIN 7. My problem is when I added your product is removed my items from add-on menu! (CAPTSIM, ULTIMATE TRAFFIC 2, PMDG, FSUIPC, LVL-D) but I have your products still there (COUATL-POWERD & ADD-ON MGR) How do I reinable my add-ons?

Don

bankheadd

Re: FSDearmTeam products causing me to lose other add-ons?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 08:26:01 pm »
Okay after looking at my fsx.dll It had none of my addons in it so what I did was copy the contents from the (dll.xml addon manager) but I'm getting the following error message (C:\user\donB\appdata\roaming\MS\fsx\dll.xml error on line 7. position 4.. I guess I need to wait on your reply for this problem?

Don

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 11:02:19 pm »
My problem is when I added your product is removed my items from add-on menu!

No, our product doesn't remove anything from your addon menu. Sorry, but this is 100% sure: our installer doesn't touch the XML file itself, it uses the standard, official MS XML routine that is included in Windows to add its section to your DLL.XML so, it's just not possible that it was the cause of the problem.

Most likely, instead, is that you tried to fix the problem manually, and corrupted the DLL.XML file.

(CAPTSIM, ULTIMATE TRAFFIC 2, PMDG, FSUIPC, LVL-D) but I have your products still there (COUATL-POWERD & ADD-ON MGR) How do I reinable my add-ons?

I'm getting the following error message (C:\user\donB\appdata\roaming\MS\fsx\dll.xml error on line 7. position 4.. I guess I need to wait on your reply for this problem?

Don't try to fix the problem by hand, if you don't know what you are doing, this error means that you have made a mistake trying to edit your DLL.XML.

If you can post your file here, I can point you out what you error was.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 01:42:54 am by virtuali »

bankheadd

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 01:19:09 am »
Okay here are two dll.xml files, I assume that the one (dll.xml) is the one where every addon that has a dll will install to this file? and the other dll files are for what? Also how would I go about getting my other addons back to into the fsx addon menu? That's what I really need help with. Thanks

Don

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 01:44:51 am »
Sorry, you posted the wrong files: these are two backup files. The DLL.XML that needs to be fixed is named ONLY DLL.XML, not dll.bak.txt or something else.

If you post the correct file, I can explain what you did wrong, and fix it for you.

bankheadd

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2010, 04:32:46 am »
That is the correct DLL.XML file I just saved it with that bak ext so I wouldn't mess up the orginal.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2010, 07:24:15 pm »
By just uploading your unmodified dll.xml here, you wouldn't obivously messed it.

Instead, you might risk doing so, by renaming it to a .txt file, because xml is not a text file, and it might change when being transmitted because of this. We have configured the forum software to accept XML files just for this reason, so users can send their XML files without as they are, without having to changed them.

In any case, if that dll.bak.txt is a copy of your dll.xml file, there's nothing wrong with it so, and it includes both our Addon Manager section and the PMDG section so, at least those two modules should work.

I've noticed you have the Addon Manager entry as the last line, which means you are not using the current version of our installer because, it has been several months we put our line as the first line, because there are compatibility issues with other modules (like Audio Environment, which you ARE using!) that don't work if they are loaded before the Addon Manager.

I've made a merge of your two files, putting our line at the top, which is what our current installer would have done anyway. I don't see any entry for Level-D, so I guess the problem is because you have sent me an XML backup made before installing the Aerosoft CDG, which might have been made when the Level-D module wasn't there yet. You should have a backup made by our installer instead, which should contain the Level-D section.

In any case, I suggest upgrading our installers because, since I see only a PMDG entry in your current DLL.XML file, I suspect the issue might have been caused by a PMDG installer instead, which is known not to properly process XML files, relying on linebreaks as they were text files, which is not correct in XML so, their installer can get confused if a section don't use linebreaks, which is what happens normally when adding/removing entries using the standard MS XML parser.

We added an additional feature, to reformat the XML file at the end of the installation in the current version of our installer, so other installers will not get confused by XML files with missing linebreaks (they shouldn't, because XML without linebreaks is 100% legal XML!!), and they don't corrupt the file themselves, if they are run after our own.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2010, 07:32:33 pm by virtuali »

bankheadd

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2010, 12:55:15 am »
Okay me and xml file don't mix it's like oil & water. Now before I got the latest email with the updated dll.xml file, what I did, was I copied the dll.xml file from my WIN XP FSX and pasted into the WIN 7 FSX GOLD and everything appears to be working. I have everything back in my ADD-ON Menu. I have attached the dll.xml file that I copied from my WIN XP FSX and can you please take a look at for me. I'm not sure how the formatting is getting all messed up as you will see. The entry that is causing me to go into this dll file in the first place is the Eaglesoft citation x file (Hypergauge).

I would greatly appreciate if you can provide my some guidence on how to add files to this file, because like I mentioned earlier this all started by me trying to add the (Hypergauge dll.xml). And sence I am constantly changing & adding to my computer this will help me out in the future.

Don