Author Topic: User Access Control  (Read 146 times)

lionwing

User Access Control
« on: April 27, 2024, 10:02:02 pm »
Couatl is repeated asking for User Access Control as shown in the attached image.

If I click yes then the message returns a few second slater.  If I click no then the message also returns a few seconds later!

My User Access Controls are set to Always Notify - Default.

Any suggestions on how I might resolve this please?

OliveBeast20441

Re: User Access Control
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2024, 01:55:40 am »
lionwing,

I am a user also and have experienced the same issue as you since version 2.9.8 was installed.
If it happens again:

1. Make sure the GSX icon is visible in your system tray.
2. Right-click and select EXIT.
3. Restart the program from either the Start Menu or, if you have it on the taskbar, from there.

It should stop the repeated messages until the folks at FSDT come up with a solution.

Best regards,

Mark

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2024, 11:11:08 am »
Couatl is repeated asking for User Access Control as shown in the attached image.

No, it's not. At least not normally.

This only happens if you CHANGED its Compatibility properties to "Run as Administrator", which is NOT required and it's not how we install it by default. However, we don't automatically change the setting if you changed it, on the assumption you knew what you were doing when you changed it.

If your normal user account has Admin rights, there's no need to change the properties for the Couatl .EXE to run As Admin so, if this is your case, just set it back to default, which is how we install it by default, with NO Admin access required, this will of course remove the UAC message as well.

If, instead, your Windows user account has LIMITED permission, it's the one and only case where you need to run the Couatl engine "As Admin", so it's the only case where your change was required.

lionwing

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2024, 12:10:13 pm »
Thank you for the replies.

I will look at the settings for the .exe and reset to default and report back.  Weirdly GSX ran like a dream yesterday without once prompting for UAC.