Author Topic: Couatl crashes when pushing back with error: Error: exception UNRECOGNIZED_ID  (Read 290 times)

yetty

Hello.

I've been having a problem on the latest version of Microsoft Flight Simulator. I initially updated GSX and never had this issue on the previous versions of GSX. But anytime I push back the Coautl will crash.

This happens almost everytime, I notice sometimes it doesn't occur but almost always it will occur at various different airports. It tends to be more common at third party airports however these airports all worked fine before I did the update.

Here is a video showing exactly what happens. It doesn't just occur on the new fenix but any aircraft.

What Im doing in the video:
  • Selecting Prepare for Push-back and Departure
  • Selecting British Midlands
  • Clicking No on the de-ice menu
  • Removing chocks from the Fenix
  • Waiting for the truck to connect
  • Activating the Parking editor for a custom pushback
  • Pressing enter on keyboard to confirm
  • GSX Crashes

Inside the GSX Logs iit shows this error:
```
Error: exception UNRECOGNIZED_ID in call RemoveClientEvent param #2 '1069934656'
```

I have spent around 6 hours diagnosing this and I cannot figure out whats going wrong:

List of things I have tried:
  • Disable all addons apart from GSX (Still occurs)
  • Removing GSX completly and re-installing fresh (Still occurs)
  • Using the offline installer after cleanly uninstalling GSX(Still occurs)
  • Tried disabling everything which uses Simconnect apart from GSX(Still occurs)

Some notes about my PC :
32GB RAM
RTX 4070
SSD 4TB
60Mbits Internet connection with Custom DNS (PiHole)

I have attached the full couatl.log from the video above in the hopes it may point to some obvious issue.

I'm unsure what else to try and how to diagnose this further, I'm happy to try whatever to get this fixed as I love GSX but its sad I can no longer use it for pushbacks.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2024, 03:47:43 pm by yetty »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
The Simconnect exceptions are not really a problem. The real problem is the big airplane "bump" after you exit from the editor, so the airplane disengaged and all vehicles disappeared, as when you exit the airport.

Which suggests you don't have the latest updates installed, because that's precisely a problem we fixed with the latest update:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

GSX Pro Fix: Airplane bump with possible disengaging of services when exiting QuickEdit Pushback.

yetty

Okay thanks. I agree it appears then I am missing this update, but I am confused how to fix it.

Using the FSTDL updater I believe I am getting those caching issues because I get loads of errors in COUATL about certain models missing. So I used the offline updater in this post which appears to be the latest? https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=26826.0

But this now seems like thats a version before this update?

So how do I go about fixing the problem? Is there an offline installer for 2.9.4?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2024, 04:41:42 pm by yetty »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
So how do I go about fixing the problem? Is there an offline installer for 2.9.4?

That's the 2.9.4 offline installer, don't be turned off by the date of the release notes in the forum, the actual link is always kept updated.

yetty

That's the 2.9.4 offline installer, don't be turned off by the date of the release notes in the forum, the actual link is always kept updated.

Thank you.

So the file I downloaded from that site which was last week apparently was Version 2.9.3 according to the release notes in the installer.

This was downloaded on 01 March 2024.

This means that on 1st March 2024 when I used that link this was the installer for Version 2.9.3 I believe this was because 2.9.4 was released on the 4th March 2024

So when I was doing my diagnostics of the issue the latest version was Version 2.9.3 I posted this a week after my issues because my account was awaiting for approval.

So basically long story short this was a bug in GSX which was fixed between the time I actually had this issue and I posted this thread.

Thanks for all your help! :-) I will test and make sure I don't have the issue.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2024, 02:37:47 pm by yetty »