Author Topic: Sludge Hornet Modifications  (Read 197979 times)

neutrino

Re: Sludge Hornet Modifications
« Reply #150 on: August 22, 2010, 06:12:11 pm »
FSXNP, the recovery arrow on my HUD is not flashing... I thought it was flashing but it isn't  :)
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 07:42:08 am by neutrino »

micro

« Reply #151 on: August 23, 2010, 01:52:16 am »
Hey fellas! I was missing my roots and started tinkering with some of the old sim stuff. I ended up re-doing the textures for the IFLOLS to give it some more depth. As I still dont have FSX working I wasn't able to test em so be careful. You should be able to unzip it right into your panel folder after cutting and pasting the current IFLOLS cab into your documents for back up. Let me know how it works.

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #152 on: August 23, 2010, 05:07:52 am »
FSXNP, the recovery arrow on the my HUD is not flashing... I thought it was flashing but it isn't  :)
Oops... somehow I've managed to mix up your NEW Realistic HUD for the FSX F/A-18 Hornet and the Sludge HUD. The latter doesn't flash, really. My apologies...  :(
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

Orion

« Reply #153 on: August 23, 2010, 05:17:21 am »
FSXNP, the recovery arrow on the my HUD is not flashing... I thought it was flashing but it isn't  :)
Oops... somehow I've managed to mix up your NEW Realistic HUD for the FSX F/A-18 Hornet and the Sludge HUD. The latter doesn't flash, really. My apologies...  :(
Wait, they're different?

How much have I missed in the past month or so? :P

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #154 on: August 23, 2010, 05:20:42 am »
Yes, they are. The one at avsim.com file library does have a flashing recovery arrow.

Orion

« Reply #155 on: August 23, 2010, 05:49:34 am »
Anything else, or is that all?

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #156 on: August 23, 2010, 05:55:38 am »
Looks like the arrow is the only difference  :)

Orion

« Reply #157 on: August 23, 2010, 08:49:52 am »
Sludge asked me to post this screenshot.

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #158 on: August 23, 2010, 09:03:59 am »
Thanks Orion...

Micro...

Glad to have you back, hopefully for the long run, and as you can see, I put it on to test it out.  Do you mind if I put that on the Sludge?  Is that cool with you Serge?

Later
Sludge

neutrino

« Reply #159 on: August 23, 2010, 09:04:18 am »
Yes, they are. The one at avsim.com file library does have a flashing recovery arrow.

Are you talking about the HUD in the Sludge Hornet 1.1, or some other separate HUD? If there is a separate HUD, I'd like to take a look at it and see what's this flashing arrow :)

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #160 on: August 23, 2010, 09:21:36 am »
I mean a separate HUD, available at avsim.com. The Sludge one has a steady arrow. As I said before, I've managed somehow to mix these two  ;D

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #161 on: August 23, 2010, 09:26:39 am »
..Is that cool with you Serge?

Yeah, it's cool  8) Incidentally, my initial IFLOLS looked almost like Micro's  ;D

neutrino

« Reply #162 on: August 23, 2010, 09:50:50 am »
I mean a separate HUD, available at avsim.com. The Sludge one has a steady arrow. As I said before, I've managed somehow to mix these two  ;D

I found the one you are talking about, it is the original HUD by Scott Printz, and indeed the recovery arrow flashes. For some reason I made my version not flash, may be I checked the NATOPS, but I am not sure. Anyway in the Sludge Hornet everything is OK :)

micro

« Reply #163 on: August 23, 2010, 12:28:53 pm »
Glad it worked!!! Sorry I couldn't remember who came up with the orginal gauge, but outstanding work Serge! I was actually just bored on a Sunday and felt like fiddling around with photoshop. Sludge, consider the textures yours. Feel free to add them if you like. I'll drop by from time to time but I'm still enjoying my vacation!

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #164 on: August 23, 2010, 04:16:58 pm »
Micro...

Cool.  I may resize it smaller, just so its not as obstructive and would fit right in the lower physical HUD area.  Glad your back even if, its only a few times...

JR...

Do you remember that Enrico B. guy, who did the clear HUD glass that I use?  Was wanting to know if you ever talk to him and if he is gonna put out that newer glass texture with the light greenish projection?  The one you used in your newer HUD youtube videos.

Later
Sludge