Author Topic: Sludge Hornet Modifications  (Read 197990 times)

Orion

Re: Sludge Hornet Modifications
« Reply #120 on: August 04, 2010, 10:50:31 pm »
That's cool, "Sludgemod". :P

Still like "Sludge Hornet" though :P.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 10:52:36 pm by Orion »

Nike619

« Reply #121 on: August 04, 2010, 11:06:09 pm »
@ Sludge And Orion, It's a whole new hornet it my eyes!  ;)

It's truly great, I have some PM questions for you about it though, mostly regarding FM, ect.

It was built from the ground up taking nothing but physics into account ( Much like the now in dev A-10C ) All of it's systems are modeled in their entirety, It's very touchy to begin with, and Personally I Love it. I have broken the wings off one too many time in a high speed dive, Causing airframe over stress.

FC2.0 Is the best, New graphics, physics everything. Highly recommended!

SUBS17

« Reply #122 on: August 05, 2010, 07:49:49 am »

Definately will look for FC 2.0, and get that installed.  Why is the SU-25T Frogfoot the most advanced aircraft in the game?

The SU25T in FC has an advanced flight model which takes into account everything as well as momentum, drag for each pylon etc. IMO its a pig to fly fully loaded and you rely alot on the autopilot and trim to fly the thing. One good thing about the SU25T though is you can load it up with gun pods which can depress for hitting ground targets when slaved to the Shival or for A/A combine them with the 30mm cannon to absolutely destroy everything infront of you.

BTW yes I've managed to rip the wings off.

The reason why I stick to 1.02 is because I do not yet have FC2.0 although I do plan on getting it at some stage.

SUBS17

« Reply #123 on: August 05, 2010, 08:10:11 am »
For Sludge heres the downloads page for F4AF:

http://www.lead-pursuit.com/downloads.htm

You need patch 1.0.13 to fly with us ;D.
Also reccomended downloads:
Weapons Delivery planner
Ramp Start trainer

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #124 on: August 05, 2010, 06:08:30 pm »
SUBS...

Might join up later, IF I ever get that working.  I'm off for the weekend, but here's a little eye candy for those that think the F-22 is all that... I'm NOT one of those people.  Its great BVR, with all assets helping it (AWACS, other OCA players), but in-close its just another jet.

BTW, as a sidenote, this is a how training kill calls are made when doing ACT/DACT in the US military.

Enjoy.

http://www.patricksaviation.com/videos/Contrail_25/4024/

Later
Sludge

markturner

« Reply #125 on: August 07, 2010, 12:43:18 pm »
HEy Subs, I have F4AF installed as well as FC2, and would love to do some dogfighting, even using the superbug if you fancy. Anychance of trying to set up some flights? I would really like to practice against some real life pilots.

Let me know dude< I am in the uk, so would have to fly between 7 and 11 pm GMT

Cheers, mark

SUBS17

« Reply #126 on: August 07, 2010, 10:13:15 pm »
I mentioned that I have flown with some real life pilots and against them in Falcon although that was a while back and some of them have left SVN. We are gearing up for a war at the moment in the middle east theatre you're welcome to join us although you would need to qualify first before we could slot you in.

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #127 on: August 17, 2010, 10:40:49 pm »
SUBS...

Just got Lock On Platinum and I rate it overall "above average".  The combat and weapons modeling are great and the systems (ie. realistic radar w/scan features) are first-rate.  However, the flight models and the non-damage animations are wayy below par, especially in comparison to FSX.  I mean, the worst is actually trying to pull maneuvers besides a simple, full-blower 1 or 2 turn fight.  I bet no one has pulled off a Pirouette in LOMAC, have they?  I do it regularly in FSX with the Sludge Hornet.  And I now know why there has to be a button to do a "Cobra" in the SU-27.  Cause you cant do it manually, no matter how hard you try... the in-game flight model has to do it with a cheap "fix" (in this case, a selectable button that activates the maneuver).

Still would rather do simulated dogfights in FSX.  Ill take the Sludge and you can take whatever you want?  Im sticking with online dogfights in FSX, as LOMAC: FC2 is too weak in its flight modelling.  Also, I have F4AF, and cannot get it past the black startup screen even after the patches, so other than Open Falcon, I guess Im stuck w/FSX online fighting.  I know there are no actually bullets, but Ill take sim kill calls, and enjoy the far better flight model any day of the week.  Anyone else up for some online dogfighting?

Later
Sludge

SUBS17

« Reply #128 on: August 18, 2010, 01:25:36 am »
Try taking the SU25T up for a flight there is only one aircraft comparable in FSX and thats the VRS Superhornet although comparing the two is like comparing apples with oranges since one is FBW and the other is not. BTW latest patch for FC2 is 1.2 and that allows for MP coop with the DCS KA50. The Cobra IRL in a SU27 the pilot has to overide computer to give full deflection of the elevator and thats why LO uses the K key to represent that. The aircraft all got a tweak with the FM in patch 1.2 they are regarded as SFM(Simplified Flight model) with the exception of the SU25, SU25T and KA50.

As for your problem with F4AF:

2. When I start the game up I get only a black screen and not even a User Interface.
FSAA (Full Screen Anti-aliasing) currently causes problems, especially when set to 4x, though 2x can cause some problems in cockpits too, particularly for nVidia graphics cards. Switch off FSAA via your Display Settings menu for your graphics card. Consult your graphics card manual or the manufacturer's website if you have difficulty finding this. Also, uninstall and reinstall your graphics card's drivers, and install the latest version of DirectX from the Microsoft website. If you have "ffdshow" installed at the same time, it might be a cause of a conflict, too.

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #129 on: August 18, 2010, 07:01:23 am »
SUBS...

Tried the F4AF stuff, still doesnt work.  Not messing with it anymore.  And the FC2 patch is still not that great, the avionics are tight, but the planes feel DEAD.  Tried a couple of maneuvers (hammerhead, immelman, split-s, some hi-alpha) and the plane just feels dead, like I'm in an arcade jet with a great radar and avionics.  Even tried the SU-27, so I could take it up against the F-15 and still just doesnt do hi-alpha well at all, when that is supposed to be the SU-27/30/37's FORTE.  BTW, the pilot disables the AoA-limiter of the SU-27 FCS, so he can do a Cobra.  If LOMAC had it right, it could just put an aoa-limiter disable switch and let the pilot try it on his own.  However, I dont think the SU-27 flight model in FC2 is capable of it.
I'm done with other programs, so if you wont fight with FSX, lets just let this go, cool?  We'll just agree that you love those others, and Im happy with FSX.  Unless you're one of those people that has to have the last word?

TO EVERYONE ELSE...

If youre up for some FSX multi, give me a holler, as Id like to fly and fight with someone who has either the Hornet, the Sludge, the aerosoft F-16, or Dino's F-35.  I'll probly get Dino's new bird, as I'd like to see how it dogfights, its cheap, and people really like it.

Later
Sludge
« Last Edit: August 18, 2010, 07:10:15 am by Sludge »

Razgriz

« Reply #130 on: August 18, 2010, 07:10:35 am »
Sludge

I've been doing lots of carrier ops/formation flights again, so if your down, get on skype.

SUBS17

« Reply #131 on: August 19, 2010, 12:58:50 am »
SUBS...

Tried the F4AF stuff, still doesnt work.  Not messing with it anymore.  And the FC2 patch is still not that great, the avionics are tight, but the planes feel DEAD.  Tried a couple of maneuvers (hammerhead, immelman, split-s, some hi-alpha) and the plane just feels dead, like I'm in an arcade jet with a great radar and avionics.  Even tried the SU-27, so I could take it up against the F-15 and still just doesnt do hi-alpha well at all, when that is supposed to be the SU-27/30/37's FORTE.  BTW, the pilot disables the AoA-limiter of the SU-27 FCS, so he can do a Cobra.  If LOMAC had it right, it could just put an aoa-limiter disable switch and let the pilot try it on his own.  However, I dont think the SU-27 flight model in FC2 is capable of it.
I'm done with other programs, so if you wont fight with FSX, lets just let this go, cool?  We'll just agree that you love those others, and Im happy with FSX.  Unless you're one of those people that has to have the last word?

Later
Sludge

You can disable the AoA limiter in the mission damage setup, I've seen it done in a demo where a guy flys an SU27 in LO in high AoA. I don't know how much the FMs were tweaked in FC2 but in FC1 and 1.02 they are not that bad. Although another problem area is the curves for your joystick axis for the SU25T and SU25 the curves for pitch and roll are a straight line from the bottom left to the top right. For SFM aircraft the curve is supposed to be:

http://www.freewebs.com/konkussion/Ch%20axis%20mapped.jpg

With AFM its a straight line generally the curve for the SFM aircraft is tighter than the above curve and some guys put a straight bit in the centre.

http://www.lockontr.com/dosyalar/joystick.jpg

Theres some nice High AoA stuff here:

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #132 on: August 20, 2010, 08:47:36 am »
SUBS...

Im done.  Let it go.  Sticking with FSX.

JR and Serge...

JR, are you up for doing a realism fix in your HUD?  I noticed in YouTube carrier landing HUD videos that the Glideslope HUD Needle comes up at 90 from the Final Bearing, and the Localizer Needle comes up at 60 degs from Final Bearing, along with a whistle noise.

Watch from 2:05 and til the landing and you'll see what I'm talking about...

You guys will need to combine your skills to make this happen.  JR, can you make the glide slope come up at 90 deg, and the localizer at 60 deg from runway heading?  And once thats done, Serge, can you add the sound from the video, when the localizer needle comes up?  Dont know if you two would have to coordinate, but I'm guessing so?...

Also, JR, is there a way to make the TACAN read point one more than you currently have it?  Meaning when it currently reads .6 on the TACAN, have it display .7? Also, have it go no lower than 0.1?  I've seen both of these things in many HUD videos.  And I think I've discussed how the current TACAN is .1 short of real life.

This would be a nice realism addition, that could be added to both the HUD and the Sound Pack update.  It will be included in the Sludge v1.3 release.  Yes, I'm already starting on that.  It will include this proposed update, if it happens.  Also, there were some errors that I have fixed and some .fx file additions that have to be included.

Later
Sludge

SUBS17

« Reply #133 on: August 20, 2010, 09:28:58 am »
Nice video will V1.3 be a once only install or will it require the other 2?

neutrino

« Reply #134 on: August 20, 2010, 01:42:05 pm »
JR and Serge...

JR, are you up for doing a realism fix in your HUD?  I noticed in YouTube carrier landing HUD videos that the Glideslope HUD Needle comes up at 90 from the Final Bearing, and the Localizer Needle comes up at 60 degs from Final Bearing, along with a whistle noise.

Watch from 2:05 and til the landing and you'll see what I'm talking about...

You guys will need to combine your skills to make this happen.  JR, can you make the glide slope come up at 90 deg, and the localizer at 60 deg from runway heading?  And once thats done, Serge, can you add the sound from the video, when the localizer needle comes up?  Dont know if you two would have to coordinate, but I'm guessing so?...

Also, JR, is there a way to make the TACAN read point one more than you currently have it?  Meaning when it currently reads .6 on the TACAN, have it display .7? Also, have it go no lower than 0.1?  I've seen both of these things in many HUD videos.  And I think I've discussed how the current TACAN is .1 short of real life.

Later
Sludge

Hi, Sludge, I have researched the two things you say during the development of the HUD.

First, when the glideslope and localizer turn up? This depends on the ILS reception range. My research showed that the ILS needles appear when you are within +/-35 degr from centerline (this is a wider area than for civil ILS). Consequently, when you are the 90, the angle between your position, the ILS antenna and the centerline is about 35 degrees and this is why you see them first at the 90. Of course, if you are further away from the carrier, the angle at the 90 will be smaller and they will appear earlier. If someone can provide a more accurate reception range for the ILS (different from the +/-35 degr I implemented), perhaps different for the two antennas, I can easily change that.

The sound from the video you hear is not from the ILS, but from the altitude warning. You will notice the radar altitude starts to flash at the moment the sound alarm goes. The needles appear at that moment only by chance :)

The TACAN distance is very accurate. If you look at the other video by WhiskyRomeo2 ("FA-18 600kt CV break carrier break"), you will notice that the distance does go down to 0.0 nm. So I see no reason to degrade the accuracy on purpose here 8)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 01:46:24 pm by neutrino »