Author Topic: *SUGGESTION* Board pilots/crew separately from pax  (Read 496 times)

Just Caliber

*SUGGESTION* Board pilots/crew separately from pax
« on: December 08, 2023, 01:33:13 am »
I know this has been discussed before, but I didn't want to open an already closed post.

Anywho, during real-world operations, the pilots and crew will always board the aircraft prior to the passengers, most of the time 10-20 minutes before boarding. Currently, they are tied together and pax begin boarding right away.

I fuel planes for my day job and when there is a crew change, the pilots arrive at the aircraft well ahead of the passengers for obvious reasons. I think, to increase an already immersive and realistic addon, the pilots and crew should board separately from the passengers.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: *SUGGESTION* Board pilots/crew separately from pax
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2023, 02:14:28 am »
There should already be an option to do that, is there not. I know this was something that was implemented in the P3D version of GSX, so I'm not sure why it would be any different with MSFS. Perhaps check the GSX settings.
Captain Kevin

kingnorris

« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2023, 03:26:55 am »
I know this has been discussed before, but I didn't want to open an already closed post.

Anywho, during real-world operations, the pilots and crew will always board the aircraft prior to the passengers, most of the time 10-20 minutes before boarding. Currently, they are tied together and pax begin boarding right away.

I fuel planes for my day job and when there is a crew change, the pilots arrive at the aircraft well ahead of the passengers for obvious reasons. I think, to increase an already immersive and realistic addon, the pilots and crew should board separately from the passengers.
They do on mine. I get an option to board crew and or pilots. I can choose both or neither. It's not 20 minutes, but they do board before the passengers..

pete_auau

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2023, 05:35:37 am »
yep i get  the  option  to board  crew  or  both  or  none

Just Caliber

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2023, 11:45:23 pm »
There should already be an option to do that, is there not. I know this was something that was implemented in the P3D version of GSX, so I'm not sure why it would be any different with MSFS. Perhaps check the GSX settings.

My suggestion is to have their own option. Cuz if you select board crew and pilots when boarding, they board and then passenger immediately follow. There should be a completely separate option for the crew.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2023, 12:45:25 am »
My suggestion is to have their own option. Cuz if you select board crew and pilots when boarding, they board and then passenger immediately follow. There should be a completely separate option for the crew.
In the GSX settings, there should be a slider that allows you to set the delay between the pilots and crew boarding, and another slider that allows you to set the delay between the crew and passengers boarding, is there not. Again, only asking because it's there for P3D, so I don't see why GSX Pro for MSFS would be any different.
Captain Kevin