Author Topic: ILS Antennias for 9L/27R  (Read 6362 times)

dsflyerds

• Beta tester
    • Virtual Aviation Experience
ILS Antennias for 9L/27R
« on: May 03, 2010, 08:09:33 am »
I don't know if this is just me but the ILS glide slope antennas are facing the wrong direction. For example the ILS antenna for 27R is facing for use on 9L and visa versa. Just wanted to point this out.

lilvictor

Re: ILS Antennias for 9L/27R
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2010, 12:41:11 am »
I have a simular Problem. My Kfll Scenery for fsx, doesnt have an ILS for runwayz 9L and 27R, only for 31 and. But for KFLL scenery for FS9 its has and ILS. I need to fix that prob because i like the 9L ils approach.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2010, 11:43:12 am »
I have a simular Problem. My Kfll Scenery for fsx, doesnt have an ILS for runwayz 9L and 27R, only for 31 and. But for KFLL scenery for FS9 its has and ILS. I need to fix that prob because i like the 9L ils approach.

No, your problem is entirely different. A reversed ILS antenna is just a visual issue, and doesn't have any effect on the actual ILS.

If you don't have ILS working, is surely because of another AFCAD in conflict. It works fine here, and nobody else reported this problem. Assuming, of course, you are using the AFCAD that comes with the scenery, and haven't modified it yourself.

lilvictor

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2010, 03:12:52 am »
First of all what is a AFCAD? and Second, how do i set it to use ILS 9L. But Im serious, My 9L and 27R doesnt have an ILS at all. Even in the GPS it doesnt have it. When i fly in, the only option is the Visual 9L approach. But if so, how do i set it  to ILS?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2010, 10:47:24 am »
First of all what is a AFCAD?

It's the BGL that contains all the main airport data.

Even in the GPS it doesnt have it. When i fly in, the only option is the Visual 9L approach. But if so, how do i set it  to ILS?

It seems that you are not referring now to the ILS (which seemed logical, since you replied to a message that referred to the misplaced antennas) but to the ILS Approach Procedure, which is different.

The ILS is the actual navigational aid that you can tune with your radio. The availability of an ILS Approach procedure is what allows the ATC to assign you to one, but it doesn't have any effect to your ability to receive the ILS.

In this case, then yes, there might be an issue with the AFCAD we supply with KFLL, because it didn't included all the approaches.

Try the Attached AFCAD file, and put it into the fsdreamteam\KFLL\scenery folder, replacing the one with the same name that is already there

lilvictor

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2010, 06:01:11 pm »
alright thanks. Ill let you know if it works