Author Topic: Invisible Walls???  (Read 2768 times)

Flyboy777

Invisible Walls???
« on: October 18, 2023, 09:52:11 pm »
I have never had any problems until now.  All of the sudden I am running into invisible walls on several taxi ways and every FSDT airport (KCLT, KMEM, KORD, ETC).  I have a video that I can send if needed (this forum will not take the big file).  I also had this problem with KMEM, I turned OFF the Terrain_base.BGL file that fixed the same problem with KMEM.  Please provide any assistance.

My FS stats:

P3D 4.5
Updated computer and Scenery
Updated FSDT
tried to uninstall and reinstall

I uninstalled KCLT, cleaned up all associated files, reinstalled WITHOUT updating the scenery using the addon manager, and it works PERFECTLY except GSX will not work. I then updated everything using the addon manager and it created the invisible walls.  I believe it is something with the latest update that is incorrect and creating the issues.  If I disable GSX in the menu I do not get the walls, but when I turn on GSX I get the walls. 

Jeremy Schwartz
« Last Edit: October 18, 2023, 10:57:46 pm by Flyboy777 »

allybear21

Re: Invisible Walls???
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2023, 03:12:15 pm »
I have the same issue now with the latest updates.  Most all FSDT products have invisible walls at the entrance to all runways. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2023, 04:00:40 pm »
Please indicate the precise place where this happens, because I tried KMEM right now, P3D 4.5, which supposedly had this problem, but couldn't replicate it.

LukeK

« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2023, 04:56:41 pm »
I think I had the same thing at KORD on P3D, on taxiway A12 going towards the gates. I'd hit an invisible point and then get "bounced" back, consistently. Finally gave up. Look here: https://www.deltava.org/pirep.do?id=0x1a3cd8 on the map, select "route" and zoom in to where it ends.

Notice this at the gates too. Spawned at an E gate and wanted to slew forward about 10 feet to better align with the gate. Got consistently and gently pushed back.

Flyboy777

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2023, 06:56:50 pm »
It seems so random at every FSDT scenery.  I hit an invisible wall and bounce back.  At KCLT it’s 1/2 way down 36R.  Going at 130 KIAS then hit the wall and instant stop.  This is very frustrating because it is at every FSDT airport.  If I disable GSX the problem is solved but then GSX is not available and at some airports there is no airport because it depends on GSX. 

Jeremy Schwartz

LukeK

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2023, 07:22:11 pm »
What does the log say? I recall seeing a log entry when I had issues at KORD but it's been overwritten since.

Cheers!

allybear21

« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2023, 12:41:26 am »
I don't get any type of error log, I just bounce off the invisible wall.  It is happening at all the runway aprons at KMEM and KCLT

LukeK

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2023, 04:34:10 am »
I don't get any type of error log, I just bounce off the invisible wall.

There's nothing in couatl.log?

bcm652

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2023, 06:43:50 pm »
After seeing all of the these particular complaints, makes me glad that I haven't upgraded YET to 2020 from my FSX. It's still working flawlessly.

LukeK

« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2023, 10:19:25 pm »
After seeing all of the these particular complaints, makes me glad that I haven't upgraded YET to 2020 from my FSX. It's still working flawlessly.

This is not related or limited to FS2020. Do you have any FSDT airports?

bcm652

« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2023, 11:13:36 pm »
Yes, YVR-Vancouver. Great scenery and works fine. I still use Windows 10.
What happens if you use ''Just Warp Me There'' instead of taxiing to get to your runway.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2023, 11:33:27 pm by bcm652 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2023, 01:09:59 pm »
Radio silence from the team.  Have you found the issue and has it, or will it be corrected soon?  Miss flying into the wonderful FSDT scenery's.

What do you mean with "radio silence" ? I already replied to this, a few posts ago, saying I couldn't replicate and, asking for precise, exact, details about where this happens and the procedure to reproduce it.

Flyboy777

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2023, 04:34:36 pm »
Oh sorry, I didn’t mean to come off sounding rude. 

- Started on KCLT 36R full power, at C5 hit the invisible wall/instant stop/bounce backwards.
- KORD taxi down LL to A17/hit the invisible wall at A17 and A/instant stop/bounce backwards.
-KORD taxi west on V hit the invisible wall between EE and A18/instant stop/bounce backwards.

these are a few examples.  It is at every airport FSDT.  Again, GSX seems to be the issue.  Thanks for all the help. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2023, 04:49:29 pm »
You omitted the most important detail: the airplane used.

Flyboy777

« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2023, 06:52:59 pm »
FSLabs Airbus and PMDG 737.  The aircraft doesn’t make a difference, at least from what I experienced. 

Jeremy